Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Toasty Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Based on what he says himself and what people say about him, he seems all right.

However, I've seen him in-game once (jailbreak). He got a freeday very early on, but stayed on blue team, in which a bug makes him completely invincible for the rest of the map time. He's completely aware of this, but it doesn't stop him from waiting until all other blues are dead and then killing people with impunity.

People tell him he's invincible and should stop killing them, he responds with "yeah, but it doesn't stop me from being last guard".

Here's a quick example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqr44ml53h53l80/again.dem?dl=0

Talks derogatively a lot, isn't particularly friendly in this footage. In the end you can see him claiming to know all the rules, especially the part where it doesn't say that you cannot use exploits to be invincible for several rounds in a row and use this to farm points. That's the logic he says he uses. (Still breaks the rule against favouring, but that's trivial compared to the rest)

He goes to grab dinner, but still doesn't leave the server, as that would remove his precious invincibility. Instead he sits afk (and completely unkillable) in spawn for several rounds, halting the entire server for about half an hour until a donator finally came along and called a vote.

Very brief footage of this, near the end of the afk period: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b24nr10t6xaypgv/lynn.dem?dl=0

Not a person I want to see managing any server I play on.

EDIT: Magically became active the moment he applied, with no previous posts whatsoever

Based on the demos provided, I will have to decline this application. Exploiting is against the rules on any normal server. It's not specified in any of ours but common sense should cover it. The invincibility makes playing on the servers less enjoyable for everyone and staying AFK while being in that state was pretty rude towards other players, who would like to enjoy the game normally.

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

Member Name Toasty Ghost/Lynn

Name Conor

Contact Information

Your Age 14

Location Newcastle UK

Your SteamID STEAM_0:1:113841588

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? No

If Yes, which ones? None

Why do you want to become an admin? I would like to become an admin as i am a big fan of the black wonder community and there is alot of times where rules are being broken but there is no admin online and all i can do is request one to join and hope for the best.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Burdarcher1,Arcalium,NotNotchSilly,ThePianoFighter,Darth Blade

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I am normally playing on weekdays between 4pm and 10pm GMT and weekdays as often as possible / 9am until 10 pm latest

On what servers do you usually play? Jailbreak and trade servers i frequently play on

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I can be easily disturbed by spam when i am set to "away" and i have a particular disliking towards people who disrespect other users

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Hacker-Once enough evidence is provided permanently banned spammer- warning -final warning 10 min mute 1 hour mute kick 1 hour ban- simple rule breaker- warning - final warning - slay - kick 10 min ban 1 hour ban -24 hour ban - 1 week ban
Based on the demos provided, I will have to decline this application. Exploiting is against the rules on any normal server. It's not specified in any of ours but common sense should cover it. The invincibility makes playing on the servers less enjoyable for everyone and staying AFK while being in that state was pretty rude towards other players, who would like to enjoy the game normally.
Really one negative comment got Me denied?

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

Common sense says don't accept hackers as staff

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

I would appreciate a second chance at my app as i belive receiving one bad comment is hardly something to deny me for

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

If it is not a rule you cannot punish somebody for doing it

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Let's face it, that's not the only reason you were declined. The above crying also makes it evident that it was the right decision.

Rule or not, why on earth would you abuse a flaw in the plugin and think it's okay? That right there, would be common sense.

It's more like common dense around here.

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

Let's face it, that's not the only reason you were declined. The above crying also makes it evident that it was the right decision.

Rule or not, why on earth would you abuse a flaw in the plugin and think it's okay? That right there, would be common sense.

It's more like common dense around here.
Looking back on that application you can clearly see, somebody who would throw a tantrum so to speak will not make a good staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom