Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Taxi-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

Member Name Taxi-Man

Name Luke Stokes

Contact Information http://steamcommunity.com/id/TaxiMann

Your Age 14

Location Texas, USA

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:113451375

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? AOAG- TF2 Zombie server
????- I was a mod on a Gmod server and I can't find the name of. Sorry I've looked.

Why do you want to become an admin? I mainly play JB and there's that running saying, "We always need more US JB admins." Since Amy resigned I haven't seen a single admin in JB. I've also spent the last month as a donor so I understand what having powers in the servers feel like. I also get calls from people I've added in JB asking for help, I guess its the lack of JB admins so they resort to the donors but I could be wrong.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Viking
Bene
Ben289

(Even the people listed above I haven't talked to a great deal but I didn't know whether I should say I know any staff or not.)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. Saturday (8:00am-2:00am) Sunday (8:00-9:00pm) I made a post why this is god awful now.

On what servers do you usually play? NY Jailbreak
NY Surf
LA Jailbreak
EU Payload (C'mon guys lets revive this server :D)

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I am a basketball player and my team is pretty good so my play times might not be 100% accurate because of practices lasting longer, games, ect. I'm very coachable and I am open to criticism from anyone at anytime if I'm doing something wrong/dumb. I am usually a nice and calm person and when I'm in a bad mood I just don't play JB cause it usually makes it worst so I surf instead.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Hacker- Perma ban, they know what they signed up for when they clicked the download button in lmaobox.

Mic/Chat Spammer- Start with a fair warning but if it continues I will issue a 30 minute mute/gag. If it continues after the first offence I will increase it by 30 minutes each time I mute/gag.

Freekill- I will ask the person to slay him/herself if they refuse I will slay them myself. If they continue I will issue a 1-3 hour guard ban on them. If they haven't read the rules to understand what counts as a freekill (ex. baiting) then they don't need to be on blue in the first place.

Mass Freekill- I will instantly give a week guard ban. They understand what they are doing and need to be punished.

Delayer- I will ask them to stop delaying and advance the round. If they are stubborn and refuse I will slay them.

Griefing- I will slay them. They are making the game not fun for the whole server. They think its funny that they just ruined a minigame but it really just ends in delay.

Illegal ff- Will be asked to turn it off but if a RED dies from it then I will slay the warden. If the person has to wait a round because of the warden then its fair the warren should sit a round out also.

Not willing to go warden- That's when I'll do a mic check. If most/all the BLUS have a mic then I will force someone at random to go warden. If they unwarden then I will issue a 3 hour guard ban.

If anyone is upset over getting punished then I will direct them to the rule list.

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Alright, let's review this thing.

Right off the bat, I love how open you are about your schedule. I just wish you'd include a time zone though. Your "useful info" area contains some really valuable info, but I was worried when I read about you surfing to cool off. Things can heat up rather quickly and the last thing the server would need is an admin leaving the server when most needed. You should probably add to that (relevant info only please), more info is always nice. I'm not sure I liked how you haven't been active for a few days, come and make a couple of posts today, and then apply. Forum inconsistency looks a bit unprofessional. I suppose I'll hold my judgement until I read feedback from people who know you.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

I guess I didn't clarify good enough when I was talking about when I'm mad. I mean prior to even getting on my pc (ex. basketball went downhill, lil sis making me mad ect.) If I get mad WHEN im in JB then I just suck it up its JB it happens you get mad, deal with it. And with the inactivity thing I can put that on basketball. I've had little to no time Wends-Fri to post on the forums because i spent all my little free time cleaning up and finishing this app. I didnt want to apply with a rushed half done app because I didnt have time to do it Wends. Hope this cleared up your questions, and thanks for the feedback!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Your history is free of bans and nearly free of comm blocks

You actually added something about yourself that does not involve a computer.

There are a couple of things you wouldn't have any way of knowing such as teambans not currently working when a server changes, which prevents a week long guard ban. But that is me just looking for something to critique.

I think the punishments on these applications should only be used to just your basic understanding of what is expected from the admins. If you lined up Viking, Sak, (Whatever Maimix's current name is) Ben and I, we might all give slightly different bans to the same person, depending on our perspective of the situation, and the player's history.

B̶a̶r̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶i̶n̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶n̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶e̶e̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶+̶S̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶

It appears as though I did miss something -SUPPORT

Last edited:

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

I just wish you'd include a time zone though.

In my logic I thought that putting that I lived in Texas was pretty much the same thing just in a different spot. I'm in the Central Time Zone if you would still like that information (This sounds like i'm being mean and that's not what I meant to come across, I was just saying my reasoning for not including the time zone straight out)

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
In my logic I thought that putting that I lived in Texas was pretty much the same thing just in a different spot. I'm in the Central Time Zone if you would still like that information (This sounds like i'm being mean and that's not what I meant to come across, I was just saying my reasoning for not including the time zone straight out)
Yeah, fair point.

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
I mainly play JB and there's that running saying, "We always need more US JB admins." Since Amy resigned I haven't seen a single admin in JB. I've also spent the last month as a donor so I understand what having powers in the servers feel like. I also get calls from people I've added in JB asking for help, I guess its the lack of JB admins so they resort to the donors but I could be wrong.
So, why do you want to become an admin?
Hacker- Perma ban, they know what they signed up for when they clicked the download button in lmaobox.
You should record a demo file to back up your accusations.
A small amount of grammatical errors but no big deal. +support

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Fairly Young (14) Haven't seen you active, not active in discord nor the forums as stated below I'll wait on my opinion.
Neutral

Alright, let's review this thing.

Right off the bat, I love how open you are about your schedule. I just wish you'd include a time zone, though. Your "useful info" area contains some really valuable info, but I was worried when I read about you surfing to cool off. Things can heat up rather quickly and the last thing the server would need is an admin leaving the server when most needed. You should probably add to that (relevant info only please), more info is always nice. I'm not sure I liked how you haven't been active for a few days, come and make a couple of posts today, and then apply. Forum inconsistency looks a bit unprofessional. I suppose I'll hold my judgment until I read feedback from people who know you.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Fairly Young (14) Haven't seen you active, not active in discord nor the forums as stated below i'll wait on my opinion.
Deciding
To be fair, he did submit a suggestion for a rule change that was approved, which tells me that he understands how things could flow better. This also tells me that he understands the concept, and has taken a proactive role in trying to make it better. I do wish he had files some reports. There are people who had applied, who have posted on fewer threads.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

I do wish he had files some reports.

I did this before I became donor. I guess since I had powers of my own I would just punish the person on the spot instead of filing a report. I guess I should have continued reporting the wrong doers on top of punishing them. Thanks for the feedback.

lg4dcv

Mildly Menacing

UwU

Taxi is good man, Good man become better man, better man become powerful man, powerful man become greatest man

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, first of all your application is fairly average. The only thing I can really think you did a good job on is your times available and your punishments. So well done for that, most people think they aren't important, but they are.

Next I know this was over a month ago, but can I ask why you weren't active just after your application was denied? You just disappeared for over a month... Was this because your application was denied? It doesn't look to good.

Anyway, onto the pros and cons.

Pros:
- Fairly good application.
- Knows me <3
- Well written application.
- Active in Jailbreak.
- Active is fairly good.

Cons:
- Was missing for quite some time.
- Previous application has been declined. Seems to have took the criticism and worked on it.
- A "meh" reason for applying. We will always need more Jailbreak admins...

Overall I am leaning towards +support but I will be staying neutral for now.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

Next I know this was over a month ago, but can I ask why you weren't active just after your application was denied? You just disappeared for over a month... Was this because your application was denied? It doesn't look to good.
It might look like it was because my app was denied but actually because family got in the way of gaming a little. I was still able to play from time to time but I mainly just wanted to get as much time playing as possible. I could see where that is concerning and I really am sorry. I should have posted on the forums to say something like "Family is getting in the way from gaming and all the time that I have off I'm cramming in my favorite game." I was also very new to the forums and shouldn't have applied that early so I didn't think anyone cared about me. I've come to know that the forums and the people in it are amazing and supportive. So yea sorry bout that.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Seems to have took the criticism and worked on it.
*gasp* That fiend!

Anyway, not sure about this application. I don't think I've seen you in game because you're in NA, which I'd like to before I decide. I'll go neutral for now. Good luck!

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Absolutely not.

-support

36676af8647228bb2b30d63b07c7e74b.png

2cc0d784d5d46d6224f47bab1d1a2ba0.png

97664abfa0fcc832d3ea2191b4eb2825.png

92c92aaa33ef403d17645ec3552cc0bc.png

56252e1ec3ec3c8f4ed9a10cd53f8907.png

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Well then, after i saw Kat's reply... ooooo boiiiiii dat kat's 2dank4me.

Despite the fact that you might have put some effort into this app... of course in-game you have to try and.. well... NOT say stuff like that.

You may try to defend yourself and say that you were talking to a ""Friend"" or someone you meet or see on a daily bases on the server... but i don't really think that ""
""
Counts as talking to a friend, you just made yourself look like a complete ass.

Overall... Not only you have to be nice to people on the forums, but also in-game... i get that jailbreak is a toxic place, but if you can't handle it and just start insulting n stuff... then i don't think you are ready yet for the admin role in that gamemode.

-Support

Good luck...

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Well then, after i saw Kat's reply... oooh boiiiiii dat kat's 2dank4me.

Despite the fact that you might have put some effort into this app... of course in-game you have to try and.. well... NOT say stuff like that.

You may try to defend yourself and say that you were talking to a ""Friend"" or someone you meet or see on a daily basis on the server... but i don't really think that ""
""
Counts as talking to a friend, you just made yourself look like a complete ass.

Overall... Not only you have to be nice to people on the forums, but also in-game... I get that jailbreak is a toxic place, but if you can't handle it and just start insulting n stuff... then I don't think you are ready yet for the admin role in that game mode.

-Support

Good luck...

As stated above -Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom