Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Ban Appeal to DaggerSable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigar Uppercut!

Hi @DaggerSable

I was banned several hours ago by you for "Cheating" when I did not cheat on the Team Fortress 2 map cp_orange_x3_blw on 9/28/23. I played a really good game as a Soldier with a black box and Batllion Backup. I played with Third Person mode which your server supports by typing in TP! in chat.

Truth Nuggets which support I did not cheat:
I didn't even have the highest amount of kills as a soldier on my team when I played. There was a gentleman who was camping in the orange tower with an Australium Rocket launcher and a shotgun on the red team.
I had a high amount of deaths a good portion of which were accidental suicides by rocket launchers.
I gave up around 11:30/Midnight MST because of how hard it was to capture the final point for Blue team.
I got my butt kicked several times as pyro and scout.

Reasons I was playing really well. I consumed a Red Bull and a Celcius combo and I had an afternoon nap meaning I was alert and focused. RTD or Roll the Dice was enabled which I used with great success with no negative rolls. There was a good gaggle of Snipers and soldiers camping and launching rockets from the Center Orange Tower at Blue Spawn distracting my opponents from me.

Lastly, I do not have cheats, as I have no cheats, hacks, mods, or friends helping/affecting me. I did not cheat, I don't currently cheat, and I do not plan to cheat in the future.

Please let me know if this can be corrected promptly as I enjoy playing blackwonder servers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 100231.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 100231.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 77

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
I'm not DaggerSable, so I won't be the one to deliver the verdict on this, but let me note a few things.

Truth Nuggets which support I did not cheat:
I didn't even have the highest amount of kills as a soldier on my team when I played. There was a gentleman who was camping in the orange tower with an Australium Rocket launcher and a shotgun on the red team.
I had a high amount of deaths a good portion of which were accidental suicides by rocket launchers.
I gave up around 11:30/Midnight MST because of how hard it was to capture the final point for Blue team.
I got my butt kicked several times as pyro and scout.
-Your kills compared to your teammates is irrelevant
-Your death count, especially one that's been inflated by accidental suicides and from playing a "weak" class, is also irrelevant
"Weak" as in: pyro is not a very oppressive class on cp_orange due to its lack of range compared to other classes; Expect to have a lot deaths, regardless of whether or not you're cheating.

In general, your additions don't necessarily hurt your appeal, but they don't do much to help it either.
Should you need to appeal anytime in the future, please try to follow the standard format we've provided

DaggerSable

Bodyshot Machine
Staff Member
Admin
I have provided the staff with the relevant clips, but I'll post your two most blatant ones here.

In your first clip, you send an invisible spy flying with a rocket. He lands behind you, and is out of blink by the time you turn around. You then proceed to shoot directly at him. I'll admit, while it's possible that you can attribute this to luck or incredible game sense helped by your healthy snack and power nap, your second clip is blatant.

This spy, who believed you were cheating, went Cloak and Dagger to remain invisible the whole time. Rather than going directly to your normal spot you were shooting from the whole game, right outside Blu's base, you started taking shots at him across the map. You then keep looking at him through the wall.

I will be gathering the opinions of other staff members regarding your gameplay. Until they've given their input, please be patient while the clips are reviewed.

Attachments

• Tig_1.mp4
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Tig_3.mp4
    85.3 MB · Views: 0

Tigar Uppercut!

Hi Dagger Sable, I recall the first clip. I was playing in Third Person Mode as enabled by the server and I had that mode enabled for both clips:

In Orange levels, I play in Third Person because it allows me to peek around corners which can be achieved by typing tp! in chat.

In the first clip, When I Hit the Blue-Cloaked Spy with my rocket he briefly unclocked as was Semi-Transparent and I saw him fly in the direction of the 2nd blue spawn. I made a calculated guestimation of where he would land. As evident by the second clip; there are numerous instances in which I'm literally firing at nothing. I have attached 2 Images that indicate the sheer distance the Blue Cloacked running spy was from me which is meer feet.
I have 100+ hours of my life playing solider in TF2 and I still both kick butt and get my butt kicked.

At 0:46 seconds in the 2nd video clip, although I was facing the direction of a spy, my target was Norm the Pyro which if you recreate the same position and view in 3rd person, you would see that it's evident that I am staring at Norm for the purposes of being shielded by gunfire/projectiles and for the purposes of surprising unsuspecting Blus because of my mastery of the Third Person View. Playing in 3rd Person with a Black Box Soldier is a solid strategy in crit servers as the high splash damage of the explosion makes him beefy when shooting/surprising enemies approaching corners hence why I play in 3rd person. It's where I was shooting before and it's the area that farmed me several critical kills throughout that game in the server.

If you review footage of every instance of me approaching the Orange Tower, you will see a common trend of me throwing 3-6 rockets. 3 rockets going into the direction of the wall near the 2nd blue capture point as that's where various snipers like to hide and towards the door into the orange tower as several scouts are known to ambush me. I was successful in this game in the sense that this strategy worked in pushing back Snipers and scouts farming me several kills to my KDA.

Finally, if you look at the complete footage of my gameplay from start to quit, I was backstabbed several times as the spies got the best of me several times. Pay attention to literally how many rockets I fired versus how many missed-CAUSE I SPRAYED AND PRAYED Alot.

In conclusion, I plead innocent, and if you review my entire footage with the consideration of Third Person mode, you'll see my strategy of shooting everything that moves and places where I have killed things that move to be illustrative of my innocence.

Finally, as someone who works in the medical field, I thrive on a high degree of transparency and accountability; if you have special measures in place or accountability tools in mind; I am willing to submit and undergo any method you and your team see fit. So please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 202456.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 202456.png
    793.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-09-29 2025542.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 2025542.png
    781.3 KB · Views: 52

hsuna

Strange
Staff Member

soona

Hey,

I just wanted to give my thoughts as a frequent orange player.

First clip is more than plausible as legit due to a couple of reasons. Critical attacks cause lingering text above any enemy opponents, letting you track the spy and fire your shot to kill him; you hear the stealth noise, shoot as a reaction to peeking, and track him as he ultimately crouches standing still, giving you an easy kill. Moreover, a shot like that is quite easy to predict and randomly fire in the hopes that you get the spy, as you stated.

At the 0:40 second mark, I don't see anything except the usage of TP to get a glimpse at who is coming. Specifically the pyro comes which results in you shooting and killing him. The rest of your footage revolves around either you standing in the tower and using TP to fire rockets when you see enemies, or shooting projectiles into spawn, which one could argue you have already paid the punishment for.

All in all, I do not believe you are cheating in any form from what was presented, and simply using in game commands to gain a legal advantage in your gameplay.

#freetigaruppercut

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Inconclusive evidence to keep you banned for cheating, but the ban will be reinstated if you are caught using exploits in the future.

Your last two paragraphs appear to have been AI-generated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom