Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Definition of Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Let me start with that I didn't know where to put this (Admin can change if it is in the wrong category)

There is a situation like this (Jailbreak Minecraft):
Warden: "When the cell doors open, all reds go to the RED line and AFK freeze on it."
Person X goes to red line in knife pit and get kills for Delaying

In MY mind I didn't get how it was Delaying as the definitions of Delay are:

• to make something happen at a later time than originally planned or expected
  • to cause someone or something to be slow or late
  • to not act quickly or immediately
How can it be Delay when there are 2 RED lines (1 is closest to cells and to their left, the other on is in front of them and it is NOT specified to WHICH line they had to go.
Person X NEVER was told to WHICH line they had to go.

I talked with different people about this with different opinions.
Some agreed with me, some disagreed and someone also stayed neutral.

I just can't see how Person X was KOS when he went to the red line he was told to go.

To make something happen at a later time than originally planned or expected:
They went to the red line in front of them and never crossed the other line, no time expected because warden never said a time.

To cause someone or something to be slow or late:
They cause no one else to be slow or late and neither were they late because of no time specified.

To not act quickly or immediately:
They went straight to the red line and only stopped moving when they were on the line.

I would love to know YOUR opinions and arguments on this because I can't figure out how it was delay.

P.S. I used the name: "person X" because there were more people, I was one of them.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

The way I see it is:

If the warden says blue line instead of red line, they must walk over a blue line to get to the other blue line in the knife pit, so they arrived at this line and walked off it to go to this other line which is further away. But using your example of a red line, which is closer? The one to the left of the cells from cell perspective, not the one in knife pit. So you must go past a red line, and take longer to get to this other line, which is delaying.

You did just post about something happening slower than it needs to be is delaying, and that takes longer than it should. So I would say that it is delaying.

But thats just how I see it, and I am known to be wrong.

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

As said before and said by Ben aswell, you have to get to the closest line.
Even though it only takes you 5 seconds, it's taking you 5 seconds longer than it should. Thus, delaying.
When Warden want's people on the blue or red line in the knife pit, they always mention it clearly. If they don't mention it, you ought to know they mean the one closest to your cells.
I don't want Wardens to specify orders into details that we clearly know what he means because the time is limited and otherways they start ranting their orders so it becomes harder to understand.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Well, I just reopen the thread because I found it unnecessary to create a whole new thread for a discussion if another thread has already been made just a few days ago. Anyway, here is what I wanted to post:

A (may better?) definition of detour/delay:
No detouring/delaying: When an order is given, you have to take the shortest and fastest route to the (nearest possible) destination.

Some people who were active on discord during a discussion of this thread agreed that this definition might be better. So what are you thoughts/opinion about it? Is it good? Rephrase it? Keep the old one? Why?

K. Thx. Bay. Malz

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I've talked with Miyuki about this recently, and she came up with a pretty good analogy for it:

You're playing sports and your team gets told by your coach to go to the bench because other people are waiting to play. Your team goes to the bench a couple of feet away off to the side of the hall, but you decide to go to the bench on the opposite side of the hall from where you were originally standing because the coach didn't specify which bench. You're still delaying those people from playing, despite the coach not telling you which bench to sit at.

In other words, if you move to a line further away than the closest line, you're taking more time to do an order than you would if you went to the closest line, thus you are delaying. Those are my views on it anyway.

Amy

#Wilde
Yea since the rule states no detour or delay if you walk past the first line you are delaying by going on to the other one that is a little further then the first. "As Miyu and Ben said". I have seen people do that and they complain about it being a freekill when it is not a freekill. So if it does happen again people need to know that it's delaying. (Unless warden says 'All reds crouch walk to the 2nd red/blue line' then it won't be considered a delay as that is an order)

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

"No detouring/delaying: When an order is given, you have to take the shortest and fastest route."

This isn't to hard to understand, if you tell them to go to the yellow line, and they go to the one on the carpet on ml_castle. Kill them.
Tell them to go to obby, then they start wandering off away from the shortest route? Kill them.

We don't really need to elaborate any further on this definition, it seems perfect the way it is and I am struggling to see the confusion.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Yes, I see all your reasons as to why the currently definition already explains the question/scenario.

But I also have a question: Does it really hurt to add a few words to the definition? Or do you think that this would result in many definition being more "pitpointed" and even possibly confusing people?

I am not a jailbreak admin, so I do not know how things work there/how you guys solve your stuff. This is the first time I hear about such a complain, so it can't be a big problem. And if I am honest, I have no problem leaving the definition as it is. It seems perfectly understandable. But again, does it hurt to add a few words so potentially new players don't get confused? Give me a good reason why we shouldn't and I'll close this thread... if it has not been closed until then.

K. Thx. Bay.

Malz

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

As I posted in discord, I will put it here aswell.

Theres no reason the extend the current definition, it's fine as is, if people are confused we can correct them like we do with other rules. We shouldn't need to elaborate on it, and if people are confused I will throw them a dictionary to check up on the definitions of each word themselves as it's not really hard to understand it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=D.....69i57j0l5.2373j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=D...2j0l2j69i60.2330j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Basic english is all that is needed to understand that rule.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
It is time to respond with some opinions: (If you are not going to read it all, atleast read the bottom part)
If they don't mention it, you ought to know they mean the one closest to your cells.
For me it feels weird that you say that, for me I would only know that after it has been told to me as in you learn from mistakes... That does mean thou that there can be new players and get killed and they wouldn't understand why.
I don't want Wardens to specify orders into details that we clearly know what he means because the time is limited and otherways they start ranting their orders so it becomes harder to understand.
You can easily say "the line closest to your cells" within 5 seconds so they don't have to rush.
You're playing sports and your team gets told by your coach to go to the bench because other people are waiting to play. Your team goes to the bench a couple of feet away off to the side of the hall, but you decide to go to the bench on the opposite side of the hall from where you were originally standing because the coach didn't specify which bench. You're still delaying those people from playing, despite the coach not telling you which bench to sit at.

In other words, if you move to a line further away than the closest line, you're taking more time to do an order than you would if you went to the closest line, thus you are delaying. Those are my views on it anyway.
What if you are the first in line? That would mean others had to follow you and if they did than THAT line would be the line you had to be.
Yea since the rule states no detour or delay if you walk past the first line you are delaying by going on to the other one that is a little further then the first. "As Miyu and Ben said". I have seen people do that and they complain about it being a freekill when it is not a freekill. So if it does happen again people need to know that it's delaying. (Unless warden says 'All reds crouch walk to the 2nd red/blue line' then it won't be considered a delay as that is an order)
So what would you say about there being two lines, 1 to your left and 1 in front of you, why wouldn't you go to the line in front of you if they say you have to go to [color] line
"No detouring/delaying: When an order is given, you have to take the shortest and fastest route."

This isn't to hard to understand, if you tell them to go to the yellow line, and they go to the one on the carpet on ml_castle. Kill them.
Tell them to go to obby, then they start wandering off away from the shortest route? Kill them.

We don't really need to elaborate any further on this definition, it seems perfect the way it is and I am struggling to see the confusion.
It is fine that you struggle to see the confusion but for me it is like: "The warden never SPECIFIED which line to go to..." I could be wrong in this thou.
If they go to the obby and run around than it is indeed a detour.

• to make something happen at a later time than originally planned or expected
  • to cause someone or something to be slow or late
  • to not act quickly or immediately
Above you see the definition of "Delay"

Adding 1 line to the rules ins't that hard is it?
The Jailbreak Admin Team ofcourse doesn't have to but for me it seems more understandable.

I guess this was a long respond...
I said everything about this topic now that I wanted to say, I think.
If other people still want to give me explanations of why I would be wrong I would love to see them.

Btw... I see that close to every Jailbreak Admin has the same Idea about this... That makes me happy, even though you all think about it different than me... You still have the same way of thinking... That makes a good team.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

It's that if people have to start defining everything into details, like this order and all other orders, it's going to take a while.

Rules state: "No detour or delay" and going to something that is further away then you are clearly delaying. So I still can't see how hard it is to understand that.

When I was new, I had to learn the same way as other new people the meanings of certain rules and games. But you catch on very quickly, because ofcourse, all communities have different set of rules and definitions. If you are new and don't know how far you can go, you can try. But when you do it, you kind off know already you are trying to smartass your way out. It's a risk and if you get caught trying, too bad.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
As I posted in discord, I will put it here aswell.

Theres no reason the extend the current definition, it's fine as is, if people are confused we can correct them like we do with other rules. We shouldn't need to elaborate on it, and if people are confused I will throw them a dictionary to check up on the definitions of each word themselves as it's not really hard to understand it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=D.....69i57j0l5.2373j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=D...2j0l2j69i60.2330j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Basic english is all that is needed to understand that rule.

Yup, solid reasoning there. I rest my case. Sorry if it caused unnecessary trouble...

It's that if people have to start defining everything into details, like this order and all other orders, it's going to take a while.

Rules state: "No detour or delay" and going to something that is further away then you are clearly delaying. So I still can't see how hard it is to understand that.

When I was new, I had to learn the same way as other new people the meanings of certain rules and games. But you catch on very quickly, because of course, all communities have different set of rules and definitions. If you are new and don't know how far you can go, you can try. But when you do it, you kind off know already you are trying to smartass your way out. It's a risk and if you get caught trying, too bad.

Yup, I got it now. Sorry for reopening the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom