Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Allow engineers to always have 150hp regardless of any melee, except eureka effect in Medics V. Engies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I just wanted to say that only having gunslinger was the only primary source of getting high enough hp was cheap meaning you always have to have it on, other servers don't make it like this so can y'all please let any engineer melee let you have 150 hp except eureka effect.

audiality

Strange
to be honest, i kind of disagree with this. because medic vs engies already removes the main point of having a mini sentry, but making it so you regularly have 150 hp which was the gunslingers other perk just removes it whole purpose entirely. your not going to go ahead and melee a medic so the 3 consecutive hits crit thing makes it more useless than it would be if you just made it so you regularly have 150 hp. i know this reply is late but i was just reading forums since i made my account today and im just letting ya know my opinion on this.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
to be honest, i kind of disagree with this. because medic vs engies already removes the main point of having a mini sentry, but making it so you regularly have 150 hp which was the gunslingers other perk just removes it whole purpose entirely. your not going to go ahead and melee a medic so the 3 consecutive hits crit thing makes it more useless than it would be if you just made it so you regularly have 150 hp. i know this reply is late but i was just reading forums since i made my account today and im just letting ya know my opinion on this.
Thing is, random crits are disabled on the server afaik. The gunslinger's crit on third swing ability is the only way to melee crit in the mode, add the fact that it can taunt kill and it would still be a respectable weapon even if the extra HP was given to other wrenches.

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I
Never really said anything about minis tho, I just really wanted to use other wrenches other than gunslinger, southern is my favorite it annoys that I can just get 2 shot instead of 3 shot doe.

audiality

Strange
yeah but in every medic v engie server engies cant build sentries which is why i made that point

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I know you can't build sentries, I just wanted engineers to always have 150hp except for using eureka effect.

Skaldas

Thing is, random crits are disabled on the server afaik. The gunslinger's crit on third swing ability is the only way to melee crit in the mode, add the fact that it can taunt kill and it would still be a respectable weapon even if the extra HP was given to other wrenches.

Hi,

I doubt either of you know me as I recently started playing here. I'd like to point out that I'm strongly in favor of engineers default HP being set to 150. I'm seeing a lot of talk about sentries and I'm surprised to see how we're all missing one crucial aspect of the game: Medic Leaps. Nobody realizes this, but adding an extra 25+ HP to your engineer makes a huge difference in your survivability. A well performed medic leap can quite easily one shot engineers set to 125 HP. Engineers set to 150 HP will require a second hit to be killed after medic leap. It is a small, well balanced, and greatly significant change that shouldn't need a poll.

Equipping gunslinger for your extra +25 HP is not only the "meta" strat but also an absolute necessity. No other melee weapon in the gamemode right now provides enough of an advantage that's deserving of consideration. By setting the HP to 150 it will enable Blackwonder to also experiment with engineer and medic loadouts alike to provide gameplay based on situational builds and strategy. Please, please, please! Let's make this happen!

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
Hi,

I doubt either of you know me as I recently started playing here. I'd like to point out that I'm strongly in favor of engineers default HP being set to 150. I'm seeing a lot of talk about sentries and I'm surprised to see how we're all missing one crucial aspect of the game: Medic Leaps. Nobody realizes this, but adding an extra 25+ HP to your engineer makes a huge difference in your survivability. A well performed medic leap can quite easily one shot engineers set to 125 HP. Engineers set to 150 HP will require a second hit to be killed after medic leap. It is a small, well balanced, and greatly significant change that shouldn't need a poll.

Equipping gunslinger for your extra +25 HP is not only the "meta" strat but also an absolute necessity. No other melee weapon in the gamemode right now provides enough of an advantage that's deserving of consideration. By setting the HP to 150 it will enable Blackwonder to also experiment with engineer and medic loadouts alike to provide gameplay based on situational builds and strategy. Please, please, please! Let's make this happen!
Sorry but none of these bozos really realize this, including myself sort of, I really don't constantly want to use gunslinger really I prefer the southern for melee combat considering it's basically an upgrading stock, 7 players voted no and I think nobody would vote for yes.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Sorry but none of these bozos really realize this, including myself sort of, I really don't constantly want to use gunslinger really I prefer the southern for melee combat considering it's basically an upgrading stock, 7 players voted no and I think nobody would vote for yes.
I believe getting health for using the gunslinger is fair, and that the feature shouldn't be revoked and moved to a general buff. You'd be getting a gunslinger buff along with whatever utility another wrench gives.

Skaldas

I believe getting health for using the gunslinger is fair, and that the feature shouldn't be revoked and moved to a general buff. You'd be getting a gunslinger buff along with whatever utility another wrench gives.

I see the point you're making. I don't know if you read what I wrote, given I wasn't quoted, but my general argument is that the +25 HP is such a basic necessity in survivability (remember medic leap damage) for an engineer that it /should/ be moved to a general buff. So that we can find better purposes for each of the weapons in the engineer loadout. As it stands, unless you can correct me, the following weapons have absolutely little to zero practical use:

- The Jag > Build time isn't fast enough with enough players and is worthless on small maps.
- The Southern Hospitality > Bleed damage is pointless against a swarm.
- Default Wrench > It's default.
- Wrangler > It does nothing
- The Frontier Justice > 3 shots for crits you don't even receive.
- The Pomson 6000 > Only practical use that I could maybe see is infinite ammo. Rescue Ranger is the obvious better pick.

To my understanding, the weapons I listed above have absolutely zero practical usage. Taking that into account the standard meta would go along these possible loadouts ranked from best to worst:

- Widowmaker > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Stock Shotgun > Short Circuit > Gunslinger
- Stock Shotgun > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Panic Attack > Short Circuit > Gunslinger
- Panic Attack > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Rescue Ranger > Short Circuit > Gunslinger
- Rescue Ranger > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Widowmaker > Pistol > Eureka
- Stock Shotgun > Short Circuit > Eureka
- Stock Shotgun > Pistol > Eureka
- Panic Attack > Short Circuit > Eureka
- Panic Attack > Pistol > Eureka
- Rescue Ranger > Short Circuit > Eureka
- Rescue Ranger > Pistol > Eureka

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I see the point you're making. I don't know if you read what I wrote, given I wasn't quoted, but my general argument is that the +25 HP is such a basic necessity in survivability (remember medic leap damage) for an engineer that it /should/ be moved to a general buff. So that we can find better purposes for each of the weapons in the engineer loadout. As it stands, unless you can correct me, the following weapons have absolutely little to zero practical use:

- The Jag > Build time isn't fast enough with enough players and is worthless on small maps.
- The Southern Hospitality > Bleed damage is pointless against a swarm.
- Default Wrench > It's default.
- Wrangler > It does nothing
- The Frontier Justice > 3 shots for crits you don't even receive.
- The Pomson 6000 > Only practical use that I could maybe see is infinite ammo. Rescue Ranger is the obvious better pick.

To my understanding, the weapons I listed above have absolutely zero practical usage. Taking that into account the standard meta would go along these possible loadouts ranked from best to worst:

- Widowmaker > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Stock Shotgun > Short Circuit > Gunslinger
- Stock Shotgun > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Panic Attack > Short Circuit > Gunslinger
- Panic Attack > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Rescue Ranger > Short Circuit > Gunslinger
- Rescue Ranger > Pistol > Gunslinger
- Widowmaker > Pistol > Eureka
- Stock Shotgun > Short Circuit > Eureka
- Stock Shotgun > Pistol > Eureka
- Panic Attack > Short Circuit > Eureka
- Panic Attack > Pistol > Eureka
- Rescue Ranger > Short Circuit > Eureka
- Rescue Ranger > Pistol > Eureka

The meta is really damn stale at this point, giving 150hp base up would not only help newer players, just people who don't have it in general have a big unfair advantage since meds need to be 3 shot, not 2 shot, so gunslinger to too much of a nessesity, so really a poll isn't needed considering this should've been a standard feature in the first place, and a lot of the ''no'' part of the poll are basically people who didn't read the title and supposed it was for something else.

Skaldas

The meta is really damn stale at this point, giving 150hp base up would not only help newer players, just people who don't have it in general have a big unfair advantage since meds need to be 3 shot, not 2 shot, so gunslinger to too much of a nessesity, so really a poll isn't needed considering this should've been a standard feature in the first place, and a lot of the ''no'' part of the poll are basically people who didn't read the title and supposed it was for something else.

I don't think it's fair to make assumptions over a disagreement. It's healthier and better to look at it simply as that. A disagreement. I wish more people who voted no would voice their opinions more on this discussion, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom