Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Ben289

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Member Name Ben289

Name Ben

Contact Information www.steamcommunity.com/id/coolx

Your Age 16

Location Cumbria, England

Your SteamID [U:1:88335325]

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones?
PBFortress - Jailbreak EU #1/#2/#3
CookiesAndBread - These were a friends but failed miserably.
HoovyRaffles - These were mine
FireHostRedux - Currently host these for a friend/develop them.

Why do you want to become an admin? I want to be an admin for BlackWonder because I believe I can be a good asset to the administrative team as I have extensive knowledge in Jailbreak and administrating servers. It is likely that I will continue what I currently am doing, which is playing on the jailbreak servers, but I am happy to assist on any other servers if required, but we all know that Jailbreak is the worst for people breaking the rules, so it is likely most of my time will be spent there.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Miyuki
Amy
Viking
Sakuya
Frama

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

All times are GMT+0
Weekdays: 4PM - 10PM
Weekends: 12PM - 12AM

On what servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak EU

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I am the real Ben! I enjoy playing TF2, Overwatch and Smite currently. Teamspeak3 > Discord

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?

Freekilling - Warning on first offence, 1 hour guard ban on second offence, if it continues after that, I will have to consider multiple hours, but this depends on the knowledge of jailbreak etc.

Mic Spam/Chat Spam - 30 minute mute/gag, if continues I will extend the amount of time, especially if they understand they are doing it.

Hacking - Perma ban. They clearly understand what they are doing, and there is no place for them in BlackWonder. Demo will be recorded if they think they can appeal there ban.

General Rule Breaking - Punishment depending on the crime. If they are being disrespectful, gag or mute etc.

(Jailbreak has many rules, and it would be impossible to give you examples of all of them, so those are the basic ones.)

Last edited:

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Looks gud to me o3o
Hope it's okay for normal members to also answer applications xD

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
Oh look, a GOOD application from an ACTIVE player who actual does things like reports and such.
Basically means it looks good. Good luck to you in being applied friend.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Do I know you? No.

Does your application looks good? Yes.

Your application is good, as is your English. People seem to like you, you are active and apply to a server where admin are needed.

Yet, I will stay NEUTRAL to hear the opinions of other people, but I am tending to give you my SUPPORT

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Player is active, friendly and is aware of most rules, though there has recently been a surge of evidence showing he's not completely familiar with all of them after all. If accepted, I urge you to do a quick re-read of the new JB rules.

I agree with his punishment policy for the most part, but the 'general rule breaking' section is a bit abstract.

'Drama-factor' is above average, unfortunately, he doesn't always understand when to back out of an argument or ignore it entirely, leading to off-topic derailments or unnecessary insults...

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Basically the same as Grizzly. Can't really go wrong with you two huh. Do you guys know each other irl?
If the jailbreak admins, since they have the most insight are fine with you guys I most certainly won't have a problem. -smile- If future applications will look like the currently pending ones we won't hear more "there are no admins online"..

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Basically the same as Grizzly. Can't really go wrong with you two huh. Do you guys know each other irl?
If the jailbreak admins, since they have the most insight are fine with you guys I most certainly won't have a problem. -smile- If future applications will look like the currently pending ones we won't hear more "there are no admins online"..

Just so happens we go to the same School. :p

Sakuya

Trickster
Hello Ben hope you're doing well. To begin your admin application is well, it s very brief which usually is not well but it gives us the needed info. I would like if you gave us more info on yourself because we would like to get to know our fellow admins more!
I have spoken with you for a little while, not so much that we know each other very much. Usually its just you calling me in to resolve an issue or we're in the same discord channel, nothing much more.
In-game you're well-behaved. Your manners are nice and players respect you which is well. It is a plus that you're active on the servers (and the forums cannot forget that) especially jailbreak which is very demanding. The only problem I have ever experienced from you is revealing me as an admin if I am trying to hide from a rule breaker to catch them in the act. Its not really bad for doing that but it screws our chances of us catching them doing it in person so we advise to not burnout an admin in hiding.
Above all Ben you're a trustworthy person who fits holding the title as admin. I believe you have the skills needed and you will be an excellent admin. So obviously I am supporting you and Ben, good luck.
Sak out!

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Hello Ben hope you're doing well. To begin your admin application is well, it s very brief which usually is not well but it gives us the needed info. I would like if you gave us more info on yourself because we would like to get to know our fellow admins more!
I have spoken with you for a little while, not so much that we know each other very much. Usually its just you calling me in to resolve an issue or we're in the same discord channel, nothing much more.
In-game you're well-behaved. Your manners are nice and players respect you which is well. It is a plus that you're active on the servers (and the forums cannot forget that) especially jailbreak which is very demanding. The only problem I have ever experienced from you is revealing me as an admin if I am trying to hide from a rule breaker to catch them in the act. Its not really bad for doing that but it screws our chances of us catching them doing it in person so we advise to not burnout an admin in hiding.
Above all Ben you're a trustworthy person who fits holding the title as admin. I believe you have the skills needed and you will be an excellent admin. So obviously I am supporting you and Ben, good luck.
Sak out!

Nothing much interesting about me to be honest. I've been playing TF2 for about 4 years, and been part of communities for about 3 years of them. I decided to make my own community and I have had 3. Hoovy Raffles, which I let die off. Cookies and Bread which I was given and it was bad when I got and did my best. And currently another one going at the moment which I developer and host. I currently have a server in Germany and Texas, which I am hosting some TF2 servers on and beginning to develop a hosting company called FireHostRedux. Apart from that I play Smite and Overwatch with my buddy ol' chum, ol' friend ol' pal Grizzly. I am currently in 6th Form taking IT, Media and Business which at the moment is boring. Nothing much else to tell tbh.

Amy

#Wilde
Ben i don't know you that well but i know you well enough to rate your app :)

+ Well written
+ Active
+ Friendly
+ Knows the rules
- Don't know you that well :p

Good luck Ben! As of now i will stay Neutral since i know i disagreed with you on some things.

Last edited:

Cosmo

Mildly Menacing
*THIS IS MY OPINION AND ONLY MINE, NOT FACTS*
This is not a report, not a compliant. just me saying what I have experienced with this person.

So basically, I was playing Jailbreak this morning. warden gave us orders, we follow them. a demoman in my cell is kos (Kill on Sight, jailbreak term).for some reason, so Ben decides to kill the demoman with his melee. he comes inside of my cell (for any non-jailbreak players, this is bait) to kill the demoman. I turn around to hit him because he is baiting, then I go back to following orders as soon as he leaves my cell. a few seconds go by, he comes back into my cell and kills me for hitting him.
Now let's ignore the fact that he's a donor and applying to become an admin on this server which he doesn't know the rules of, ( I did tell him it is bait, he said it is not). He continues this behavior by lying to the admin and saying he was never inside of my cell.
Now here is my question if anyone thinks I am wrong here, how do you kill a person next to me (we were hugging the wall as a command by the warden) with a melee, without being in my cell?

TL;DR Freekills, lies to admins, does not know rules
I am not trying to start drama at all, I am just saying my opinion about this person becoming admin. Now of course I will get a lot of hate for this, but people need to know what kind of person they are considering trusting and giving power to manage other people.
-SUPPORT from me.
Again, this is not a report. just me saying my opinion about this player becoming an admin for this community.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

*THIS IS MY OPINION AND ONLY MINE, NOT FACTS*
This is not a report, not a compliant. just me saying what I have experienced with this person.

So basically, I was playing Jailbreak this morning. warden gave us orders, we follow them. a demoman in my cell is kos (Kill on Sight, jailbreak term).for some reason, so Ben decides to kill the demoman with his melee. he comes inside of my cell (for any non-jailbreak players, this is bait) to kill the demoman. I turn around to hit him because he is baiting, then I go back to following orders as soon as he leaves my cell. a few seconds go by, he comes back into my cell and kills me for hitting him.
Now let's ignore the fact that he's a donor and applying to become an admin on this server which he doesn't know the rules of, ( I did tell him it is bait, he said it is not). He continues this behavior by lying to the admin and saying he was never inside of my cell.
Now here is my question if anyone thinks I am wrong here, how do you kill a person next to me (we were hugging the wall as a command by the warden) with a melee, without being in my cell?

TL;DR Freekills, lies to admins, does not know rules
I am not trying to start drama at all, I am just saying my opinion about this person becoming admin. Now of course I will get a lot of hate for this, but people need to know what kind of person they are considering trusting and giving power to manage other people.
-SUPPORT from me.
Again, this is not a report. just me saying my opinion about this player becoming an admin for this community.

This is partially true, however you turned around while I was on the walk way of the cells and proceeded to move towards me, as I was no longer baiting, and not in the cell, there was no need to try and kill me. So I was baiting, yes, however I had stopped baiting when you attempted to hit me, so when you did attack it was not baiting and I had a reason to kill you.

Edit: I never disagreed it was baiting, I disagreed with you that I freekilled.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

α΄„ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ Ι’ΙͺΚ€ΚŸ

MECHA-G

Cool, I get to reply to these now. I don't know you personally, Ben, and I haven't seen you in-game (mostly because I don't play on JB), so I'm going to stay NEUTRAL on this one. However, seeing as you appear to be applying for the position of admin specifically to help on JB, I'd say you'd make a good addition to the team. You might want to edit your app and fill in the "Other Information" section, though. Tell us a little about yourself, what your hobbies and interests are for example. It's always nice to get to know somebody a little better. ;)

[Edit:] In light of @Cosmo 's latest response to the thread as well as personal experience with Ben in-game, I've decided to change my verdict to -SUPPORT. Misinterpreting our rules and now even fabricating new ones does not a good admin make. Cosmo has pointed out several issues he's had and even I got into a debate with Ben over instructions he gave as Warden, resulting essentially in a mass freekill.

@Ben289 , if you are seriously considering becoming an admin solely for the sake of moderating JB, then please read the rules. Thoroughly. Enforcing rules is encouraged, but only if those rules actually exist.

Last edited:

Cosmo

Mildly Menacing
Hey again, back with more backing up my -support

In this video, you are able to see this person enforce rules that simply do not exist. I will be explaining why this is bad if it is not obvious below the video
Now I will explain what is wrong here
  • This person does not know the rules, again. a person unaware of rules enforcing them? Not good, at all.
  • He does not acknowledge his mistake after I attempt to correct it, and backs up his made-up rule.
  • Look how quickly people back up his untrue rule, I do not think he is a good example for new players.
  • Hypothetically this person gets accepted, and joins a jailbreak server then proceeds to join spectator team. the same situation here arises and the prisoner gets freekilled. the prisoner will claim freekill, and Ben following his own set of rules, will tell the prisoner their death is fully justified. What is the result of this? :
  1. A guard that was told wrongful rules, and will think they are true and freekill over and over, and he may get banned by an admin that understands the rules. is it really the guards fault the admin made up rules?
  2. prisoners unhappy that they got freekilled and the admin backs the freekiller.
  3. Every new player will take the admin's word on the rules, and will wrongfully enforce them. (in the video, you can see a great example of this when "Wanka" starts to enforce the made up rule almost instantly)
You judge, I am simply giving people information.
Also I will point out, I was never in the melee range of this guard. and it was freeday for all. thanks.

For non-jailbreak players, there is no rule that states you cannot follow guards on freedays. the only rule consering this is being in the guards melee range, but this person is enforcing something totally different
I will just say this, you can keep blaming other things or people. It just shows who you really are.

As for saying jailbreak is confusing or the rules aren't clear, Miyu said this in the Jailbreak rules thread.
"If you have any questions about Jailbreak, feel free to make a thread here.
If you have any suggestions about Jailbreak, feel free to make a thread here."
Do you think it's normal do administrate a server you are confused about?
Also it's nice to see your huge attitude switch in your reply as soon as admins start disagreeing with you, you're only making yourself look bad.

Last edited:

Amy

#Wilde
Hey again, back with more backing up my -support

In this video, you are able to see this person enforce rules that simply do not exist. I will be explaining why this is bad if it is not obvious below the video
Now I will explain what is wrong here
  • This person does not know the rules, again. a person unaware of rules enforcing them? Not good, at all.
  • He does not acknowledge his mistake after I attempt to correct it, and backs up his made-up rule.
  • Look how quickly people back up his untrue rule, I do not think he is a good example for new players.
  • Hypothetically this person gets accepted, and joins a jailbreak server then proceeds to join spectator team. the same situation here arises and the prisoner gets freekilled. the prisoner will claim freekill, and Ben following his own set of rules, will tell the prisoner their death is fully justified. What is the result of this? :
  1. A guard that was told wrongful rules, and will think they are true and freekill over and over, and he may get banned by an admin that understands the rules. is it really the guards fault the admin made up rules?
  2. prisoners unhappy that they got freekilled and the admin backs the freekiller.
  3. Every new player will take the admin's word on the rules, and will wrongfully enforce them. (in the video, you can see a great example of this when "Wanka" starts to enforce the made up rule almost instantly)
I really do not think this person should become anything above a normal player, there are many down-sides if this does happen.
Also I will point out, I was never in the melee range of this guard. and it was freeday for all. thanks.

For non-jailbreak players, there is no rule that states you cannot follow guards on freedays. the only rule consering this is being in the guards melee range, but this person is enforcing something totally different

@Cosmo is right, there is not a rule that states reds can't follow the warden on a freeday. (They just can't get within melee range of a blue) Please don't make false rules up as it just makes other people on the server believe you then it would just become a bigger mess to clean up. I don't see anything wrong with the reds following you as it is there day to enjoy. Thank you Cosmo for the proof :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom