Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

I'm not going to give any positive or negative support as I have only encountered you once in a server I believe.

However, I have seen quite a lot of you on the forums and on discord during the past 1 or 2 weeks. And what I've seen is mostly stated in your application and the comments below it.

BUT one huge flaw that either nobody realized or wanted to point out is that you seem to be a very fragile person, in other words, you don't take personal attacks or trolls well at all. This is somewhat concerning to me as administrating can be very challenging at times and getting easily demotivated or depressed by stuff strangers say on the internet may or may not be problematic. It may happen to you that you get overwhelmed by it, in that case I suggest taking a break or simply leaving the server you are on. Being angered, demotivated, sad or having any negative feelings can influence your judgement greatly. Please keep that in mind.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I'm not going to give any positive or negative support as I have only encountered you once in a server I believe.

However, I have seen quite a lot of you on the forums and on discord during the past 1 or 2 weeks. And what I've seen is mostly stated in your application and the comments below it.

BUT one huge flaw that either nobody realized or wanted to point out is that you seem to be a very fragile person, in other words, you don't take personal attacks or trolls well at all. This is somewhat concerning to me as administrating can be very challenging at times and getting easily demotivated or depressed by stuff strangers say on the internet may or may not be problematic. It may happen to you that you get overwhelmed by it, in that case I suggest taking a break or simply leaving the server you are on. Being angered, demotivated, sad or having any negative feelings can influence your judgement greatly. Please keep that in mind.
Let me make one thing about me clear.
I indeed have difiuclties with emotions, at times. That is because of my past and maybe it will be more clear to people in some time.
BUT...
When people really get to me my emotions dissapear. That is just something I have, which happened with puddin' and the 2nd day with the "cosmo incident" or howerver you want to call it.
Just a little thing about me :)
Further.. I am grateful to all the people that have commented nice and observive comments.
Also I am grateful to the people that help me when I don't know a rule or when I just need help or someone to talk to (that includes people telling me to back off from trolls).
And influencing judgement...
I would like to see me treat someone different from another without a reason... But that comes from me.

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Don't let your emotions bother you, I have some of my emotional moments aswell at times
I seem to forgot to make a reply

Anyway, I'm glad you applied and I think you'd fit for the admin rank.
I've played with you several times, no complaints
You always make reports with proof, wich really boosts your chances (imo atleast)

Like I said, don't let the emotions bother you at all, people have those at times
You already know what I was going to vote but +support!

Good luck! <3

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
From someone who has actively been an admin for a total of about a year, I can say to Lucas that yes, being admin can have a drastic affect on your emotional state and have negative effects on everyone. People will always try to bring you down for any reason they can think of; they might want the server to think you're a terrible person and that they're great, they might just have a smart-ass attitude or they might develop a grudge against you. It's tiring, it's almost always thankless and lastly, it can overwhelm you. You'll be made to feel like you're wrong, put down into positions where it feels like everyone is against you. You need to be able to shut those negative people out and do what you're meant to do. You have to remember that although a whole server may seem against you, the community is with you. And I think if Lucas thinks he can put up with all that, then providing there's nothing else wrong, he should be given a chance. If it proves too much for him, he's always able to resign or take a break. If he thinks he can do it, then I think we should support his decision should he get accepted.

CrystalBlitz

Unremarkable
Good luck man +support

Plus the only reason why is based on how cool you are in the server's and chill sometimes when your around me. so you have my support man :D

Sakuya

Trickster
Hello Lucas I hope you're having a grand day.
So first off, I see effort was placed in the application which is very nice, putting effort in the application means your putting effort to show you are the better admin than the next person.
I see you're very active on discord and in-game which is wonderful also, active on Jailbreak which is glorious since tons of troublemakers need to be dealt with on Jailbreak doc.
I have had a few brief chats with you and from them, I can assure that you're very mature and cooperative. Its good being cooperative so we can get the job done.
I see that you have some problem with emotions? It's not a problem but please make sure that your emotions do not overwhelm you and result in you making bad choices in-game as an admin.
So in conclusion, you seem very determined to become admin show the skills needed. Obviously I am a clear +SUPPORT.
Lucas, strive on ahead and you will make it doc. I am rooting for you!
Sak out!

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Hello, didn't read every reply and I'm sorry for that (will read it all later). But it's certain that this application is a bit controversial which is fine. I just want to ask, do we need another jailbreak admin? As I think you'd only qualify for jailbreak and maybe for VSH.

Your playtime according to hlstats:
Jailbreak: 5 days 10 hours + 3 hours + 2 hours.
VSH: 3 hours + 6 hours.
Deathrun: 51 minutes + 3 hours
The Hidden: 3 hours.

If these times are valid (hlstats has been restored several times but this still shows the rate of where you play) it's obvious that you mostly play on jailbreak with the occasional VSH. Those 3 hours of Hidden and 4 hours of Deathrun are a bit weak imo to mention them as regularly visited servers or servers where you usually play.

So basically, if others say we need more jailbreak admins you have my +support as you have a good application, good activity on the forums as well as on jailbreak. But I still don't think it's fair to mention servers where you haven't spent a significant amount of time and you probably won't play more there in the future.

If we're not sure, or we don't need any more jailbreak admins then this application falls short on activity on the servers.

Either way, good luck!

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Hello, didn't read every reply and I'm sorry for that (will read it all later). But it's certain that this application is a bit controversial which is fine. I just want to ask, do we need another jailbreak admin? As I think you'd only qualify for jailbreak and maybe for VSH.

Your playtime according to hlstats:
Jailbreak: 5 days 10 hours + 3 hours + 2 hours.
VSH: 3 hours + 6 hours.
Deathrun: 51 minutes + 3 hours
The Hidden: 3 hours.

If these times are valid (hlstats has been restored several times but this still shows the rate of where you play) it's obvious that you mostly play on jailbreak with the occasional VSH. Those 3 hours of Hidden and 4 hours of Deathrun are a bit weak imo to mention them as regularly visited servers or servers where you usually play.

So basically, if others say we need more jailbreak admins you have my +support as you have a good application, good activity on the forums as well as on jailbreak. But I still don't think it's fair to mention servers where you haven't spent a significant amount of time and you probably won't play more there in the future.

If we're not sure, or we don't need any more jailbreak admins then this application falls short on activity on the servers.

Either way, good luck!
I wrote that section when I played Deathrun with @Wolfi and we joined sometimes.
I can remember playing more but that can be wrong on my part.
I wrote Hidden down because I quite like the gamemode but a lot of the times I just don't see anyone on there (while writing this I checked again and no one online there once again).
I am sorry if I wrote it down badly and I will remove every gamemode except Jailbreak and VSH if you would think that would be better.

On Jailbreak admins...
As I edited in my first message, I play close to every Monday morning and Friday morning and there are most of the times no admins online on Jailbreak EU.

Sorry for writing down wrong information.

Greetings,
Lucas

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
You are really helping the community with creating reports but also helping out players who are in need of an admin and none is available. You are very active on the servers, forum and Discord. You need to learn to ignore the trolls but we all have those moments we just can't help ourselves to reply. For the rest, you have rules set to binds and you explain them if people still don't understand them. You are friendly and it's always fun when you join. I think you would make a good admin after some education on the commands and usage of admin tools. Goodluck with your application.

Amy

#Wilde
Well done @Lucas your application is just perfect. I have known you for a little but i know you well enough to rate this app :) . I like that you ask before you do something and if you are not sure you want to know to make it right. Very kind in general and a good person to talk to. As mentioned by others try to control you're emotions. Yes people like to do things and say things but you can't let them get to you. Otherwise you're good for the job :)

+Active on forums/Discord
+Long Application
+Knows the rules well enough (If he isn't sure he asks)
+Mature
+Good Reports

+Support

Good Luck Lucas!

Last edited:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
+Support from me too. Good luck! <3

Eh.. would you mind giving a reason or two? Because your comment is just a nicer way of saying: "Hey, I just joined to give lucas a positive rating but sadly I don't have a good reason so just take my support." It kind of reminds me of the famous quote:

Shut up and take my +Support -famous Blackwonder forum user

Also @Viking34 , who the fuck gives an old rating in a FRIGGIN PENDING application?

K. Thx. Bay. Malz

Last edited:

Eric61485

Spectacularly Lethal

Kyde

Well, here are the reasons:

- He is mature
- Never broke a single rule (from what I know)
- Always active
- He always says not to please break rules (Like when someone freekills,freehits or any other type of rulebreaker)
- Good english (never heard or saw a mistake from him)

And by the way I am not new (for the site I am), I've been playing BLW.TF servers a long ago....But I didn't know they had a website, so I registered 9/12/2016 (And now that I can see, the post is old :V, didn't see that sry).

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Well, here are the reasons:

- He is mature
- Never broke a single rule (from what I know)
- Always active
- He always says not to please break rules (Like when someone freekills,freehits or any other type of rulebreaker)
- Good English (never heard or saw a mistake from him)

And by the way I am not new (for the site I am), I've been playing BLW.TF servers a long ago....But I didn't know they had a website, so I registered 9/12/2016

• I broke a rule as far as I know once and that was when I just joined the gamemode called Jailbreak. (of course I have freekilled/freehit and maybe broken some other rules, but that happens on accident and I do what I have to do :) (that means most of the time slaying yourself/going off blue for a few rounds/letting a red go to medic as fast as possible).
  • I try
  • I try
  • My English is better than my "mother" language.... My school doesn't like that :p
Now I am writing on this I have a question.
Is there any news I can get on getting accepted/declined?
I don't want to sound impatient at all, but I am in my final year of school right now and I won't have as much time in the future (march,april,may) Thanks to exams.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i'm not an admin but i want to give my support to lucas he has always been helpful to me and honestly i thought he already was an admin in the maturity level and way he is when i've spoken in forums, discord and ingame

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Well Lucas,
it's about time isn't it. It's been a tough desicion because, as many people have pointed out and as I have noticed in the past, you sometimes do let your emotions take over. You are very active and very dedicated and all around a nice person.
I just want to tell you to not let your emotions take over your rational thinking.
I think overall being an admin will be a good experience for you and I'm looking forward to having you in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom