Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Ben289

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Yes, I did apologise for this, and everyone accepted the apology that was on at the time and there was no further disagreements at this point.

However I re-read the rules to find multiple issues which me and Grizzly have noticed which has caused confusion on Jailbreak which is why I had thought this. A few of the rules which have been swimming around currently are as followed:

1) Warden can give orders till 9 minutes and if he doesn't at that point then it's freeday.
2) The one stated above which I was confused about. "Freedays can't follow blus and this was classed as forced baiting."
3) Blu guards can't kill people on freeday if they are last guard.

So yes, I do apologise for this due to confusion. However by saying "Wanka" begins to enforce the rules instantly doesn't mean I am the source, it just shows the amount of confusion as there is lack of understanding from most people on rules as there are few admins who don't understand the rules and this rule I was confused about is one of many which is actually spoke about.

For example:

VXNKh2h.png

Another un-written rule of jailbreak which must be abided, but because of a current admin saying it, this causes confusion, now I aren't trying to get Miyuki in trouble here, however you can see how confusion comes around within Jailbreak...

And as Cosmo never wants to record when I tell someone the correct rules of Jailbreak, or mute someone spamming, slay someone freekilling, one or two mistakes shouldn't mean that I am any worse than some other admin, as everyone makes mistakes.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I'm fairly sure I've been told before by someone that following a guard is KOS, and judging by what Cosmo said, that would make me innocent and the person who forged this rule guilty, yes? Now I'm only gonna suggest this because I don't know for certain, but what if Ben was also told the same thing? There are a lot of unclear rules that seem to be applied anyway and this may be another case of this. I don't want to get too involved seeing as I'm probably looked at as a biased source, but it would be nice to have a bit more clarity in some areas.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

> You can't be in melee range of Guards on a freeday for all. The "no following longer than 10 seconds rule" was by an ex-admin who made up rules as he went, so doesn't get applied. If they get into your melee range, then they are baiting (only on freedays) If they try to attack with a projectile, they are rebelling.
> If celldoors are opened by Guards, Warden can still give out orders and people have to listen. If it's the Warden himself opening the celldoors, then he is trying to troll or cause chaos. Any Warden that does this or any Guard that is griefing by opening the celldoors without Warden his permission should be reported in as they are griefing.

If we have to write every single rule down and every possible griefing, then the thread will be too long for people to even bother reading it.

Reactions: Amy

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

> You can't be in melee range of Guards on a freeday for all. The "no following longer than 10 seconds rule" was by an ex-admin who made up rules as he went, so doesn't get applied. If they get into your melee range, then they are baiting (only on freedays) If they try to attack with a projectile, they are rebelling.
> If celldoors are opened by Guards, Warden can still give out orders and people have to listen. If it's the Warden himself opening the celldoors, then he is trying to troll or cause chaos. Any Warden that does this or any Guard that is griefing by opening the celldoors without Warden his permission should be reported in as they are griefing.

If we have to write every single rule down and every possible griefing, then the thread will be too long for people to even bother reading it.

You can see how the confusion came around though, and if a admin does say it, you believe it which has happened to me like many others. You also say I freekilled however this confirms I didn't actually freekill, he was in melee range and Grizzly attacked someone.

And maybe certain rules do need to be shown, such as the guards opening cells and when warden can give orders since it's different on most servers?

Last edited:

Sakuya

Trickster
You can see how the confusion came around though. And maybe certain rules do need to be shown, such as the guards opening cells and when warden can give orders since it's different on most servers?
Ben there is already a rule in the Jailbreak Rules that says "No Griefing" we do not need to put specifically that "Blues cannot open cell doors" since in that rule it does say that Blues need the wardens approval to hit any button. If they do not follow that than it is griefing. Nothing more than that.
Wardens can give orders as soon as the round starts up until 9. Once it's 9 and no orders have been given than it is a freeday. It is NOT a freeday if you guard opens the cells or if warden accidentally opens the cell doors.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Ben there is already a rule in the Jailbreak Rules that says "No Griefing" we do not need to put specifically that "Blues cannot open cell doors" since in that rule it does say that Blues need the wardens approval to hit any button. If they do not follow that than it is griefing. Nothing more than that.
Wardens can give orders as soon as the round starts up until 9. Once it's 9 and no orders have been given than it is a freeday. It is NOT a freeday if you guard opens the cells or if warden accidentally opens the cell doors.
I believe his point was that this wasn't stated in the rules anywhere. I think Miyuki's addition covers that oversight now though.

Sakuya

Trickster
I believe his point was that this wasn't stated in the rules anywhere. I think Miyuki's addition covers that oversight now though.
Grizzly it technically is stated in the rules just the problem is with some people, they skim through the rules which results in them having a very poor memory of the rules and also overlooking some important rules (not saying you or ben do that).

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I was more specifying that we should clearly state that the warden has until 9 minutes to give orders unless it is freeday regardless or griefing etc.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

> Active on Forum
> Good reports
> Knows the rules
> Jailbreak
> Friendly
> Helpfull
After I played and payed more attention. I noticed that knowing the rules is there, but not fully. I witnessed some moments where "rules" were mentioned that were untrue. Also I'm not recieving any reports over Steam anymore, neither do I see any on the forum but the one that you made.
You are still willingly to help and you are friendly. But for me that's not good enough. I want proof that it's serious.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

After I played and payed more attention. I noticed that knowing the rules is there, but not fully. I witnessed some moments where "rules" were mentioned that were untrue. Also I'm not recieving any reports over Steam anymore, neither do I see any on the forum but the one that you made.
You are still willingly to help and you are friendly. But for me that's not good enough. I want proof that it's serious.

The rules issue was clarified quite a bit ago, and since then I have had no further issues apart from when we were talking about someone teamkilling on blu, and someone was trying to get him slain due to it not being his fault, which we sorted out. Also I haven't been on when a major issue has occured where I need to file a report, the only ones that have been is the odd mic spam which I have been able to resolve myself, so I don't need a reason to bring you on the server where I can just votemute someone. I aren't going to bring you or another admin on if it is not required due to donors being technically able to team ban now anyway.

Also, I haven't been on much over the weekend due to me and Grizzly having a bit of time on other games due to him being at his mams house with a good computer so rocket league, overwatch etc were good choices.

Winter

Protector of the Realm
FireHostRedux - Currently host these for a friend/develop them.

You say that you are currently hosting and developing for a friend, are you sure you will have enough time to moderate on our servers taking that in to consideration as well as other life stuff?

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

You say that you are currently hosting and developing for a friend, are you sure you will have enough time to moderate on our servers taking that in to consideration as well as other life stuff?

I mostly do this work while at school on my free periods, so yes, I will have plenty of time as I rarely do any of that work at home.

Darky

Unremarkable

Kat

My Opinion, Just like everyone else has their own,
Ben is a great player, that has NEVER broken any rules when i was around, as i don't know about the previous Days without me being there, i can't say anything really, people can lie sometimes about Freekillers, and have no proof, But to me he seems like a pretty active player mostly on jailbreak, which is hard to control, but in my opinion Ben can actually put everyone in place, I do believe that Ben would be quite a good admin, this is why i +Support his Application. :)

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Welcome to the team Fake ben c: The only thing that I'd like to emphasize is that you should ask one of the regular JB admins about JB rules before enforcing a perhaps non-existent rule. If you do not agree with certain rules, we are always flexible enough to discuss them.
Other than that, hope we will have a great times together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom