Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Deathrun SG/Overall Deathrun

AplousE

Unremarkable
I would like to suggest adding records in the deathrun server so people would be more competitive and i personally think that it adds a bit of fun into the game
I also suggest adding a feature to hide/unhide your weapons, it just feels and makes bhopping a better experience.
If could add a better bhop system like an actual one like the one on bhop servers cause i experience stuff like this. U can see what i mean. Strafing just sucks and u cant do sharp turns or figure eights. Bhopping on tight spaces and platforms also is harder.
Ill show some photos about the record system (from gmod) and a video about the strafing problem.

Attachments

• VID_20190604_022642936.mp4
    24.2 MB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20190604-011848.png
    Screenshot_20190604-011848.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_20190604-011917.png
    Screenshot_20190604-011917.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
  • Screenshot_20190604-011931.png
    Screenshot_20190604-011931.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 327

Derpachu

Somewhat Threatening
r_drawviewmodel 1-0 = hides your weapons.

I don't know if the DR servers has the same bhp system as the one from the JB servers, but if does, well it could be somewhat easy. (With a little bit of practice.)

AplousE

Unremarkable
Well most of the players in the deathrun server dont even know the forums and are not in the discord server. Idk about you guys but i think asking the people who are always active in the server for opinion/feedback seems like a good idea.

AplousE

Unremarkable
So i asked some people in the server which they liked my idea. Here are some
1. Act of grumpy (top 5 or 6)
2. Nk Guardian top 20? Idk
Ill get back when i get more feedback

AplousE

Unremarkable
I do care but if i asked them to join probably theres probably 1-3 people that are willing

Supreme Leader(3)

Blackwonder's Own
I would like to suggest adding records in the deathrun server so people would be more competitive and i personally think that it adds a bit of fun into the game
I also suggest adding a feature to hide/unhide your weapons, it just feels and makes bhopping a better experience.
If could add a better bhop system like an actual one like the one on bhop servers cause i experience stuff like this. U can see what i mean. Strafing just sucks and u cant do sharp turns or figure eights. Bhopping on tight spaces and platforms also is harder.
Ill show some photos about the record system (from gmod) and a video about the strafing problem.
Records as in points?

AplousE

Unremarkable
isn't points good enough or do you not have it?
Dude thats different, points dont mean anything. U could play 24/7 and be top 1.
What im saying is the record system/leaderboard thingy will add more fun into the game and we get rewarded for speedrunning.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Strafing just sucks and u cant do sharp turns or figure eights.
Not sure what you're talking about in terms of bhop, all I see in the video you attached, is you trying to bhop backwards? :rolleyes:
bhop works normally if you do it forward.

I also suggest adding a feature to hide/unhide your weapons
As said there is already a built-in command to disable your viewmodel, not to mention various custom huds (ToonHud to note one) that allow you to make viewmodels transparent.

I would like to suggest adding records in the deathrun server so people would be more competitive
I too don't see the issue with the ranking system we already use. Gaining points for winning rounds and Losing points when dying. The system works.
I am intrigued by the idea of points for finishing first/faster than others though... so it is something to look into definitely. :)

Additionally, as @Supreme Leader(3) said, it would be better for those who want to voice their opinions to join the forums or discord to voice them, rather than through yourself. It makes it easier.
Yea that could work but none of them would care
They clearly don't care enough about this idea if they don't care enough to join the forums... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AplousE

Unremarkable
They're too lazy... Ive asked people to join it by i just get ignored or my chat just goes away cause ghere are alot of people chatting.

Btw by record system i mean its like a leaderboard of the top 3 players to finish the map faster, idk why people are confusing it for points tho. But if getting to the top 3 leaderboard gives u points, that seems like a good idea. In gmod theres like a red box but only the lines at the and of every map (its the finish line) so if u just touch it your time gets recorded. Theres also a PB on your time.

Oh tony about bhopping backwards, no. Im trying to strafe back to show u that strafing sharply/turning sharply is pretty difficult or probably impossible with the current system. And in a map dr_windows u could get out of spawn with 600+ velocity if im not mistaken but the moment u strafe to the side its gone cause u need to strafe sharply after u get outta spawn to speedrun the map. And there are some parts that u have to maneuver through in the map and it makes it pretty diffcult too keep your speed cause the moment u sharply turn it lowers ur speed. So the only choice is to strafe widely or maybe u could strafe like me (diagonaly but almost vertical and fast)

Last edited:

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Ok well explain to me then... how exactly is people zooming past at "600+ velocity" fair for the Death? If everyone can just speed run to the end, it's not deathrun anymore, it's just a race to see who can reach the end first. Death would have no chance at all to catch anyone. Making it zero fun for anyone to play as Death.

AplousE

Unremarkable
Ok well explain to me then... how exactly is people zooming past at "600+ velocity" fair for the Death? If everyone can just speed run to the end, it's not deathrun anymore, it's just a race to see who can reach the end first. Death would have no chance at all to catch anyone. Making it zero fun for anyone to play as Death.
Thats literally the point, only the people who are able to do that are skilled players that means they earnt it. And the deaths could catch up by bhopping too or they could just use the treadmill thingy. Plus they have faster movement speed. Runners walk at 300 velocity and deaths walk at 400.
Edit: Oh i forgot to mention. The 600+ velocity is only at dr_windows where u get launched out of spawn. And plus ive been death before and with the current bhop system some people could still zoom pass me and i could easily catch up to them leaving behind atleast 4 or 5 traps using bhop/treadmill. And if a pro bhopper joins the server and sees the bhop system would it be fair for them?

AplousE

Unremarkable
If you apply the bhop system to DR, wouldn't it just be speedrun and Dr combined?
Obviously, it just depends on the person's skills. And ive seen a dr server with actual bhop once it was back then when i first played dr in tf2 and i couldnt bhop for crap.

AplousE

Unremarkable
Ok so these are just some examples how you can blatantly skip traps and skip death with the current bhop system.
Mind the skills, its not my full potential :p
And also the black bars, dont roast me. Im trying to get full performance since im using a shitty laptop to play meanwhile.

Attachments

• VID_20190608_214827521.mp4
    14.7 MB · Views: 124
  • VID_20190608_214905706.mp4
    11.1 MB · Views: 135
  • VID_20190608_214933739.mp4
    9.2 MB · Views: 117
  • VID_20190608_214949214.mp4
    23.6 MB · Views: 126
  • VID_20190608_215508891.mp4
    16.5 MB · Views: 121
  • VID_20190608_220614433~2.mp4