Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Deathrun SG/Overall Deathrun

AplousE

Unremarkable
I would like to suggest adding records in the deathrun server so people would be more competitive and i personally think that it adds a bit of fun into the game
I also suggest adding a feature to hide/unhide your weapons, it just feels and makes bhopping a better experience.
If could add a better bhop system like an actual one like the one on bhop servers cause i experience stuff like this. U can see what i mean. Strafing just sucks and u cant do sharp turns or figure eights. Bhopping on tight spaces and platforms also is harder.
Ill show some photos about the record system (from gmod) and a video about the strafing problem.

Attachments

• VID_20190604_022642936.mp4
    24.2 MB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20190604-011848.png
    Screenshot_20190604-011848.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_20190604-011917.png
    Screenshot_20190604-011917.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
  • Screenshot_20190604-011931.png
    Screenshot_20190604-011931.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 327

AplousE

Unremarkable
So the idea of yours is to make a "leaderboard" in which the top 3 who finishes first?

And what do they get? Points?
Well you could give them points if the developer wants to.
The top 3 thingy adds a bit more fun and the feeling of achieving something. You could also get popular IMO

Derpachu

Somewhat Threatening
Well you could give them points if the developer wants to.
The top 3 thingy adds a bit more fun and the feeling of achieving something. You could also get popular IMO
So its just basically finishing the level and getting the same points that you also finish without being in the top 3?

Wodeurus

Uncharitable

Alex

I'll list a couple of things why I don't like the idea of these leaderboards and a few words on bhop
1. Like Shadow Mario said, freeruns exist, which in my opinion makes the "competition" kinda pointless and unfair as you with others won't hit the same/better time on normal run. *Doesn't matter how fast you go on non-freerun, because you are going to die 99% of the time if you try to speedrun

2. Don't forget about RTD, one lucky roll like Godmode could add up to your speed in passing the map, also making it unfair for other people who would care about these leaderboards. Chance traps can ruin your run, because they're 50/50 or 33/33/33. *Makes leaderboards luck based, not skill based

3. What about the rewards, like Derp was asking? If the reward is just tfstats points, how would it work? (Once every time you become #1, once every round after you become #1, one time big reward?)
Deathrun maps aren't meant to be speedrunned as well, good for you if you can clear the map in ~1-2 minutes, but it's not the point.

I don't see a problem with the current bhop system, except that on several maps you can bhop off of trigger_hurt areas that are too small and cover the floor only, or are DOTs (Solvable). The bhop we have now already makes it harder for deaths as you can gain speed pretty easily and juke a lot of traps, as well as keeping the height. If we could do sharp turns and keep the speed (video from post #1) it would be insane

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Ok so these are just some examples how you can blatantly skip traps and skip death with the current bhop system.
Mind the skills, its not my full potential :p
And also the black bars, dont roast me. Im trying to get full performance since im using a shitty laptop to play meanwhile.

People skipping traps like that is not due to fault of the bhop plugin we use. That is purely poor map design. Most deathrun maps are built without the intent of bhop being used. Most traps/death pits aren't designed with the thought of people jumping back out of them. Most death pits don't instantly kill for example.

AplousE

Unremarkable
People skipping traps like that is not due to fault of the bhop plugin we use. That is purely poor map design. Most deathrun maps are built without the intent of bhop being used. Most traps/death pits aren't designed with the thought of people jumping back out of them. Most death pits don't instantly kill for example.
Ok so heres the thing. I've never seen bhop that makes you jump at the height from where you fall from. And if we were using an actual bhop plugin, we wont even be able to jump back up. We would just drown/burn to death. Theres a map called aztecan where the floor instantly kills you but because of the bhop thingy you can literally survive 2 or 3 traps otherwise, skipping it.

AplousE

Unremarkable
I'll list a couple of things why I don't like the idea of these leaderboards and a few words on bhop
1. Like Shadow Mario said, freeruns exist, which in my opinion makes the "competition" kinda pointless and unfair as you with others won't hit the same/better time on normal run. *Doesn't matter how fast you go on non-freerun, because you are going to die 99% of the time if you try to speedrun

2. Don't forget about RTD, one lucky roll like Godmode could add up to your speed in passing the map, also making it unfair for other people who would care about these leaderboards. Chance traps can ruin your run, because they're 50/50 or 33/33/33. *Makes leaderboards luck based, not skill based

3. What about the rewards, like Derp was asking? If the reward is just tfstats points, how would it work? (Once every time you become #1, once every round after you become #1, one time big reward?)
Deathrun maps aren't meant to be speedrunned as well, good for you if you can clear the map in ~1-2 minutes, but it's not the point.

I don't see a problem with the current bhop system, except that on several maps you can bhop off of trigger_hurt areas that are too small and cover the floor only, or are DOTs (Solvable). The bhop we have now already makes it harder for deaths as you can gain speed pretty easily and juke a lot of traps, as well as keeping the height. If we could do sharp turns and keep the speed (video from post #1) it would be insane
1. First of all you dont die with 99% chance cause thats just unrealistic. And yes free runs exist. But it doesnt mean you cant get stuck/hit walls/ and die to auto traps. I know it cause i've seen people die in a freerun. By die, i mean like literally almost all of the runners die. Probably 1-5 people left.

2. You still need skill though. If someone who cant bhop gets godmode/etc it would just be pointless to aim for leaderboards. Clearly speedrunning is all about luck too. You get what i mean.

3. I've never planned on suggesting point rewards but ok. And also, if clearing the map in 1-2 minutes isnt the point then what is? Dying? You're supposed to try and survive and finish the map as runners. And speedrunning is one if those tricks.

First of all gaining speed isnt easy, well for alot of people. You cant strafe wide cause your speed will decrease, you cant strafe fast for the same reason. You need to strafe shortly and slowly pretty much. But i figured how to gain speed the fastest. And you arent supposed to fall down into a "trigger_hurt" area AKA death and just jump out of it. The point of having a trigger hurt area is to die in it. Not survive and jump out of it like it was nothing.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
We decided to move against having time recordings on deathrun map completion.
But for competitive Bhop, feel free top join our Bhop servers

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom