Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Member Name Lucas

Name Lucas

Contact Information

Your Age 16

Location Netherlands, Limburg

Your SteamID [U:1:377312233]

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? No

If Yes, which ones? None

Why do you want to become an admin?
I want to be able to help people better than I am currently able to. Right now I can use vote commands and I can record people breaking the rules, there are things that prevent that from happening sometimes thou.
TF2 doesn't have a perfect demo system, sometimes the demos crash before it shows the rule breaking.
I sometimes type "recod" or "recorf" etc. because I need to type fast to catch them in the act (a way to fix it would be to add a "TV" plugin).
The vote system is not perfect because people can avoid it by rejoining, sometimes people have a lot of friends online and they can vote no and make it not work.
I can always ask online admins to come and help but sometimes it is too late for that and damage has already been done.

I am playing a lot and in the morning (Netherlands) on monday and friday I can't contact any admin, I was playing on monday morning today and there were close to none guards that knew the rules, I tried to explain and explain but they wouldn't listen...
I said in chat: "at these times I just wished I was Admin..."
I just wanted everyone to have a fun game but people wouldn't listen.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Amy, Benedevil, Frama, Ice, Maimix, Sakuya Izayoi, Viking34
If you think I don't know you than please tell me, As I am mentioning below I don’t know when...

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
  • Monday: 8 AM/9:30 AM (1 of the two, my school is doing weird) - 11:30 AM, 4 PM - 10:30 PM
  • Tuesday: 3 PM - 10:30 PM
  • Wednesday: 4PM - 10:30 PM
  • Thursday: 4/5 PM - 5:30 PM, 7 PM - 10:30 PM
  • Friday**: 8 AM - 9:30 AM, 2:30 PM - 7:30 PM, 10:20 PM - 3 AM
  • Saturday*: 8/11 AM - 3 AM
  • Sunday*: 8/11 AM - 10:30 PM
Every day ofcourse I have to eat dinner but that is diferent every day and will take 30 mins max.
Even when doing homework I will be able to spectate a server or be online for when people need my help and take a quick break.
*: it depends on when I wake up. I wake up from 7-11.
**: before school and after school, from 8-10 PM I am busy with an organisation I work with.

Remember that all these times are in CET(+1/2)

On what servers do you usually play?
  • Jailbreak: Europe, NY, LA
  • Deathrun: 176.57.141.143:27330, 176.57.142.90:27045 (whichever I see first, both EU because on US I don’t trust my ping for Deathrun but if needed I can go there)
  • VSH: 176.57.141.143:27115. Or any other when I am playing with someone else.
  • The Hidden: 176.57.141.9:27080. Only when there are people online (which at the moment isn’t much

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I am anti-social, which basically means I don't understand people fast (some other things too but don't want to go into it to much)
I am not able to notice how other people see me. I don't know if they think of me as a friend, acquaintance, someone they know or whatever.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
  • Hacker: If I have proof (s)he is hacking I will give him/her a permanent ban him/her because if you hack you have to face the consequences.
  • Spammer: I will start with warning them to stop (mic)spamming so they still have a chance to stop. If they don't stop I will start with a 30 mins ban, after that I will go higher.
  • Simple Rule breaker: Here it depends on the rule,
  • Being disrespectful to another person is not okay, I will give them a warning and after that a 30 min mute/gag (depends on if they use mic or chat)
  • When not speaking English in voice chat: I will give them a warning and if they continue a 30 min mute, if they do it again it will be for longer.
  • If you use a "inappropriate" or "offensive" spray: I will warn them and I will write that person down (steam Id) If I see them do it again I will ban them for 2 hours)
  • For exploiting maps: I will give them a warning, I did it myself once but I didn't know. I was told and am grateful for that so I will give people a warning first.
  • Ghosting (in games which you can ghost): I will warn them and if they continue I will kick them, If they do it times after that again I will give them a 1 hour ban.
  • Round delay: I will slay them (for dodgeball that means the game goes further and for JB/Deathrun/VSH that will mean the game will end).

EDIT: Made it look nicer (in my opinion).
EDIT2: Another change in how it looks.
EDIT3: Fixed the Steam ID
EDIT4: Way to many edits... Added the word "day" to when I can play.
EDIT5: Edited time to be more precise.
EDIT6: Aded soemthing to "why do you want to become Admin"

Last edited:

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I'm not going to give any + or - support or anything because although I've got you added as a friend (And don't worry, that means you're actually my friend :p) I haven't seen much of you in game and have talked to you much more on the forums than in TF2. That being said, a couple of things to note:

-When recording to find people breaking rules, I generally start recording at the start of every round. The demos may be long, but if you can find the tick value then you can cut the time staff need to spend watching it by telling them at what tick the rule-breaking happened.
-Not being able to understand people fast is perfectly normal; I'm not sure about a lot of people here either, but that's because I don't get opportunities to talk to them. I won't delve into that though seeing as you don't seem comfortable talking about it.
-Not understanding what people think of you could end up being an advantage. You might find that because you don't know whether someone likes you, you'll be unbiased in every situation which is a great quality for an admin to have. While it's draining, it can help to let emotion go and only look at facts. This advice might not work for you but it's helped me in the past.
-In your punishing section, you mention that you would ban people ghosting. Are you meaning a comm ban or an actual ban? I think just a mute/gag would be more suiting.

I might come back and make a full review because I do have more to say, but I'm tired so I'll do it later if I decide I want/need to. Good luck on your application, Lucas! ^^

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I've not spent any substantial time talking to you.

However, you took the time to help me with something as simple as an sm_msay bind. You insisted we joined an empty server so we could figure it out.

Your application looks fine to me, and if you are as kind and helpful to other strangers as you were with me, then I think you would make a pleasant admin.

I'm sure people will pull logs and such that will give us a better idea of your gameplay etc. I'll reserve recommendations until then.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Oh, another app to rate! Oh boy, here we go!

Disclaimer: Since I do not know your ingame behavior, I will be only rating your app (and other activities).

So to start off, I will also stay neutral. My reasons will be listed below:
  • Your app is neat and nice too look at. Your answer are not the "standard" answers but stand out from others. They give us a little bit of insight about your character.
  • Your English is good. A requirement if you want to become an admin, but I still like to point it out. Even with the edits.
  • You only have been on the forum for around 2 weeks. But I am willing to overlook that since you were pretty active in that time.
  • You seem to know a lot of admins. That is always a good thing. Now we just need to wait for confirmation.
  • You play on jb. Jb needs all the help it can get. Also, you play on dr. We are kinda lacking admins there since I am not able to join it for the next 6 months
  • From what I can say about your posts, you seem to be a likeable guy.
But despite all my praise, since I have not interacted with you (much), I am not convinced enough to give you my full support. But as always:

Best of luck!

K. Thx. Bay.

Malz

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
-When recording to find people breaking rules, I generally start recording at the start of every round. The demos may be long, but if you can find the tick value then you can cut the time staff need to spend watching it by telling them at what tick the rule-breaking happened.
-In your punishing section, you mention that you would ban people ghosting. Are you meaning a comm ban or an actual ban? I think just a mute/gag would be more suiting.

I might come back and make a full review because I do have more to say, but I'm tired so I'll do it later if I decide I want/need to. Good luck on your application, Lucas! ^^

Yeah I have been thinking about those kind of things.
I DO record most of the rounds but sometimes I get a corrupted demo that crash after 2-8 mins. I am still trying to figure out what the reason behind it is.
Also the ghosting thing. I can understand why people would think a mute/gag would be better. But if they keep doing it than they will continue doing it. My thoughts behind this are: "When someone types in chat constantly where others are, for games like jailbreak where you need to be able to type in chat/talk, a gag is kind of the same as a ban. They also will learn to not do it again as they will be banned again if they are seen ghosting."
I don't know if others agree on this and I will adjust myself to others if needed.
I also most of the time record the footage afterwards with OBS to make it easier for the admins. (All credits for that go to Cosmo, I saw him do it and afterwards did it myself)

Also thank you for your wishes. You good luck too Grizzly.

EDIT: forgot to edit qoute

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I was wondering whether I should start recording demos to make it easier. Anyway, on the topic of ghosting I'm not sure I agree. A permanent mute/gag allows them to play the game still (on red obviously) and stops them from making the offence again. They may also find our forums to make an appeal if they decide they've changed, and leave it up to staff to figure out if they're worth unmuting/ungagging. The point is they can still play half of the gamemode. With a ban, yes, they can't make the offence again, but they also are prevented from doing anything else, which they may not deserve. However, these kind of guide lines are best left to the staff to discuss, so I'm not going to tell you what's right or wrong until I know for sure.

It's in my opinion that an actual ban is only warranted when they find a way to ruin the player experience that another punishment can't solve. For example, a free killer can be solved with a teamban. A spammer can be comm blocked. A hacker on the other hand, will still be able to ruin the player experience despite being teambanned or comm blocked, and therefore they fully deserve a ban. That is just my opinion though.

Again, if I find time, I'll make a proper review so I can say some things I want to say.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Okay, seeing as I've got time now and not much going on, I'm going to do one of my full reviews. Pros, cons and neutrals as well for layout's sake.

Pros:
-Makes a lot of valid reports
-On the servers quite often and is willing to moderate multiple servers
-Knows quite a few staff
-Able to moderate for a long time on weekends *see neutrals
-Seems to have an unbiased and fair personality (minor, as this is only a presumption)
-Mostly fair punishments (minor, as this is opinion based and I also don't agree with full-on banning ghosters)

Neutral:
-*Very vague on how long he can be online during weekdays. Between finishing school and sleeping can be a 4-5 hour difference between other people depending on when you get out of school and when you sleep. Might be worth it to elaborate here and state exact hours per day.
-No previous administrator experience (this is in neutral as everyone deserves a first try at everything)

Cons:
-Knowledge of rules. Some of you may have seen me ask about whether there was a difference between "AFK" and "AFK freeze" in the shoutbox. It was found that there was no difference (thanks cosmo) and I said I wouldn't mention the guy's name who said that "AFK means you can taunt" unless I was asked to or needed to. I feel like I should bring it up here, seeing as the guy is now applying for admin.

X2dadOe.png

-Time. You've been here for about 2-3 weeks (as shown in the above imgur link) which isn't a lot of time. However, I'm going to make this a minor con as you've done a lot in that time and also made a good impression with the community.

All in all, I'd give Lucas a +Support, for what it's worth. The only major flaw is the slight bump in his knowledge of the rules, however after a push in the right direction and a bit of early guidance from other staff, I think he'd make a good addition to the team of admins. He's dedicated, has a lot of time to dedicate to the servers, makes fair judgement and isn't prone to being biased. Good luck!

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
As I said in private chat, Thank you very much for giving your opinion.

-Knowledge of rules. Some of you may have seen me ask about whether there was a difference between "AFK" and "AFK freeze" in the shoutbox. It was found that there was no difference (thanks cosmo) and I said I wouldn't mention the guy's name who said that "AFK means you can taunt" unless I was asked to or needed to. I feel like I should bring it up here, seeing as the guy is now applying for admin.
I am someone that looks at rules and looks at that exactly, AFK means "Away From Keyboard" and most of the time in this context it is used: "Crouch walk to the [color] line wand AFK(Freeze) on arrival." So when you arrive at the line and it is said "AFK" instead of "AFK Freeze" you could argue (in my opinion) that just before you arrive you can press a button for taunting. If people say this than I will accept that but in my mind it is still possible. For non-JB players AFK Freeze means: "No moving, no usage of mouse, no taunting." so that is in definition different from AFK.

Time is one of the things I was worrying about that people might find it bad. I have been here since October 24th which means 2.4 weeks (2 weeks and 3 days) as of writing this message.

-*Very vague on how long he can be online during weekdays. Between finishing school and sleeping can be a 4-5 hour difference between other people depending on when you get out of school and when you sleep. Might be worth it to elaborate here and state exact hours per day.
I was vague because my school just announced our new schedule today I will edit it after this post and post EXACTLY when I get out of school and when I have things to do which prevent me from being online.

-Seems to have an unbiased and fair personality (minor, as this is only a presumption)
When someone does something against the rules I will treat them like I treat everyone else that breaks rules. To be more exact if I find out later after reading through rules again that I break a rule than I will be the first to punish/report myself. Just the same as I reported other people.

I've not spent any substantial time talking to you.

However, you took the time to help me with something as simple as an sm_msay bind. You insisted we joined an empty server so we could figure it out.

Your application looks fine to me, and if you are as kind and helpful to other strangers as you were with me, then I think you would make a pleasant admin.

I'm sure people will pull logs and such that will give us a better idea of your gameplay etc. I'll reserve recommendations until then.
I as a person believe that you should ALWAYS try to help out another organism (not just humans) if you can. If I were to be playing a game and someone asked me to help, I would stop playing as fast as possible and help.
If I were to be doing something really important in my own life I would try to help fast, or not at all if time is really not on my side that day. (don't worry won't happen often, only when I have been putting school aside for too long again)

But despite all my praise, since I have not interacted with you (much), I am not convinced enough to give you my full support. But as always:
If you want to interact with me you can always find me on discord or steam... I am online way to often.

Well... this was my post... going to edit my time schedule now.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
I'm tending to +support right now.
He's a friendly person with good english skills.

He might have not so many hours on TF2 but that honestly doesn't have to mean that much. I haven't seen him interacting much in-Game that's the main reason why I'm a bit undecided. But right now I have a good feeling.

(Don't judge him for the signature, I was teaching him a bit of Sony vegas and.... oh well..)

Wolfi

Truly Feared
I definitely have to say +Support
Even thought I have been on the forums that long I still think I would like to say that Lucas is a very friendly person who has taught me all about the rules which I didn't know about and has played jailbreak and deathrun with me for many hours. He has very good english skills. Also from what I have seen all his reports have been valid. My final point is that while I have been playing with him he has been inforcing rules and helping the community out.

In my conclusion I think he would make a great admin and a would help the community out well!

-Wolfi

Last edited:

Mortem

Notably Dangerous
Member Name Lucas

Name Lucas

Contact Information

Your Age 16

Location Netherlands, Limburg

Your SteamID [U:1:377312233]

Other Information

If Yes, which ones? None

Why do you want to become an admin?
I want to be able to help people better than I am currently able to. Right now I can use vote commands and I can record people breaking the rules, there are things that prevent that from happening sometimes thou.
TF2 doesn't have a perfect demo system, sometimes the demos crash before it shows the rule breaking.
I sometimes type "recod" or "recorf" etc. because I need to type fast to catch them in the act (a way to fix it would be to add a "TV" plugin).
The vote system is not perfect because people can avoid it by rejoining, sometimes people have a lot of friends online and they can vote no and make it not work.
I can always ask online admins to come and help but sometimes it is too late for that and damage has already been done.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If you think I don't know you than please tell me, As I am mentioning below I don’t know when...

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
  • Monday: 8 AM/9:30 AM (1 of the two, my school is doing weird) - 11:30 AM, 4 PM - 10:30 PM
  • Tuesday: 3 PM - 10:30 PM
  • Wednesday: 4PM - 10:30 PM
  • Thursday: 4/5 PM - 5:30 PM, 7 PM - 10:30 PM
  • Friday**: 8 AM - 9:30 AM, 2:30 PM - 7:30 PM, 10:20 PM - 3 AM
  • Saturday*: 8/11 AM - 3 AM
  • Sunday*: 8/11 AM - 10:30 PM
Every day ofcourse I have to eat dinner but that is diferent every day and will take 30 mins max.
Even when doing homework I will be able to spectate a server or be online for when people need my help and take a quick break.
*: it depends on when I wake up. I wake up from 7-11.
**: before school and after school, from 8-10 PM I am busy with an organisation I work with.

Remember that all these times are in CET(+1/2)

On what servers do you usually play?
  • Jailbreak: Europe, NY, LA
  • Deathrun: 176.57.141.143:27330, 176.57.142.90:27045 (whichever I see first, both EU because on US I don’t trust my ping for Deathrun but if needed I can go there)
  • VSH: 176.57.141.143:27115. Or any other when I am playing with someone else.
  • The Hidden: 176.57.141.9:27080. Only when there are people online (which at the moment isn’t much

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I am anti-social, which basically means I don't understand people fast (some other things too but don't want to go into it to much)
I am not able to notice how other people see me. I don't know if they think of me as a friend, acquaintance, someone they know or whatever.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
  • Hacker: If I have proof (s)he is hacking I will give him/her a permanent ban him/her because if you hack you have to face the consequences.
  • Spammer: I will start with warning them to stop (mic)spamming so they still have a chance to stop. If they don't stop I will start with a 30 mins ban, after that I will go higher.
  • Simple Rule breaker: Here it depends on the rule,
  • Being disrespectful to another person is not okay, I will give them a warning and after that a 30 min mute/gag (depends on if they use mic or chat)
  • When not speaking English in voice chat: I will give them a warning and if they continue a 30 min mute, if they do it again it will be for longer.
  • If you use a "inappropriate" or "offensive" spray: I will warn them and I will write that person down (steam Id) If I see them do it again I will ban them for 2 hours)
  • For exploiting maps: I will give them a warning, I did it myself once but I didn't know. I was told and am grateful for that so I will give people a warning first.
  • Ghosting (in games which you can ghost): I will warn them and if they continue I will kick them, If they do it times after that again I will give them a 1 hour ban.
  • Round delay: I will slay them (for dodgeball that means the game goes further and for JB/Deathrun/VSH that will mean the game will end).

EDIT: Made it look nicer (in my opinion).
EDIT2: Another change in how it looks.
EDIT3: Fixed the Steam ID
EDIT4: Way to many edits... Added the word "day" to when I can play.
EDIT5: Edited time to be more precise
Good luck m8. +support

Last edited:

Ellen Degeneres

Scarcely Lethal

Katsup

i don't know if my opinion matters but overall i'd say +Support because i have seen you in-game and you seem well behaved and you seem to know the rules and looks like you put a lot of effort in your admin application.
You also have very good English for living in the Netherlands

Contact Information
but you left the contact information empty.. I don't know if this is a mistake but people have to be able to contact you somehow (I'm almost positive this is a mistake)

If Yes, which ones? None
Plus you don't have any experience but everyone has to start somewhere plus a lot of people are familiar with the admin commands, you get use to them very quickly and they usually cross across games.

Ghosting (in games which you can ghost): I will warn them and if they continue I will kick them, If they do it times after that again I will give them a 1 hour ban.
so with this you would give them a warning, and if they stop then good but if they don't its a gag.
(I won't blame you much for this one if you aren't familiar with the admin commands, btw gag is for chat and mute is for mic)

You seem to know a lot of admins too, so if you do need any help one of them should be likely online to help you with the commands if you do need any help in the first place.

your positives overcome your negatives by a lot in my opinion, plus your negatives can be fixed with a little bit of time and some problems I could probably even help you with.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
(I won't blame you much for this one if you aren't familiar with the admin commands, btw gag is for chat and mute is for mic)
Most of the ghosting I have seen where in chat.
but you left the contact information empty.. I don't know if this is a mistake but people have to be able to contact you somehow (I'm almost positive this is a mistake)
The admin app didn't have a field for that.
All admins know how to contact me. I am on discord all day when online and my steam is not private so yeah.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

First of all I would like to say you are a good guy, and seem to love jailbreak a lot and you are definitely have good intentions when in the game.

Pros:

- Good application
- Active in-game
- Active with Reports
- Knows plenty of admins
- Active in Discord (Do you ever leave?)

Cons:

- Very few issues with rules, most recent was about AFK Frozen, but wasn't anything major so don't hold it against him. Grizzly explained above.
- Those annoying binds you have for definitions of each rule, I personally find them irritating, and you shouldn't need to have them as its the players job to go read the rules and every round someone says "AFK Frozen" we get the definition in chat etc. Not sure on how others feel about it, but it's just not needed in my opinion.
- Tries to argue a lot because he thinks he needs to. Example 1: http://prntscr.com/dl9h76
If you want more examples talk to @MiyukiMouse or @Grizzly when Grizzly did a report, Lucas questioned Dirakia about it, which seemed a bit unfair on him.
- Seems to be causing a lot of trouble with admins when they are doing there jobs, questioning what they are doing. Talk to @MiyukiMouse or myself for that.

Overall you are a great player and you love JB, so +support ~Neutral from me.

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

- Those annoying binds you have for definitions of each rule, I personally find them irritating, and you shouldn't need to have them as its the players job to go read the rules and every round someone says "AFK Frozen" we get the definition in chat etc. Not sure on how others feel about it, but it's just not needed in my opinion.
Too be honest, I rather have people binding the rules to explain things than silly binds with Lenny faces and such. c:

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
Cant even be bothered to read it. But I looked at the comments and saw a bunch of green stuff. so Im guessing it looks good right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom