Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from ProvidedTimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
Member Name ProvidedTimmy

Name Tim a.k.a TimTomTyler

Contact Information: Skype -- Providedtimmy, Twitter -- Providedtimmy (Everything is pretty much "ProvidedTimmy")

Your Age 15

Location NJ, USA (EST ZONE)

Your SteamID STEAM_0:1:95046989

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? I've owned my own CSGO and GMOD servers. (Currently closed, they've been up for 1 year and 3-4 months) Named "Chrome Clan." I had been a mod for some time on a GMOD server. I think it was named NTG. (Resigned, was for ~10 months) I am admin on a teamspeak server for Rust, named "World War III" (Ask for the ip if you want proof). I own my own Teamspeak server.

Why do you want to become an admin? I would like to become an admin because I have seen constant spammers, both mic and chat, and it becomes very irritating. I also would like to prevent scripters, and people using hacks. And generally make the community nice.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Melonious, Ice, and Reign.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I can play all weekend, at anytime if needed, and Weekdays (I do have work that I'm on my own schedule, but if I'm needed I have a short notice)

On what servers do you usually play? The CSGO Bhop servers, and would like to start on the surf, because I had loved it in source. The servers I am applying for are the BHOP servers.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I have a HUGE BACKSTORY and I'm not sure if anyone would like to read it, so if you do, add me on steam, or I can post it on here if requested. I am a very kind and open person, as in, if you want my honest opinion, I will give you it in the best way possible. I enjoy the company of either admins or players. I love to be useful AND helpful (it makes me very happy, not trying to be a suck-up :/ ) I can do anything you ask, no matter what it is, and I think if you don't like who I am; I think my story will change the way you will look at me. Sorry for long application I also like to talk. :D
Edit:
I would also like to add I'm very mature for my age, and know the consequences of abusing. If you would like confirmation on that you can ask anyone I know in-game and in real life!

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? A hacker --- If I have valid enough proof, usually I am always looking and recording, they are banned with the chance to apply to be unbanned and redeem themselves on the forums.
A spammer --- They will get a total of 3 warnings, if they choose not to stop, they are gaged/muted/silenced.
A simple rulebreaker --- They have a total of 3 warnings (as these are usually small things), and if they continue to do as they were, they are kicked, and if they join back, and continue, they are banned. (time depends on what rule)

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
First of all, the app looks nice.
second of all, you just joined the forums on thursday... and you suddenly became active on the forums... like.. the last few hours.

you have been an admin on a Gmod server for a little while... how long? (as for me i really want to know)
like.. 1 week? 2 weeks? a month? give us a number...
you owned your own CS:GO and Gmod servers... for how long?

You didn't mention which server you want to be an admin on, the CS:GO Bhop server and surf only? or all servers?

and for a spammer to get 1 warning and the muted/gaged/silenced. is a bit too strict even for me.. i usually just give them 3 warnings just to make sure that even if they didn't see the first 2 warnings they may see the 3rd one... (However this is just my opinion)

There are simple typo and grammar mistakes in your app as well, try to fix them >_>
the english however is near perfect from what i have seen, so that's a +1

However, the +1 that i gave you may change in the future, and it doesn't mean that i'm supporting you or against you.
i'm going to wait for other comments about this app, especially from @Melonious , @Ice , and @Reign .

Until next time, good luck!

My vote: None
Total score: +1

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
second of all, you just joined the forums on thursday... and you suddenly became active on the forums... like.. the last few hours.

you have been an admin on a Gmod server for a little while... how long? (as for me i really want to know)

You didn't mention which server you want to be an admin on, the CS:GO Bhop server and surf only? or all servers?

and for a spammer to get 1 warning and the muted/gaged/silenced. is a bit too strict even for me.. i usually just give them 3 warnings just to make sure that even if they didn't see the first 2 warnings they may see the 3rd one... (However this is just my opinion)

There are simple typo and grammar mistakes in your app as well, try to fix them >_>

However, the +1 that i gave you may change in the future, and it doesn't mean that i'm supporting you or against you.
i'm going to wait for other comments about this app, especially from @Melonious , @Ice , and @Reign .

Ok, thanks for your input! I shall look and make changes where needed. Also I only joined recently because I never knew there was a forum for the server and sorry if that annoys you, as I been on the server a while back.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Also I only joined recently because I never knew there was a forum for the server.

well i guess that's very rare to happen... but i guess it's not going to be a problem as long as someone can confirm that you were actually active on our Bhop server or generally our servers. (however... this is just my opinion)

sorry if that annoys you.
Ummm... it doesn't really annoy me o_O
i'm just pointing out facts for other admins and staff members to notice, that's all.

Edit: How long have you played on our servers until now? (i would really like to know)

Last edited:

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
It is a very good app, But I have never seen you in game,

ATM my vote is Secure + Now

Last edited:

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
This application is better then most I've seen, and I'm referring to the old applications on Blueprint.tf, but lets get straight to the point.
As stated, you've only joined these forums Thursday, but as you did state, you only found out about the forums recently, and I can't really complain about that since that was the case with me when the blueprint.tf forums were still up and running. Atleast you didn't apply the day you joined the forums, I've seen too many of those apps.
I'm not really gonna complain about how you do things, each admin does things differently after all. Just gonna say you don't need to be too strict, and can be yourself basically. Just a obvious reminder.
I have never seen you ingame ethier, so can't make a statement based on that. So @Melonious , @Ice and @Reign will be the ones to judge you there, not my place.
The rest has probably been stated. So I'll end my comment here and say this;

Your currently in a Good standing with me. But all opinions are subject to change.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous

Damn. You write way too much. Anyways, I know this man very well in game. He is very responsible and mature. He has told me recently about a cheater and said that he is/has reported him. I am giving him a +support even though he hasn't been active in the forums for long. One of the most trustworthy people I know in csgo. Very friendly and can help out any new players and keep the server free of crazy toxic people.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
As for playing on servers for a long time... I just recently added him and I have a "ehh" memory. No offense but I cannot reassure the other staff of your activeness on the servers

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hello Timmy and thanks for applying.
I was waiting for someone of the 3 admins mentioned to say something. I couldn't find you via hlstats (I'm probably missing something out there, maybe it doesn't work for csgo very well) so I can't confirm your activity on the servers either. The application seems fine but here's why my vote is no for the time being:
  1. Questionable server activity -> still waiting for @Ice and @Reign
  2. Lack of forum activity. You registered, posted some threads and here we are. This seems like a quick decision instead of a deliberate one and gives the impression that you don't want to know the community where you'd administrate. We're not desperate to find admins. If you don't play Tf2 then the forum is the way to connect with everyone else black_smile.
  3. You have some former steam names "[ADMIN] JPANARELLA.23", "[ADMIN] ProvidedTimmy", which are interesting...
If other staff members could prove your server activity and confirm what @Melonious said I can see myself changing my opinion. Good luck with your application.

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
Hello Timmy and thanks for applying.
I was waiting for someone of the 3 admins mentioned to say something. I couldn't find you via hlstats (I'm probably missing something out there, maybe it doesn't work for csgo very well) so I can't confirm your activity on the servers either. The application seems fine but here's why my vote is no for the time being:
  1. Questionable server activity -> still waiting for @Ice and @Reign
  2. Lack of forum activity. You registered, posted some threads and here we are. This seems like a quick decision instead of a deliberate one and gives the impression that you don't want to know the community where you'd administrate. We're not desperate to find admins. If you don't play Tf2 then the forum is the way to connect with everyone else black_smile.
  3. You have some former steam names "[ADMIN] JPANARELLA.23", "[ADMIN] ProvidedTimmy", which are interesting...
If other staff members could prove your server activity and confirm what @Melonious said I can see myself changing my opinion. Good luck with your application.
Some of those former steam names were way back, and I was not trying to impose on being an admin, it was a simple joke with my friend. My "lack of forum activity" is only because (not trying to start something) there really isn't much on the forums. Finally, I only listed @Reign because I had recently talked to him. I've never seen him ingame. Should I remove him from the list of known admins? Anyways I appreciate your response.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I will go with the majority of the votes
The only thing I can say is: From our chat, you were seem to be quiet mature. It is both nice and confusing. Nice, because being mature means you have a tait every good admin should have, and confusing because it seems to you almost try too hard to act mature. Easy up a bit. At least in privat chat.
But oh well, that is nore from too big imporance now.
I also do not see why you backstory should give us a different opinion about you? Our opinion if you isn't made of what you have done in the past, but how you act and behave in the present. At least charactistic(ly?).
That aside, you english is good enough and as are your experience of handling responsibilities. Good points when wanting to become admin, but I am also waiting for someone to confirm your activity. Maybe you could ask someone you often play with to confirm this fact here?

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
Good points when wanting to become admin, but I am also waiting for someone to confirm your activity. Maybe you could ask someone you often play with to confirm this fact here?
I have @Kevin but I'm not sure if that really counts, since he's not an admin? I'm on BHOP all the time, not so much TF2. Although, I will plan it more because it is today, one of my favorites.
Edit:
Sorry if I seem I am trying hard at being mature, as I was raised that way. :p Meaning to be mature, not try hard at it...

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Looking at the stats you have Never been on bhop once. Only 4 mins on a surf cs Server.

Not sure who is Lying.

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
Looking at the stats you have Never been on bhop once. Only 4 hours on a surf cs Server.
Well I'm not sure why my stats don't show, but I'm always on there. As of right now I'm on the dodgeball server for tf2. May I know of where you're trying to get my stats for the server?
Edit:
Ok, I've taken a look at the hlstats, thingy, and it doesn't even show anything for me on the bhop server. Also I'm on it right now. So the plugin either needs to be updated or it's broken because even my friend, Kevin, has no profile at all for the bhop server....

Last edited:

Ice

Enemy of this Community

aaa

Alright its a good app but you did sign up only a couple days ago. You are nice on the server but I would like to see you more active. Otherwise you have +support.

darkarcher1

Notably Dangerous
I'm short on time so this will be fast

I think you seem mature and your probably really nice on the bhop servers
I have never seen you in game and your a bit new but from the other replys i am half in half but I'm slightly leaning towards yes

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Well yeah, probably those hl stats just being buggy and slow..
Gonna Stay neutral for tho.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Would like to get the current state of his activity from the BHop admins before I decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom