Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Am_Seal ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello, I smell tags.

I was on under an alias upon request from a different player on the server. I wrote down the rules being broken during the session, then issued all the punishments at the same time, which is why both accounts on this IP were banned simultaneously. They were not IP bans. I don't believe for a single second that your mass freekill was an accident, neither was the multifreekill of the vindicator guy, who, which I can believe, is your brother, which would explain why you were both so brash. I didn't know this at the time, but it certainly makes sense.

Here's what has happened, in chronological order:

• They both freekilled, very likely deliberately. Vindicator only freekilled a few people, unlike seal who torched every single prisoner at once, and so received a shorter punishment.

• Minutes later, another account on this IP comes in and is promptly banned by sourcesleuth. There's no denying it belongs to either seal or vindicator, and also no proof of which of them it is. This places a ban on their shared IP for twice the length of the longest ban which belonged to seal. Now it's two weeks.

• Vindicator connects after his personal ban would have expired, had nobody created an alt. Sourcesleuth finds another account on the same IP already banned, namely seal, whose ban has not yet expired. Sourcesleuth bans vindicator for two weeks for evading a 1-week punishment.

• Seal connects for the final time. His ban would have worn off too by this time, had of course nobody made an alt. Sourcesleuth finds two other accounts on the same IP already banned, namely vindicator and careme, whose new, doubled bans for evading punishment had not yet worn off. Sourcesleuth bans seal for 4 weeks for evading a 2-week punishment.

The fairest solution is to let both accounts suffer the 2-week ban issued by sourcesleuth, starting at the time the alt account was banned.

Oddly fortunate for you, this ban would have happened to expire... today. Both accounts have been unbanned. Technically the third as well, though I'd advise against using it ever again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom