Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Taxi-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

Member Name Taxi-Man

Name Taxi-Man, Luke

Contact Information

Your Age 14

Location Texas, U.S.A. (CT)

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:113451375

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? I was a moderator on a Garys Mod JB server about last year that I can't find the name of so I'm sorry about that and a TF2 Zombie server named Ageless Of Areo Gaming (which is now dead).

Why do you want to become an admin? Honestly because when I'm on there are usually more people breaking/unaware of the rules in general. It seems that Blackwonder is slightly short on CT US admins so I think I could help the staff there. When I have to record people to try and make a report by the time i get the demo started they are mostly done with their offence and I have no proof. I feel like I'm helping the rulebreakers by not at least trying to become admin and since I have previous experience having powers in a jailbreak servers and that I'm on so often hence the reason I'm applying now. I really feel that I could make the Blackwonder Jailbreak servers a better place, at least when I'm on.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Miyu
Amy
(For me "knowing" an admin means having them added.)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I play from 5:00 - 9:00 (CT) on most weekdays and on weekends I spend most of my free time in Jailbreak.

On what servers do you usually play? I mainly play on NY and LA jailbreak but sometimes I have went to VSH and Payload.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. Being 14 I'm not really to the stage in school where it requires intense studding and effort, so I play Jailbreak instead of studding. I also believe that in a application you shouldn't only put the positive things about you they employers what to know who they're hiring so I'll use this section for that. My first time on the forums was a lot of false reports since I had no idea how to work TF2's demo function. After @Viking34 helped me with this issue I can now make valid reports so again I give my thanks to you. I have also gotten myself 1-2 mutes/gags and I fully accept them and have learned from them.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? It depends on the rule broken,

Freekilling: This would result in a immediate slay for that's what the player is meant to do. If he continues that will result in a day ban. If its a Mass Freekill then it will result in a 1-3 day ban dependent on how many times this has happened and who many people were killed.

Hacker: Permanent ban they knew what they signed up for when they downloaded the hack.

Spammer: Weather it be chat spam or mic spam i will start with a warning and a 5 minute mute/gag after that if they continue spamming I will issue a 30 minute mute/gag.

Simple Rulebreaker: More that likely I would just slay them, there are very few rules that I can think of of the top of my head that would need harsher punishment than a slay but if someone continued breaking the simple rules than a 15-30 minute ban would be my next step.

Edit 1: Cleaned up some spelling mistakes, wording, and punctuation.

Last edited:

Ice

Enemy of this Community

aaa

Overall this is a good application. You have some moderating background and you are a JB admin which is a definite plus. The application is quite short. I want you to maybe expand on some subjects because its "Generic response #22865926 for 'Why do you want to be an admin?'. ". anyways +support

Cosmo

Mildly Menacing
For the first time, I see nothing too wrong. I strongly feel like giving you a +support.

I'll stay neutral, application seems fine, user tries best to make reports, also seems to ask for help when uncertain. I have a little bit of input to add tomorrow, expect an edit soon. (I'll probably change my opinion in the morning, once I read chatlogs and do research, for now I am on phone)

But I'd like to point out that you have quiet a few spelling errors/typos, if you'd like me to point them out I will. (Ranges from using the complete wrong word to starting and ending a bracket with different brackets) Just feels like a rough draft; needs more attention to small but important detail.

Also poor choices of wording sometimes, but it's nothing that would cause an application to get denied. I just recommend reading and editing your application carefully.

I have a question for personal research, what's the name of the Gmod server you moderated? I'm sure others would also like to know.

P.S you can edit that steamURL, it is a custom URL, and it not your steamID. Here is your steamID STEAM_0:0:113451375
I would expect a person with past as an admin to fully understand what a SteamID is.

Would be nice if you left some information about you as a person, all I can tell right now is you're a human who is 14 and is from Texas, maybe a first name :p?

Just noticed your activity seems to have improved the few days before making this, this is a red flag for me because it looks like you're only being active to gain admin (what it looks like, not saying you did this)

*/EDIT/*
After going through your chat log, at random pages, I see way too many "lenny" related binds.
While I personally do not have a problem with them, I think they are very unprofessional. would be lovely if we could cut down on those, but it's your call.
I couldn't find anything bad, so that's nice.

You seem to have attempted to correct spelling mistakes, that's also a nice step.
I will not be giving a +/- support right now, as I do not have my mind made up. but I have faith in you :)
also for not being able to find the community, did it not have a community tag? an admin tag? I would really like to know, a steam group? anything? any former admins you know? or current ones? I just need a community name.

Here's a couple of mistakes you still have, there are more but I don't feel like reading it a few times.
Also still incorrect steamID,no first name. and no personal information. I really feel like we should know the people before giving them admin, we can't judge someone just by their posts.

Last edited:

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

It's been about 6-7 months since I've played that server and I have searched for it on my Gmod history but can't find it so I can't really supply the name of that server.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Huh, seems like I missed an application... strange.

Well, whatever. Let us rate.

Disclaimer: Since I do now know you ingame, I will only rate you app and everything else around it.

So, to start off: I will stay neutral, but tending towards -Support. Reasons are listed below:

1. Your English. You have edited you app now, but before that, there seem to be some spelling mistakes.
    Cosmo pointed two out. It is good to see that you admitted that you fixed them, but I will still give you a small negative rating for that You fixed you application because you did not write it correctly the first time. That tells me that you did not go over it a second time, or just skimmed it. That earns you a small negative rating. Even now, there are some mistakes in your app, but I will only point out one. I expect you to fix the rest by yourself:
    It is 'whether'. Not'"weather'.
  2. Your activity on the forums. You have been on the forums now for around 2 months. In that time, you have filed 28 reports, 11 of them without evidence. But since most of them are older and the newer reports ARE with evidence, I can forgive that (we will ignore the recent one for now). But that is not the part that worries me. It is that you only started to post on other threads starting last Wednesday (https://blackwonder.tf/threads/get-to-know-more-people.2575/#post-10533 + https://blackwonder.tf/threads/whats-your-dream-unusual-item.2580/#post-10553). Before that, the only other thing you posted here was a thread asking how to shorten demos (https://blackwonder.tf/threads/how-to-make-your-demos-shorter.2074/). That is a red flag for me. You only started to talk about you / introduce you 3 days before you app. That is also a negative rating.
  3. The biggest problem: Your attitude. At least ingame. Just now I went through lots of chatlogs of you and while you do not swear much, it is the binds that needs to be lessened/removed. I have listen them down below. You seem to spam these bind from time to time, and that is definitely a no-go for any admin. It makes you look immature and give the player the feeling tat it is OK to spam Lenny.. which is not the case. If you really strive to become an admin, you need to either remove or drastically lesson those binds. The first bind I listed will be banned from using though. I hope I do not need to explain why. Negative rating.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/ 卐卐卐 The Lenny Natzi Requests A Repeat Now!!! .
  • [deleted due misunderstanding of mine]
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Other than that, your English is understandable, you are familiar with the rules and enforce them (through binds) and you are overall a likeable guy. Your reports are always welcome and you are very active on our server.
I will give you my personal opinion: I do not see you fit for the position of an admin. The problem is mainly your attitude combined with the other reasons I listed above. You act to immature for my liking.
But from a professional point of viewing, I can not say that you are unfit for the position. But I also can not say that you are fit. My decision will mainly depend on the opinion of people who know you a bit better.

Thanks for reading.

K. Thx. Bay.

Malz

Being a smartass might get you denied: "You might try but if they deny, do not cry"

Last edited:

Dawnstar

Spectacularly Lethal

Dawn

Your app is well written,but because I didn't see you in-game,I will stay natural (Untill I get my new pc and see you in-game)

Dawnstar

Spectacularly Lethal

Dawn

Thanks for pointing out the mistake

So... here's the correct version

Your app is well written,but because I didn't see you in-game,I'll stay neutral until I meet you in-game.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Thanks for pointing out the mistake

So... here's the correct version

Your app is well written, but because I didn't see you in-game, I'll stay neutral until I meet you in-game.

Good job! That came out really natura!
It must be your second nature!
Nature must have blessed you with these abilities!
Sorry, I'll stop now.

P.s: It's funny to see some admins (in that case @Sakuya Izayoi and @MiyukiMouse ) are willing to point out a spelling mistake in an admin app, but won't rate on the app itself c: But I'd still understand if they say they have nothing to add.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Sorry, I'll stop now.

P.s: It's funny to see some admins (in that case @Sakuya Izayoi and @MiyukiMouse ) are willing to point out a spelling mistake in an admin app, but won't rate on the app itself c: But I'd still understand if they say they have nothing to add.
We reply from now on after a while so we can watch over on how they behave.
I'll leave a reply when I made the summary of everything and leave my findings here.

Sakuya

Trickster
Sorry, I'll stop now.

Don't worry malz soon I shall rate his application. Haven't played with Taxi that much in jailbreak but hopefully today I can join him without him knowing I'm there doc.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Your application seems fairly good, as people stated above you seem to have some issues with spelling issues within your application but you have attempted to correct those which is great. You seem to also be honest about your mistakes which I thinks great, and have learned and improved from them which I believe is a great quality for an admin. However as I haven't played with you yet I won't be able to judge you as a person.

I will be staying neutral currently, as I have not been able to play with you, and I think it would be good for Miyu and Amy to reply before I give you my support.

However, good luck with your application!

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Member Name Taxi-Man

Name Taxi-Man, Luke

Contact Information

Your Age 14

Location Texas, U.S.A. (CT)

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:113451375

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? I was a moderator on a Garys Mod JB server about last year that I can't find the name of so I'm sorry about that and a TF2 Zombie server named Ageless Of Areo Gaming (which is now dead).

Why do you want to become an admin? Honestly because when I'm on there are usually more people breaking/unaware of the rules in general. It seems that Blackwonder is slightly short on CT US admins so I think I could help the staff there. When I have to record people to try and make a report by the time i get the demo started they are mostly done with their offence and I have no proof. I feel like I'm helping the rulebreakers by not at least trying to become admin and since I have previous experience having powers in a jailbreak servers and that I'm on so often hence the reason I'm applying now. I really feel that I could make the Blackwonder Jailbreak servers a better place, at least when I'm on.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Miyu
Amy
(For me "knowing" an admin means having them added.)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I play from 5:00 - 9:00 (CT) on most weekdays and on weekends I spend most of my free time in Jailbreak.

On what servers do you usually play? I mainly play on NY and LA jailbreak but sometimes I have went to VSH and Payload.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. Being 14 I'm not really to the stage in school where it requires intense studding and effort, so I play Jailbreak instead of studding. I also believe that in a application you shouldn't only put the positive things about you they employers what to know who they're hiring so I'll use this section for that. My first time on the forums was a lot of false reports since I had no idea how to work TF2's demo function. After @Viking34 helped me with this issue I can now make valid reports so again I give my thanks to you. I have also gotten myself 1-2 mutes/gags and I fully accept them and have learned from them.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? It depends on the rule broken,

Freekilling: This would result in a immediate slay for that's what the player is meant to do. If he continues that will result in a day ban. If its a Mass Freekill then it will result in a 1-3 day ban dependent on how many times this has happened and who many people were killed.

Hacker: Permanent ban they knew what they signed up for when they downloaded the hack.

Spammer: Weather it be chat spam or mic spam i will start with a warning and a 5 minute mute/gag after that if they continue spamming I will issue a 30 minute mute/gag.

Simple Rulebreaker: More that likely I would just slay them, there are very few rules that I can think of of the top of my head that would need harsher punishment than a slay but if someone continued breaking the simple rules than a 15-30 minute ban would be my next step.

Hey man, great application. You're so lucky, I have intense studying and effort and i'm the same age. Also, I would like to mention some guy just added me and complained about the NY jailbreak server. Just recently. If you get accepted, I wish you best of luck.

The only tips I have for you is if you get accepted, do not feel like you have to listen to anybody, and DO NOT be easy going, I've heard the jailbreak servers are uh... how do I put this. Cancerous. Many have complained to me, it is up to you to deal with them. I would love to talk,

+SUPPORT

add me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/NotMelons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom