Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Wanka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Member Name Wanka

Name Kofi

Contact Information

Your Age 16

Location London, England (UTC)

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:142911665

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes.

If Yes, which ones? All UK Bibihotz servers, but I bought the admin powers when I was passionate about the servers and when they weren't deader than a doorknob. Still occasionally go on to check for unruly blokes.

Why do you want to become an admin? I want to become an admin for a generic reason which is "to improve the community" by representing as a staff member, but I also want to help guide new players with little knowledge of the gamemode/server they're on, keep servers clean of toxicity when other staff members aren't available and generally try and improve the player experience by helping any way I can

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Maimix
Grizzly
Lucas
Ben289
Mother Russia
Viking34

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. Monday - Friday: 3:45PM - 9PM/Saturday - Sunday: 11AM - 8:30PM. Subject to minor change due to school issues.

On what servers do you usually play? Blackwonder | Jailbreak (176.57.142.90:27050)
Rarely on other JB maps but pop into DR for like 3 minutes ever million years.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. Forum activity is lacking and I am fully aware of that, which is why I tried to hold off making an admin app.
I occasionally raise my voice when there's a squabble on mic chat.
I have mild aspergers syndrome (form of autism) if that means anything.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
Hacker:
Ponder why the console didn't spot them, proceed to spectate them (maybe under a different name) to gather demo evidence, then permanent ban them.
(EDITED)
Chat spammer: One warning, then a 15 - 30 minute gag depending on spam.
Mic spammer: Mute for a minute to address warning. If continued, 15 - 30 minute mute.
Simple rulebreaker (i.e. freekiller on JB): Kindly ask to slay themselves. Neglect to slay will result in a personal smitting. Repeat offenders teambanned for set amount of time depending on rules broken.
Greifer: One warning. If persistent, slain. Continued griefing results in a teamban for 30 minutes.
Advertising hacks: Permanent comm block.
If you have any questions about scenarios I didn't bring up, please address them in the comments and I will reply as best I can.

Last edited:

Wolfi

Truly Feared
I didn't have much time while writing this that's why it's short but I wanted to give my +support because you have a good knowledge of the rules and you are a very friendly guy in-game the only problem is your forum activety is lacking.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, lets talk about your app. "Usually play" means that you are quite active on that specific server. So saying deathrun isn't really a server you usually play on then? The reason you want to become an admin is generic, like you said... so why put it? Surely you should be bringing something new to the table? Applications are meant to show the positive side of you, so why list a con? Maybe if you know this is an issue, why not fix it before applying? Applications take quite a long time to get sorted by Bene, so it's not like you are in a rush...

Pros:
- Active in Jailbreak.
- Good knowledge of the rules.
- Friendly.
- Active on Discord and Forums

Overall it's a fairly good application, but for me to give you a +support I need those cons sorted out. But for now I will stay +Support.

Last edited:

Zod

Unremarkable

zod.

100% +support knows rules, not bias with donor votes and is very friendly there is lots more but i can't think of them of the top of my head :p hope you get accepted.

Eric61485

Spectacularly Lethal

Kyde

Pros:
+ Good knowledge of the rules
+ Active on JB
+ Friendly & kind
+ Has a mic, and always speaks very clearly

Cons:
- Lack of activity on the forums
- Doesn't have discord (Or doesn't use it)

I gotta agree with @Ben289, you should be more active on the forums and use Discord (people more frequently ask for help there). I'll stay Neutral for now, but I am leading towards +support.

Last edited:

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

w00t finally you applied!

Wanka, I feel like you're fit for the rank of admin, you never break a rule, and even tell people the rules if they do not understand them.
You're a mature guy, and I feel like you could really be a big help

Though, you should have done more to your activity on the forums and Discord before applying.
Nonetheless, I'm still gonna give you my +support <3

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for pointing out what I need to improve on. I nearly forgot Discord was a thing because of how little I use it, but I'll keep trying my best to stay active on the server and forums, and start using Discord more.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
Pros:
Knows all the rules and happy to help people.
Very active usually.
Calm and mature.
known by multiple admins and other players.

Cons:
Needs to use forums/discord more.
Some punishments seem a little tame.

gotta leave an obvious +SUPPORT for good ol' Wanka

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I've played with you multiple times Wanka. You have good knowledge of the rules, you're very active and you know a lot of staff. While I feel the need to express your lack of usage of Discord, I do think you'd be fit for the role of admin. But it's unfair that you're younger than me and have such a sexy voice so I'm going to have to give you a -Support. +Support from me.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I've played with you multiple times Wanka. You have good knowledge of the rules, you're very active and you know a lot of staff. While I feel the need to express your lack of usage of Discord, I do think you'd be fit for the role of admin. But it's unfair that you're younger than me and have such a sexy voice so I'm going to have to give you a -Support. +Support from me.
Thanks. I'm trying to be more active on discord right now but I'm the type of guy that doesn't really like to open his yapper unless something interests him.
I've posted a few "hawt maymees xd" but that's about it. As I said, Imma try my best to improve on the flaws as I am almost fully aware of them. Thanks for the support ily2

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I think Wanka could be a great asset for the jailbreak servers.

If I remember correctly, there used to be minor issues with interpretation of the rules, but over time I think he's gotten a great understanding of the most recent set and can convey them onwards in a good manner. Is incredibly active, and while his timezone and available times are not necessarily the ones in the highest demand, he more than makes up for it in sheer activity and jailbreak server experience alone, even surpassing most admins in our most active days.

To you, this - coupled with the fact that you 'only' play jailbreak - would put you as the figure of authority over stretches of time when nobody else is online to consult, would this be fine? Currently I feel your policies are all too lenient, but of course over time you'll discover what works by yourself.

Yep, all seems good. I appreciate you as a player and potential staff member - hit me up if you'd like some insight as to what tools we use and perhaps even an inauguration if it comes to that :love:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Ah shucks <3

Yeah, I've been told that I'm a bit of a softy and I will intend to work on that if I end up becoming an admin. Any tips and pointers on which punishments are too lenient would be much appreciated!

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I don't see any problems with the punishments. You'll learn quickly as an admin who and what for howlong punishments have to be. But for hackers, you didn't mention recording a demo, that's still needed if they would come to appeal that we can proof you did a justified ban.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

But for hackers, you didn't mention recording a demo, that's still needed if they would come to appeal that we can proof you did a justified ban.
I kinda understand that, actually. I'll keep that in mind.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

I've seen you in-game on occasion and you seem to know the rules well, however you have little to no activity on the forums. (Discord isn't a must, but it is where all the fun's at.) Also you keep mentioning admin apps on your profile, which suggests impatience. Try to avoid that. So, with all that said, I'll be staying NEUTRAL for now. Best of luck.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Also you keep mentioning admin apps on your profile, which suggests impatience. Try to avoid that.
Truth be told, I'm not the most patient person in the world (I mean I'm just an arrogant teenager, of course). I'm just excited with all the positive feedback the app has gotten, and as I said, I've been reviewing old declined applications to see why they failed and how I can avoid them.

I find them amusing because some of the apps are hilariously unpolished it's a guilty pleasure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Truth be told, I'm not the most patient person in the world (I mean I'm just an arrogant teenager, of course). I'm just excited with all the positive feedback the app has gotten, and as I said, I've been reviewing old declined applications to see why they failed and how I can avoid them.

I find them amusing because some of the apps are hilariously unpolished it's a guilty pleasure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You're brutally honest; I absolutely adore that.
However, you did seem a bit condescending then you said, "I find them amusing because some of the apps are hilariously unpolished it's a guilty pleasure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯." Also, patience is key in a position of power.
Still, you seem to be self-aware and honest, so that's always good. :^)

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

However, you did seem a bit condescending then you said, "I find them amusing because some of the apps are hilariously unpolished it's a guilty pleasure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯." Also, patience is key in a position of power.
excuse my late reply I am indeed terrible at thinking of responses sometimes
I do tend to be quite an annoying twit sometimes (case in point when I was talking about finding admin apps amusing) and I do intend to work on this flaw because who would want an annoying egotistical person in power?
Thanks for pointing that out. Imma try and think before I speak next time (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom