Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Defining the rules more clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
So my suggestion is to just make the rules more clear and a bit more concrete. Something like this:

Do not be offensive to other users
This includes but may not be limited to:
Using racial or homophobic slurs in any context.
Using abusive language (e.g. Go Kill Yourself).
Continuously disrespecting other players in text chat or voice chat with the intent of annoying them or with the intent of being annoying.
(Toxic can be used to describe any of the above)

Do not spam text or voice chat
Playing loud music or an obnoxious sound through voice chat (i.e. Micspamming)
Constantly using the mic in a way that annoys others.
Spamming binds in text chat.
Spamming commands in text chat.
Flooding chat in any way.

English only when using voice chat
On English servers you can only speak English in voice chat.
Text chat is not limited to only English.
On Brazilian servers you can only speak Portuguese in voice chat.

Have a proper microphone and make sure your voice doesn’t disturb the players in the server.
Having a bad/low quality mic
Having a loud mic.
Having static or high pitched noises when you talk.
Having noise in the background, such as people talking, TV’s, or the computer itself.

No inappropriate content
Having a spray that has nudity or other inappropriate content.
Having a conscientious objector that shows nudity or other inappropriate content.
Having a profile picture that has nudity or other inappropriate content.

No hacking/cheating
Using third party applications to give you an advantage over other users is pathethic and if you require these applications to assist you then, we suggest you play a simpler game such as Farming Simulator, rather than a game which will require you to actually learn, and have skill.

No exploiting
Using a glitch to get an advantage
Going out of bounds on a map to get an advantage.
If you find a glitch in the game, report it to Valve. If you find a glitch in a map or custom gamemode, report it to the creator.

No advertising
Advertising websites.
Advertising hacks/cheats.
Advertising trades in a server that isn’t for trades.

Do not abuse !calladmin
Falsely using !calladmin (e.g. a hackusation when there isn’t any evidence).
Spamming !calladmin.
Using !calladmin without having a valid reason.

No spawncamping
You may not block enemy team players from leaving their spawn if that spawn has a single exit. If a spawn has multiple exits there must always be at least one that is left ungaurded. Spawn camping is allowed on Trade, Achievement and on Class Warfare servers due to the nature of the gamemode.

No Griefing
Playing in a way that might annoy players in the server
Acting in a way that is against the objective
Acting in a way that is against the gamemode

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Using racial or homophobic slurs to insult other people.
So if said slurs are used in a non-insulting way, they are allowed?
Being inappropriate to younger players.
What does this entail? Could players be inappropriate to older players and have no consequence?
Continuously disrespecting other players in text chat or voice chat with the intent of annoying them or with the intent of being annoying.
How do you determine intent? Does intent and tone not vary from person to person? How would you know who is friends with who?

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
So if said slurs are used in a non-insulting way, they are allowed?

What does this entail? Could players be inappropriate to older players and have no consequence?

How do you determine intent? Does intent and tone not vary from person to person? How would you know who is friends with who?
First one is fixed. Second one I got from the comm bans and I didn't understand it either. Third one you can determine intent by tone, phrasing, and context. If someone says "suck my fat cock you moron" in voice chat it sounds bad. But what if they said it towards a friend in a playful manner? For text chat there isn't any way to determine tone, so simply phrasing and context are used there.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
First one is fixed. Second one I got from the comm bans and I didn't understand it either. Third one you can determine intent by tone, phrasing, and context. If someone says "suck my fat cock you moron" in voice chat it sounds bad. But what if they said it towards a friend in a playful manner? For text chat there isn't any way to determine tone, so simply phrasing and context are used there.
So I can say these things on mic, so long as I SOUND playful to YOU, just so long as I don't type it?

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
So I can say these things on mic, so long as I SOUND playful to YOU, just so long as I don't type it?
Nice strawman argument. I said that if they're saying it to a friend, then they obviously mean no harm and are just playing around. Thus, they are saying it in a playful manner. I feel like sometimes you just know when someone is being serious or not.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Might as well bring these up.

Being inappropriate to younger players.

I'm assuming that you mean those under 13. It is actually Illegal for someone under the age of 13 to have a Steam account let alone playing Team Fortress 2. Steam collects data on it's users (idk if blw.tf also does it, but that's besides the point), and they are prohibited for knowingly collecting data of people under 13. Therefore, it's implied that all users joining a server are over 13.

English only when using voice chat
On English servers you may only speak English in voice chat.
Text chat is not limited to only English.
On Brazilian servers you may speak Portuguese in voice chat.

Using "may" defeats the whole point of making something clear. So I get the option to speak English on a Brazilian server and vice versa?

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Nice strawman argument. I said that if they're saying it to a friend, then they obviously mean no harm and are just playing around. Thus, they are saying it in a playful manner.
First of all, it is Staw Man. Secondly, that is what you said. It is impossible for you to know intent, so as long as it sounds "playful" it's fine. These are your words, not mine.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
1586966935995.png

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Right now, you are the one building a staw man.

You used the words "intent" "tone" and "playful". I am just telling you exactly what will happen. If you think you are the player to display the most pedantic response to a comm block, you are sadly mistaken.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Right now, you are the one building a staw man.

You used the words "intent" "tone" and "playful". I am just telling you exactly what will happen. If you think you are the player to display the most pedantic response to a comm block, you are sadly mistaken.
This is about rules and clarity. I never said that as long as it sounds playful it won't go unpunished. Thus you are using a strawman argument. I just said that context and tone should be used to determine intent. I would appreciate if you don't mention my past because I will simply ignore it.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Also, I see your wikipedia and raise you Oxford, Merriam Webster and Purdue.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The ASA is the exact opposite of who you want proving your point. You were better with Wiki.

Regardless, this was actually a red herring. Good job. I give you a C+ for effort but an F for existing.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
The ASA is the exact opposite of who you want proving your point. You were better with Wiki.

Regardless, this was actually a red herring. Good job. I give you a C+ for effort but an F for existing.
The ASA literally uses the wiki. Also you ignored all the other sources and derailed this conversation. I'll give you an A for effort and an F for adding nothing of value.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Might as well bring these up.

I'm assuming that you mean those under 13. It is actually Illegal for someone under the age of 13 to have a Steam account let alone playing Team Fortress 2. Steam collects data on it's users (idk if blw.tf also does it, but that's besides the point), and they are prohibited for knowingly collecting data of people under 13. Therefore, it's implied that all users joining a server are over 13.

Using "may" defeats the whole point of making something clear. So I get the option to speak English on a Brazilian server and vice versa?
For the first one I have no fucking clue what that is. I literally saw it as a reason for a comm block. Talk to the admin who used this reasoning, not me. Also let's look at the CURRENT rules.
"On the Brazilian servers you may speak Portuguese. "
It says MAY there. I have no clue if it means you can talk both english and portuguese. Regardless of that, I changed it.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
For the first one I have no fucking clue what that is. I literally saw it as a reason for a comm block. Talk to the admin who used this reasoning, not me. Also let's look at the CURRENT rules.
"On the Brazilian servers you may speak Portuguese. "
It says MAY there. I have no clue if it means you can talk both english and portuguese. Regardless of that, I changed it.

Dropping four-letter-words because you can't articulate your thoughts without them. At this rate, people will be hiring you to write their rules for them.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Dropping four-letter-words because you can't articulate your thoughts without them. At this rate, people will be hiring you to write their rules for them.
Are you disrespecting me? Can we get an admin over here to ban this guy? Why does it matter that I use 4 letter words as if I have to reach a maximum character count for each reply? At this rate, people will think you're trolling o_0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom