Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Dodgeball Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
I’ve been playing NY Dodgeball a fair bit now and have noticed a few things that if added/removed may increase player population.

- Remove “Strip to Melee” rtd effect

T-poses the affected player for the duration of the round as they have no melee to be stripped to

- Add /vrs (vote rocket speed) and /ffa (Free for all)

For those unfamiliar, /vrs, once enough players have entered it, will create a vote for what speed to set the rocket at - no change, 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%

/ffa will turn the server into a free for all rocket nightmare where the rocket will target friends and foes alike (if all players one one team are killed, a player will be moved teams to ensure the round only ends when all but one player is dead)

- Maybe add back the rocket bounce explode feature that will blow up the rocket after it has bounced a set amount of times

I forget the exact reason it was previously removed but I would like to see it back to really increase the learning curve (to reflect downspikes and rocketjump)

I feel that having stealing as a slay is kinda destroying the dodgeball blw community, at least in NA as whenever I am on I always see at least one person complaining about being slayed for stealing. (Maybe revise this decision?)

Lastly, if a deterrent from orbit delaying could be introduced (ie. speed the rocket up if it has been active for a set amount of time (ie. 5s)), I would be very grateful as at the current time Donor powers are useless in dodgeball as they take so long to take effect.

Feel free to post any other suggestions or improvements you have on mine below and thanks for reading

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

As a pretty experienced dodgeball player (2 years)(Not on blw) having vrs is unnecessary at all as you have mentioned you would like to increase the learning curve and but implementing vrs the majority of player would vote for the ball to be faster as it is more fun and effectively making it harder for new players to learn. On the other hand the rocket bounce explode feature decreases the skill cap of players as the ball explodes before hitting the target and does not affect the learning curve at all :3

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
Dodgeball isn’t about having the highest speeds, it’s about being able to kill consistently and reflect anything that comes at you. A player who can consistently reach 400+ mph will (nearly) always killed by a player who knows how to use rocket bounces properly, so having it adds an entirely new set of skills that need to be learned and perfected - increasing both the learning curve and the skill cap. As for vrs, I personally learned dodgeball on a server that has some of the best players in the world, and I’m actually alright at db these days. Where I’m going with this is that you don’t learn anything without failure. When the odds are against you, you adapt to it quicker. This will help the newer players learn by trial and error, because being thrown into the deep end is the best thing you can do to learn. You will learn faster, and will learn more, when someone who is far better than you destroys you.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
As a long time dodgeball player myself, I find stripped to melee to be quite fun. I wouldn't want to have changeable speeds as it really messes with your orbits. Additionally /ffa is not very fun to play with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom