Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Herobrine24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
Member Name Herobrine24

Name Andreas

Contact Information

Your Age 14

Location Germany

Your SteamID
steamID: STEAM_0:1:92137613
steamID3: [U:1:184275227]
steamID64: 76561198144540955

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones?
MultiPhrix - A Team Fortress 2 Community that closed last year

A Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer Mod Roleplaying Server

3 Minecraft Servers - once as an Admin and twice as a CoOwner, setting up the PlugIn's

Why do you want to become an admin?
I've noticed, that a lot of admins don't want to moderate Jailbreak. I've played Jailbreak for almost 2 years now and have moderated a Jailbreak Server too. I'm immune to Jailbreak Cancer, which only 1-2 current admins are

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Ice, Melonious, ๖ۣۜBassianus, Noodl, Timo, DasMalzbier, Buster, ProvidedTimmy, NotNotchSilly, Darthie, Frama, Ramy, Tomato Kat, Olaf, mrphil2105, Loldielol, 2010wolf, Arcalium, Surny, Dirakia, Sparks Thuderfur, ThePianoFighter, darkarcher1, DocThor, Spartan, Winter, Benedevil

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I'm usually available from 16:00-22:00 on workdays
Day off's from 10:00-23:00
(Central European Time)

On what servers do you usually play? Blackwonder | Jailbreak 176.57.142.90:27050

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I'm experienced with SourceMod and TF2Jail Commands and Cvars.
I'm very experienced with Jailbreak.
I often use bans.blackwonder.tf to tell others why and how long they are banned if they don't know.
I'm ready to help anyone with anything.
I record demos most of the time when I play on Blackwonder Servers

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
Hacker
: Record for evidence -> PermaBan

Spammer: If he doesnt spam always: give him a Warning -> Gag/Mute -> Longer Gag/Mute -> Permaent Gag/Mute
Or if he is rapidly spamming Gag/Mute -> longer Gag/Mute -> Permanent Gag/Mute

Warden Command Abusing: Slay+Warning -> Slay+Warning -> Ban/GuardBan

Freekiller: Slay+Warning+Respawn Freekilled -> Ban/GuardBan
MassFreekiller: Ban ->Permanent Ban/GuardBan

Guard Favoritism on JB: Warning -> Slay(if last guard give a Warning)+Warning -> Ban/GuardBan

Sentry on Blue on Jailbreak: /destroy @all + Slay (If /destroy command not present: Slay -> Ban/GuardBan)

Warden without a Mic : Ask to use the Mic (next step if not available)-> Move to Red+Warning -> Ban/GuardBan (If unwardening after MicCheck: Ban/GuardBan)
(Do MicChecks when there's a lot of N00Bish names with no profile picture or when nobody goes Warden for 2 times)

MicChecks: Announce on previous round -> /lockcells (lock Celldoor Controls and timer)(Freeze Red if Map has escape methods in Cells) + /lw (LockWarden) -> Ask in Scoreboard order to use their mic(if not used ask again, if still not used move to Red)->After MicCheck /ulw (unlockWarden)(Unfreeze if Map has escape methods in Cells) + /unlockcells (unlock Celldoor Controls) (open cells after 30 seconds if nobody goes warden) (-> if micless person joins Blu again: Ban/GuardBan)

Cloaking/Disguising: Warning -> Slay -> Ban/GuardBan

Delaying: Warning -> Slay -> Slay -> Ban

Talking over the Warden: Short Mute -> Normal Mute -> Long Mute

Camping: Warning -> Wait 10 seconds -> Slay -> Wait 5 Seconds -> Slay -> Ban

Disrespecting: Warning -> Gag/Mute -> Longer Gag/Mute -> Permanent Gag/Mute

Ghosting: Warning -> Gag/Mute -> Longer Gag/Mute -> Permanent Gag/Mute

If an Admin is causing trouble: Start Recording -> Talk to him (next step if not solved)-> Warn about consequences -> Collect evidence -> Notify of Report (next step if admin doesn't explain his actions)-> Report

Last edited by a moderator:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

I've known you for quite some time now and I basically always see you on the server. (jailbreak that is) You always seem to know the rules really well and I know and can see that you've read the rules through really well.
I also 100% agree with the ban times that's exactly like what I'd do. Also you really do seem like a nice person and I'd see you as a good admin so for me it's +Support. Good luck with your app!

#MakeJailbreakGreatAgain :p

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Let's set this straight:
What makes you a good admin is your activity on the servers and forum. Your overall knowledge is also a good point of you.

But... there is one thing that you lack of and thus are not suited as an admin:
Good Attitude.
You are sometimes disrespectful towards admins, you sometimes don't understand that your opinion is not wanted and lastly, you don't even seem to notice that of all the people on the forum, you are the one with the most negative ratings.
And you still try to become an admin?
Sorry dude, but I have to say NO

Winter

Protector of the Realm
I do not have any vote, but just a comment.

Do you know any of our current staff members?

I highly doubt "know" in this context means "have seen" or "talk to", instead I'm fairly certain that it requires having interacted for a fairly good amount of time with the person you are referencing, since we - the admins - can then speak to the people referenced for insight into your personality. So please do not populate that question with just random admins that you do not know to a good extent.

Just a heads up.

Other than that, I honestly feel like the application is stale, the only reason we get for you being an admin is because you want to moderate Jailbreak, but we are looking for admins to hold many responsibilities, moderating is just one of them.

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
I do not have any vote, but just a comment.

I highly doubt "know" in this context means "have seen" or "talk to", instead I'm fairly certain that it requires having interacted for a fairly good amount of time with the person you are referencing, since we - the admins - can then speak to the people referenced for insight into your personality. So please do not populate that question with just random admins that you do not know to a good extent.

Just a heads up.

Other than that, I honestly feel like the application is stale, the only reason we get for you being an admin is because you want to moderate Jailbreak, but we are looking for admins to hold many responsibilities, moderating is just one of them.
Ofcourse i'm going to moderate all the servers and the forum but Jailbreak is the biggest problem of all.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Sigh.... here we go.... again
Is herobrine a good guy? Yes...
is he mature?
don't know.... don't think so.
Does he help out the community?
usually with reports, yes, but so far he hasn't made solid reports AKA demos.

-----------------------
So far... the app is pretty okay-ish... except ONE REALLY STUPID PART...
Ice, Melonious, ๖ۣۜBassianus, Noodl, Timo, DasMalzbier, Buster, ProvidedTimmy, NotNotchSilly, Darthie, Frama, Ramy, Tomato Kat, Olaf, mrphil2105, Loldielol, 2010wolf, Arcalium, Surny, Dirakia, Sparks Thuderfur, ThePianoFighter, darkarcher1, DocThor, Spartan, Winter, Benedevil

Mate... What?
Winter just joined like 2 days ago, and surny doesn't even go online that much...
and.. WHO? RAMY? ramy doesn't go online on the forums that much as well.
Ice... ice doesn't even play TF2 that much, in fact he is an admin on CS:GO

you just "immaturely" copy pasted all the admins names in there....

-----------------------
Honestly, You are a good guy.... you help us by making reports... but...
The amount of lenny faces that you spam or make after almost every comment is just too much...
and yes even i do the lenny faces, but i don't just spam them all the time.

And you act most of the time immaturely as well, and sometimes you are... weird?

for example of your ... weirdness?
today at the darthie report, you completely ignored what tomatokat said...
Also, i highly recommend you to not interfere with reports unless you have anything useful to say, we're not blind.
and then you started saying that tomato said that you can't comment on a report.... like... you left out the MOST IMPORTANT (which i just highlighted with red) part of what he said... why? why did you magically forget or not see that part?

it's just... weird...
-----------------------
My vote is going to be NO

TL;DR
Again. herobrine is a good person and he helps the community, yet his immaturity puts him and us on risk, i simply won't trust someone with such maturity in our servers....
especially on a jailbreak server.

Yes you may say "dude this is a video game, it doesn't matter if i put lenny faces"
well.. if you are going to become an admin IT DOES matter.

I hope you will be more mature next time... i don't know when the next time is going to be tho. maybe then you will be even more mature...
using lenny faces less than you already do.
being... not weird by ignoring or not seeing the most important part of a thread... (tomatokat part in this post)
and generally being immature enough...
Ya.
Good luck dude.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Maybe have the application to be for Jailbreak-Moderator instead of admin? And consider from there on if Benedevil feels like to think about it.
I mean, if his main purpose is to clean out the Jailbreak server and that's mostly the only server he is on.
But I have to agree with the fact that an admin has to be mature enough to handle cases as an adult with seriousness, because admins are the big repressentation of a community.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

I'm genuinely somewhat torn here. An opinion that most of you may not expect from me.

There's a few issues to raise:
  • I don't believe you're 26, not even for a second.
  • You're only interactions with me has been me mostly tearing up your threads to some degree. Same applies to most of those you listed to know. The question kinda infers 'know' on a more personal level than just that we exist etc - Has Surny or Tom (DocThor) even interacted on the servers/forum this month?.
  • Forum maturity seems to range from somewhat acceptable, to below that of a toddler (cue the facethread, where I had to delete about 4 of your posts for using the same old troll facepost) - your signature is a sunglasses lenny and 'Boobs' made from emojis. Maybe I'm too intolerant of lennies and shitty memes. Unlikely.
  • Admins represent the authority of the community. As such, you must be a respected figurehead. I question whether or not you are that.
  • You've been reporting many people recently, including using demos and specific ticks, and you actually are aware of the rules of the server.
  • My mind would question if your judgement for applying sanctions would be reasonable.
  • Having a JB admin would be useful. I'd pitch the idea of limiting your administrator powers solely to Jailbreak.
  • Can't fault you at all for not being active enough, or actively helping to control the server via report threads.
Figured this thread warranted a reply. No vote. Just a two cents type of post. While the way you acted on the forums, maturity wise, has risen exponentially in the last week or so I cannot comment about in game.
Admin logs are installed and functional, I wouldn't be against trial running him, and keeping close observation, perhaps with an alt account here or there, and a bit of bait.

I'm interested how discussion in this thread will go.
@2010wolf | Blw.tf (still dumb to tag) - learn how to tl;dr your posts.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Maybe have the application to be for Jailbreak-Moderator instead of admin? And consider from there on if Benedevil feels like to think about it.
I mean, if his main purpose is to clean out the Jailbreak server and that's mostly the only server he is on.
But I have to agree with the fact that an admin has to be mature enough to handle cases as an adult with seriousness, because admins are the big repressentation of a community.
This seems like a great idea to me I think that would be really good especially for Herobrine24 mainly because that's his home pretty much so he knows a lot about it and sometimes jailbreak could be very chaotic

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Sigh.... here we go.... again
Is herobrine a good guy? Yes...
is he mature?
don't know.... don't think so.
Does he help out the community?
usually with reports, yes, but so far he hasn't made solid reports AKA demos.

-----------------------
So far... the app is pretty okay-ish... except ONE REALLY STUPID PART...

Mate... What?
Winter just joined like 2 days ago, and surny doesn't even go online that much...
and.. WHO? RAMY? ramy doesn't go online on the forums that much as well.
Ice... ice doesn't even play TF2 that much, in fact he is an admin on CS:GO

you just "immaturely" copy pasted all the admins names in there....

-----------------------
Honestly, You are a good guy.... you help us by making reports... but...
The amount of lenny faces that you spam or make after almost every comment is just too much...
and yes even i do the lenny faces, but i don't just spam them all the time.

And you act most of the time immaturely as well, and sometimes you are... weird?

for example of your ... weirdness?
today at the darthie report, you completely ignored what tomatokat said...

and then you started saying that tomato said that you can't comment on a report.... like... you left out the MOST IMPORTANT (which i just highlighted with red) part of what he said... why? why did you magically forget or not see that part?

it's just... weird...
-----------------------
My vote is going to be NO

TL;DR
Again. herobrine is a good person and he helps the community, yet his immaturity puts him and us on risk, i simply won't trust someone with such maturity in our servers....
especially on a jailbreak server.

Yes you may say "dude this is a video game, it doesn't matter if i put lenny faces"
well.. if you are going to become an admin IT DOES matter.

I hope you will be more mature next time... i don't know when the next time is going to be tho. maybe then you will be even more mature...
using lenny faces less than you already do.
being... not weird by ignoring or not seeing the most important part of a thread... (tomatokat part in this post)
and generally being immature enough...
Ya.
Good luck dude.

I 2nd this, again you don't really communicate with me a lot, so don't know why I am up on there.

To know an admin is to have them on your Steam friends list, that's how I see things any way.

Sorry, It's a No from me.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
This application is a lot better. You have improved lots. However I do not personally know you that well and can't say anything about you. I'm sticking with the majority. Good luck though !!!

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

This application is a lot better. You have improved lots. However I do not personally know you that well and can't say anything about you. I'm sticking with the majority. Good luck though !!!
I'm pretty sure you can't do that anymore just do +Support or -Support it's up to you

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

May I suggest instead of making a new admin application everytime, because note that this is your 3th one in 2 months of being on the forum. That you start talking to those admins that you put upon your application. The names you have to give of the admins you know are basically the recommendations, and as I read, after 2 months around, some still don't know who you are but "the guy that makes reports". Naming people as your recommendation have to vow for you and at the moment, they aren't able as they don't really know you.
Also another tip I can give is to listen if an admins says something, if you disagree, you can talk about it but maybe it's better to go privat instead of derailing the post. As for this, I'm refering to the report of past week.

And I can understand most people are unable to believe your age to be real is because your attitude. I thought you were like 14-16 years old or so just because of your behavior on the forum. Maybe this should ring a bell to you to start acting more maturelly. As an admin, you have to be the repressentation of the community. Whatever happens in off-topic is not that important, but overall, you have to show that you can be mature and respectfull towards everyone (admins, players, owner, ...) so that actually applies to your chatlog on the servers.

Just my two cents here. Up to you if you want to take my idea/help/tips.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I'm pretty sure you can't do that anymore just do +Support or -Support it's up to you

...We still don't have a rule that states that you should give +Support or -Support. What I need is opinions. If I wanted votes, I'd add a poll to each admin application. Even if the grand majority of the admins say "Yes" to a person, it's still possible that I will decline.
Votes are not counted.

@Herobrine24, as @MiyukiMouse stated, it is still not very credible that you are in the age you specified. I appreciate all the help from your reports and all the suggestions you make. However as @Noodl stated, as an admin you represent the community.

This is your chatlog: https://stats.blackwonder.tf/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=53462
Although it's one month old, I'm sure not much has changed over the course of time.

Lets say you are 26 years of age. Then I would immediantely decline this application, since it is absolutely not normal for a 26 year old to act like that. However I would understand it more if you were a bit younger.
My worries when accepting a 26 year old admin with this behaviour is that people will look down on the community. Things like "You declined me but accepted this guy?" would pop up. These people are absoloutley correct, because why would someone that is apparently 26 years of age spam lenny binds and say the things that you can read in your chatlog.
Don't get me wrong, I like silly things and memes as well at times. But with you it seems like you don't know your boundaries. "#MakeJailbreakGreatAgain"? Is it really that funny? The aforementioned BOOBS made out of emoticons?

I'm not an employer or anything and being an admin doesn't earn you anything, but if you were to apply for a real job, do you think someone would accept you with the background information of you I just stated?
It pains me that I can't accept someone as active as you.
You'd probably make a great admin if you were just maturer.

Here is the final question: Are you really 26 years of age?
If yes, why do you behave so weirdly?
If not, why did you live with this lie? There is no shame of being nine, ten or eleven years old. Young people can become admins too.

Don't be ashamed to answer, no one will start pointing fingers and laugh at you.

Long story short, I can't accept a presumably 26 year old person, that has not quite reached the level of maturity that you'd expect from him.
I could however understand it if you were younger, since we all were kids at one point and we all were stupid/unknowledgeable.

I hope you understand my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom