Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Could we maybe get an !Ignore command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
It would be really helpful to be able to mute player(s).

There's always annoying people that come at blackwonder along the way, and usually, they get away with it, without gags or bans, so it may be REALLY helpful if
we get an "ignorance command"

And to not get you confused, it's not to GAG the player, but to only "ignore" them, without seeing their messages/hearing their voices in voicechat, only towards the player
that decided to ignore them.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

To mute a player's voice without the use of commands..

Press Escape. Click the Square that has an Ear in it. Welcome to the client-side mute menu. Now just click the offending player and click to mute them.

I don't know about blocking their written messages but.. yeah, there's already a way to mute people built in to Team Fortress 2.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Skial has a similar plugin (not sure if it's public or not), but like Cammy said, the client side mute menu does the same exact thing so it's not really necessary.

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
Well, it's kinda weird but, the client side mute menu mutes VOICECHAT only when i try it, unlike other players.

If this happens to others just like it did to me, I would recommend adding an !ignore command.

Or, if there's somehow a fix to such problem, please inform me.

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
It's really weird but, a few players I talked to claimed that they can't mute VOICECHAT and TEXT-CHAT by that 1 mute menu Cammy talked about.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
This would be pretty cool, there is only a way to mute people client side. Which solves only half of the problems.
So having an ignore command would be nice.

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
This would be pretty cool, there is only a way to mute people client side. Which solves only half of the problems.
So having an ignore command would be nice.

I know, right? Having such thing to mute annoying players is not something i would say would negatively affect the server/players, but rather HELP those few players that find one person or two very annoying. Besides, what could possibly go wrong by adding such command?

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
By the way, there is that one, rarely used command that opens a new type of client menu that can mute players inchat - i tried searching it on the internet, but it seems to be VERY rare! And i'm not making this up, i used to be an old blw member and i remember 2 or 3 blw friends that fixed such problem by giving me that one, rare command - This all sounds weird, but believe me or not, that one command IS real.

normie

Totally Ordinary
poll.PNG

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Don't know if it was removed or not, but there used to be /sm to self mute players for those who were too incapable to use the in game mute menu which has muted in text chat since 2014. Due to TF2 being TF2, your clients may be goofed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom