Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from markk

Status
Not open for further replies.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

"
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:32:37 mark im not recording you, sonny
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:32:41 mark i was afk sorting out my other reports
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:32:44 mark no lol
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:32:51 mark if i were recording you, i would have told you
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:33:03 mark if youre paranoid, dont worry about it, i dont record people for ammo glitching
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:33:16 mark i dont blame you
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 06:33:25 mark i know i believe you"

"
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 20:14:56 mark you dont try to defend them.
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 20:17:55 mark theres a limit to tell people the rules.
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 20:18:07 mark if people are clearly fucking overtalking, just telling them to 'oh, dont overtalk the warden'
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 20:18:10 mark isnt good enough for them to fucking understand.
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak 2018-05-04 20:18:12 mark that theyre fucking mentally stupid."
Hello, obviously this isn't a reason to get me an out-of-jail card. But I could at least put some explanation to both of those quotes.
For the first bit, one of the users assumed that I was recording him, although I was, yeah, AFK. To explain about me not "recording" ammo glitches is simply because I'm afraid to record it and realize that it does not have enough evidence, as my recordings are usually when I'm alive and not dead. In which that scenario, I was spectating seeing something else.

The second bit, is definitely my fault. I could have reacted better, but I allow me to explain to provide some context. It was due to the fact that the entire server was overtalking me, and the previous wardens before me. I couldn't tolerate it and that's where I started to burst. Like I said, it's not an excuse to my behavior, it's definitely my fault, but I would like you to understand the context of it.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Comical side-note, the word "fuck" is in your logs 449 times. You certainly have a favorite word, don't you? ha ha

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Comical side-note, the word "fuck" is in your logs 449 times. You certainly have a favorite word, don't you? ha ha
Unfortunately. I used it so, so many times in the past and I don't really understand why (excluding the amount of times I use it now). Though, I've been trying to not use it as much. I don't know if I really have improved though, hopefully so.

Last edited:

Cinnamon

roll
I'm not great with introductions so here goes.

About your chatlogs:
Jailbreak can be annoying to play on sometimes, especially when there's 4 people on the mic at the same time talking over you as warden. It's easy to be tempted into using... slandering words in order to add a weight of importance to your tone. However, as an admin you need to set an example to all the players. If an admin acts immaturely, then it creates a reflection on all the players to act just like the admin. This does concern me, but to be honest its not as bad as it seems. In your chatlogs, you were explaining rules and asking people not to overtalk you, so there were good intentions behind all the f's. But you should show some self-restraint, because calling people mentally-ill is a bit uncalled for.

About your application:
Well-organized and open. You explained much about your past, which is always a plus. Revealing and acknowledging your past mistakes without us having to search for it makes me see you are trusting. It has been 5 months since your perma on outpost and 3 months since the VAC. I believe you have changed since then. I don't agree with the warnings in some of your punishments. You are better off teambanning a LR Denier right off the bat. Reading the Jailbreak rules is itself a rule when it comes to Jailbreak. When you punish someone, they should have known better than to play as a guard or warden without reading the rules. Personally, I only warn people when it comes to general rules or red team rules. Other than that, everything else is good.

About you as a player:
You are quite friendly with the regulars, and they seem to hold you in high regard. You know the rules well, and if there are rules that are confusing, you usually ask me or another admin for confirmation. You are pretty dedicated, as whenever I join LA you are usually there, and we could use some dedicated admins right about now.

In conclusion, I am going with +support leaning slightly towards neutral. Despite the whole chat log thing, I think you have potential. I believe you would make a good admin, and with a little bit of self-control you could do just fine. If you do happen to be accepted, I wouldn't even mind showing you the ropes. Well that's that so I hope you have a wonderful night.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Hey Cinnamon, thank you for taking the time to write and comment in my application. I do hope in advance that you are currently having a good day at the moment that you are reading this.

About your chatlogs:
Jailbreak can be annoying to play on sometimes, especially when there's 4 people on the mic at the same time talking over you as warden. It's easy to be tempted into using... slandering words in order to add a weight of importance to your tone. However, as an admin you need to set an example to all the players. If an admin acts immaturely, then it creates a reflection on all the players to act just like the admin. This does concern me, but to be honest its not as bad as it seems. In your chatlogs, you were explaining rules and asking people not to overtalk you, so there were good intentions behind all the f's. But you should show some self-restraint, because calling people mentally-ill is a bit uncalled for.
Again, thank you to all of you as well for pointing this out as this is obviously a major issue and definitely something that I am weak in. Yes, I do agree that there are definite times that I should not have said especially 3 days ago where I lashed out to certain people and calling them mentally-ill as well as the amount of F's that I have been using to address things even when it was unnecessary.

As you are reading this, I was and still am trying to improve on this attitude of mine, lashing out on people for certain things that I could've said in different manners or even, as mentioned, calling people of rude things. I do not blame you if you do not believe that I am trying to improve, but I at least hope that you will take this into account despite the fact the issue just 3 days ago.

About your application:
Well-organized and open. You explained much about your past, which is always a plus. Revealing and acknowledging your past mistakes without us having to search for it makes me see you are trusting. It has been 5 months since your perma on outpost and 3 months since the VAC. I believe you have changed since then. I don't agree with the warnings in some of your punishments. You are better off teambanning a LR Denier right off the bat. Reading the Jailbreak rules is itself a rule when it comes to Jailbreak. When you punish someone, they should have known better than to play as a guard or warden without reading the rules. Personally, I only warn people when it comes to general rules or red team rules. Other than that, everything else is good.
Thank you for believing that I have changed, it truly means a lot to me and about the punishments, I will change it in my application. Thank you for pointing it out.

Otherwise, again, thank you for the support and the faith that you put in me. As mentioned, (and sorry for sounding like a broken record at this point) I am and will be working on the issue that a lot of you are pointing out.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
OH HELLO THERE!

Good, now that we got that out of the way, let's see this admin app of yours.

Right off the bat i noticed just two things that i want to mention first...

Hacking; Record a video and ask an admin to view it, if agreed with both sides that the suspect is cheating > Permanent ban

Now, naturally when you acquire a demo of a rule breaking or a "Hacker" you can right away just ban him (punish him), as long as you got solid evidence.
You DON'T NEED to show it to another admin FIRST and THEN ban the "Hacker".

Of course this only applies when the hacker is stupidly too obvious to notice that he is cheating.
And you also need to provide the demo in the ban you made in the sourcebans. (a download link to the demo or whatever)

IF however you DON'T know for sure if this person is hacking or not (or it seems suspicious), in that case recording a demo and showing it to another admin (Or really generally speaking the discord admin chat) is the right thing to do.
Just don't forget to save this hacker's information, so that when you confirm he is in fact a hacker, you can punish him right away.

Impersonating Admins; Tell them to stop, if they still continue > 1 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Now i think it's important to mention that there are people who "jokingly" impersonate admins in a "non-harmful" way that doesn't affect the admin's reputation nor the gameplay.
That is obviously and usually okay if nothing sounds off or unusual.

Other than that, there are people for example who may impersonate admins and threaten players, i would personally straight out ban them (After i get solid evidence of their doings) for a week if they don't have any previous bans, other than that i would extend the duration appropriately.

If in another scenario they impersonate admin and try to ruin their reputation or negatively affect the gameplay, then in that case i would personally start off by banning them for a few days (personally probably starting by 4 days), if they don't have any previous bans, if they do however, i'll again extend the duration appropriately.

-----------

Now just to clarify, these are just a few nitpicks i had about your app, and you don't have to feel bad about these particular ones, since as you mentioned, you don't have any experience as an admin, and so it's an easy mistake almost for everyone who doesn't have admin experience.

Now that's done let's discuss your app.

Your application:
Generally speaking i don't see anything wrong with the application itself. (Keep in mind that i skipped over the JB rules since i don't administrate JB anymore in the meantime)
I liked the fact that you talked about your past, so that we don't have to look thro it.
Makes it feel like you are straight forward with us, and makes it easier to interact with you.

I also liked how you replied to some of the questions and criticism that were brought up in such a straight forward way.

Lastly, JB is a very harsh environment, and i personally don't think i can blame you for swearing a lot.
However, you already know what i'm going to say, an admin should keep that stuff at minimum, but again i think the context matters depending on the situation.
I personally think that as long as you don't over use swears, and make sure that when you do use them you use them appropriately and not just spout them out for no reason, then it should be fine.

Overall, i think that as long as the JB admins see your JB punishments to be okay or acceptable, alongside my opinion (this post) then it's a
+Support from me
Otherwise, i can't argue if your JB punishments are not acceptable, in that case it would be a
-Support.

Thanks for your time, and good luck with your application. ;)

Last edited:

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Hey Wolf, thank you for taking your time to comment and pointing out detais that I am working into as the moment you are reading this, this will be helpful for me to improve. Oh, and I do have some questions as well for some clarifications.

Now, naturally when you acquire a demo of a rule breaking or a "Hacker" you can right away just ban him (punish him), as long as you got solid evidence.
You DON'T NEED to show it to another admin FIRST and THEN ban the "Hacker".

Of course this only applies when the hacker is stupidly too obvious to notice that he is cheating.
And you also need to provide the demo in the ban you made in the sourcebans. (a download link to the demo or whatever)

IF however you DON'T know for sure if this person is hacking or not (or it seems suspicious), in that case recording a demo and showing it to another admin (Or really generally speaking the discord admin chat) is the right thing to do.
Just don't forget to save this hacker's information, so that when you confirm he is in fact a hacker, you can punish him right away.
For the hacker bit, would I specifically require to use a demo or is it okay for me to use recording softwares?

Otherwise, thanks for pointing this out. I will be able to save a lot of time if I were to be accepted and had to deal with this problem.

Now i think it's important to mention that there are people who "jokingly" impersonate admins in a "non-harmful" way that doesn't affect the admin's reputation nor the gameplay.
That is obviously and usually okay if nothing sounds off or unusual.

Other than that, there are people for example who may impersonate admins and threaten players, i would personally straight out ban them (After i get solid evidence of their doings) for a week if they don't have any previous bans, other than that i would extend the duration appropriately.

If in another scenario they impersonate admin and try to ruin their reputation or negatively affect the gameplay, then in that case i would personally start off by banning them for a few days (personally probably starting by 4 days), if they don't have any previous bans, if they do however, i'll again extend the duration
Thanks for this information as well. As I have no questions for this, I'll remember to edit this in my application.

Lastly, JB is a very harsh environment, and i personally don't think i can blame you for swearing a lot.
However, you already know what i'm going to say, an admin should keep that stuff at minimum, but again i think the context matters depending on the situation.
I personally think that as long as you don't over use swears, and make sure that when you do use them you use them appropriately and not just spout them out for no reason, then it should be fine.
I am glad that you do take into account the contexts of the scenario whenever I was typing (however of course I would not use it as a get-out-of-jail card). I understand that I would have to minimize the amount of use and not use it unnecessarily and as mentioned I hope you believe me in this.

Once again, thank you so much as to taking the time to read, comment and point out things that I would require to work on. It will definitely improve and I do hope you have a nice day the moment you are reading this.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
For the hacker bit, would I specifically require to use a demo or is it okay for me to use recording softwares?

I think using any software or a demo would be okay, as long as you got your evidence.
Tho i think having the demo would be much better, since it's more like the "Source" of the game play, and thus more reliable, and is very small in size.

of course later on you can also record the demo with a software and upload it on youtube as unlisted or something for connivance purposes, tho you don't HAVE to.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello Mark,
I'd like to give you a warm welcome to the admin team. The overwhelming support from all admins is staggering and I'm very happy to be able to have you on my team.
Can't wait to get to start working/playing with you!

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Hello Mark,
I'd like to give you a warm welcome to the admin team. The overwhelming support from all admins is staggering and I'm very happy to be able to have you on my team.
Can't wait to get to start working/playing with you!
Told you mark ;)
I knew you could do it
Welcome to the team. mrak! Feel free to let me know if you need anything.
What?! mark has evolved into an admin! congurts
I just came back from work and I saw this and my heart literally just started racing.
Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom