Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Changing "Breaking" to "Completely Break" in Jailbreak Rules

D

Deleted member 2049

As the rule states, no breaking breakables. Although there is something I would like to change in it, because it says breaking and not hitting. Breaking would sound like hitting a breakable rather than completely destroying, confusing players like me. I've been told by an admin I believe that hitting breakables is KOS, but now I've been told by another admin that completely breaking breakables is KOS rather than just hitting it. So this really confuses me on who I should believe, so maybe a CLEAR confirmation in the rules will help. I don't want any admins arguing if it's right or not like with the marker and markers thing.
Screenshot (158).png

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
If I hit something and my goal is to break it, I am in the process of breaking it. That same process is also me hitting it. Breaking and hitting a breakable on jailbreak mean the same thing. You can’t break into armory 80% and say you’re not a rebel because “I didn’t finish the job”; that doesn’t make sense.

Hitting a breakable with intent to rebel makes you a rebel even if you don’t completely break it.

Paragon

Foster The People
If I hit something and my goal is to break it, I am in the process of breaking it. That same process is also me hitting it. Breaking and hitting a breakable on jailbreak mean the same thing. You can’t break into armory 80% and say you’re not a rebel because “I didn’t finish the job”; that doesn’t make sense.

Hitting a breakable with intent to rebel makes you a rebel even if you don’t completely break it.
The reason this question appeared was because i hit a breakable once and dusk killed me and i said he was in the wrong because (hopefully no harm happens to overkill because of me saying this) i have a screenshot of overkill on discord a month or 2 back saying hitting breakables isnt kos till you break it, this isnt the first time something like this happened because the reason i asked it a while back was because herald and i were in the same spot. Again i dont want anything to happen to overkill because of this. Just put in consideration its old

Attachments

• 20180127_175725.png
    20180127_175725.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 516
D

Deleted member 2049

One admin says one thing, another admin says another. Thats why it should be clearly clarified so some people don't have to argue over the stupidist things. Breaking is the process of attempting to break a breakable. Hitting is used in the same way as breaking, therefor it should be KOS if anyone is hitting a breakable. But appearantly others think otherwise

hey ya

Dark Elf
One admin says one thing, another admin says another. Thats why it should be clearly clarified so some people don't have to argue over the stupidist things. Breaking is the process of attempting to break a breakable. Hitting is used in the same way as breaking, therefor it should be KOS if anyone is hitting a breakable. But appearantly others think otherwise
@Overkill is a stupee head but @Jim is a nazi
personally I agree with jim

D

Deleted member 2049

So if I was right the first time, then can we still clearly clarify this in the rules so no one will argue about it?

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
"Breaking" is an active verb.
It is an action.
Thus the action of breaking a breakable is KOS, as the rule says "breaking".
English. Is. Hard.

P.S. this is just to clarify that there can be multiple perceptions of this rule, but if you look at the English language (which the rule is written in), the meaning of the rule should be obvious.

Thus, Aegus was right., but it should not need changing

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Overkill also says that saying "afk freeze" after "bumrush follow markers" as last order and then placing a new marker makes the Reds have to go to the new marker so :D

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Overkill also says that saying "afk freeze" after "bumrush follow markers" as last order and then placing a new marker makes the Reds have to go to the new marker so :D
No. By giving afk freeze as the latest order, the reds must stay still until a new order is given.

@Overkill what questionable things are you telling my people while I’m away :thonk:

Overkill

a byte

First, wrong, I never say that. I do that but when I place the new marker, anyone who goes to it is KOS cause original order was to AFK Freeze. If you have evidence of me saying what you said I say, make a report.

"Breaking" is an active verb.
It is an action.
Thus the action of breaking a breakable is KOS, as the rule says "breaking".
English. Is. Hard.

P.S. this is just to clarify that there can be multiple perceptions of this rule, but if you look at the English language (which the rule is written in), the meaning of the rule should be obvious.

Thus, Aegus was right., but it should not need changing

Second, the rule states:
  • No breaking breakables.
    You are not allowed to break breakables that lead to or activate off-limit areas such as alternate routes out of the cells, the armoury, or the prison's main, round-ending exit.
Doesn't say break-ing in the sub-context. I take it literally. Plus, If it's during a round you obviously kill a red who is breaking a breakable because they are usually delaying or not with the non-rebelling reds / warden. It's when there's a freeday and I'm walking around; I decide to hit a random wall and get killed for it because I allegedly was "breaking a breakable". You should have to completely break the breakable to be KOS, and the breakables have to lead away from reds or into armory (meaning breaking glass in minecraft map is allowed unless warden states otherwise). If anything has to be done, it should be clarifying the rule to state whether hitting breakables is KOS, because it does not state hitting.

and @Jim I don't create rules. Never had, I mostly just picked them up from regulars and I just copy-paste AFTER I ask other admins if it sounds fine. No idea why people are playing the blame game without proof.

@hey ya gey for the hey

Last edited:

fishy

Mildly Menacing
it says breaking in the rule title but break in the sub-context so it really obviously needs to be clarified

break is a weird-ass word if you stare at it for too long (especially with suffixes)

Doctor Hexmask

Wicked Nasty

Hexmask

I'm thonking hard at this point, maybe we should summon the god bene
No need, I think everything the admins have said is enough clarity to realize that hitting it does not mean breaking so they would not be kos for hitting it once. As you know @Aegeus Dusk I was there last night when you killed paragon for hitting it, not breaking it.

EDIT:I don't think we should make it where if you hit it your KOS. +1 for keeping things how they are?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2049

No need, I think everything the admins have said is enough clarity to realize that hitting it does not mean breaking so they would not be kos for hitting it once. As you know @Aegeus Dusk I was there last night when you killed paragon for hitting it, not breaking it.
Of course, we were in a call. I said that because some admins think that its wrong and some admins think its right

Paragon

Foster The People
I'm thonking hard at this point, maybe we should summon the god bene
The biggest problem i see if it becomes "hitting it is kos". Does that mean everyone who its it is kos? How do you know a blue is going to be honest with killing a red for hitting a breakable? Anyone can walk up to a cell that has one red and a breakable and kill them even if they didnt hit it and say they hit it, there is no proof he didnt hit it or did hit it. Another problem is if a red is hitting the wall next to it how do you know he isnt tricking you to have you freekill him? The breakable breaking is proof that someone is rebelling or doing something they shouldnt.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
The biggest problem i see if it becomes "hitting it is kos". Does that mean everyone who its it is kos? How do you know a blue is going to be honest with killing a red for hitting a breakable? Anyone can walk up to a cell that has one red and a breakable and kill them even if they didnt hit it and say they hit it, there is no proof he didnt hit it or did hit it. Another problem is if a red is hitting the wall next to it how do you know he isnt tricking you to have you freekill him? The breakable breaking is proof that someone is rebelling or doing something they shouldnt.
For a LOT of things, you can't give proof...
If a red decided to break a breakable and a blue claims it was someone else than the person that actually did it, that blue does not have proof for that.
If the red that was killed recorded it, there was proof against the actual blue.

Doesn't say break-ing in the sub-context. I take it literally. Plus, If it's during a round you obviously kill a red who is breaking a breakable because they are usually delaying or not with the non-rebelling reds / warden. It's when there's a freeday and I'm walking around; I decide to hit a random wall and get killed for it because I allegedly was "breaking a breakable". You should have to completely break the breakable to be KOS, and the breakables have to lead away from reds or into armory (meaning breaking glass in minecraft map is allowed unless warden states otherwise). If anything has to be done, it should be clarifying the rule to state whether hitting breakables is KOS, because it does not state hitting.
The TITLE of the rule is the actual rule, the sub-context is a quick explanation of the rule.
This sub-context does not contradict the actual rule, it just gives more information but fails to say that breaking is also KOS.
This rule has not been changed for a long time, and the rule has always been that you can not hit breakables.
It used to be, that you could not hit breakables that went to a "blue" area but was changed to that you just can not hit breakables at all.

Never had, I mostly just picked them up from regulars and I just copy-paste AFTER I ask other admins if it sounds fine. No idea why people are playing the blame game without proof.
Regulars fuck up the rules a lot, was always the case, will always be the case. (not always their fault, there are a number of reasons that it can happen)

If people want the rule to be changed, I would suggest adding a poll.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

First, wrong, I never say that. I do that but when I place the new marker, anyone who goes to it is KOS cause original order was to AFK Freeze. If you have evidence of me saying what you said I say, make a report.

You didn't say it, you have slain me for killing those wo went to the marker :D

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
It seems like most people disagree with this suggestion. It will be declined but thank you for it

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom