Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Am_seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
Personal Information

Name
Josh M

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:137300680

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
None

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak
Jailbreak NY

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I devote lots of time to video games and a large part of that goes to Blackwonder JB, I want to see the server flourish. By becoming an admin I can deal with all of the pesky freekillers mic spamers etc... Additionally seeing a lot of blues without mics irritates me and being able to mic check would be wonderful.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Drax
RainbowRob
Viking34
ProvidedTimmy
Wanka
Suicide
Jim
Will5023

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
During breaks from school i'm available all day During school I am available from 6:00pm-11:00Pm EST

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hacker-Once evidence is gathered perm ban.
mic-Spammer- 1 warning if continue 80 minute mute.
Chat-Spammer- 1 warning if continued 80 minute gag.
MFK- banned for 1 week.
No mic on blue- 3 day guard ban, if they fix it I will test and take off the ban.
Freekill- slay the freekiller and respawn the person who got killed.
Inappropriate spray- get evidence then spray ban.
Not willing to take warden/!uw- team ban for 30 minutes.
Round delay- 1 warning then a slay.
Ghosting- 1 warning then 15 minute mute.
AFK blue- ask if they are preset if not a 20 minute guard ban.
Illegal FF- if someone dies they get respawned and warden gets slain.
Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
-I do have an older brother steam name "vindicator" who also plays JB.
-With me going in High school I do suffer Anxiety so pardon me in advance for acting awkward or odd.
-I'm first class in Boy Scouts of America
-I do play basketball so durring the season I might not be as active (november-Janurary)
-I know I've made mistakes in the past but I've come back with a better mindset and hopefully I can be forgiven. <3
[EDIT 1] fixing up my extra info section
[EDIT 2] added extra rule breaking punishments

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/being-a-good-boy-now.6819/
You made this thread explicitly to announce that you are increasing your activity because you want admin. You then proceeded to remain active for only 8 days. Additionally, your admin reason has been seen many times over; you could have shown great initiative by looking over previous admin applications and noting this criticism. Finally, Your "other information" section is like, 3 incomplete sentences long. I'm afraid it's pretty clear where I stand.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/being-a-good-boy-now.6819/
You made this thread explicitly to announce that you are increasing your activity because you want admin. You then proceeded to remain active for only 8 days. Additionally, your admin reason has been seen many times over; you could have shown great initiative by looking over previous admin applications and noting this criticism. Finally, Your "other information" section is like, 3 incomplete sentences long. I'm afraid it's pretty clear where I stand.
In the thread you listed I state "I am back I renewed my Donor and going to try to make the server a better place." what I intended to say was I wanted to make the server a better place, then I state A way for me to better help the server is becoming admin. I did not intend me joining back was only for the admin Position. I understand I have been gone for a few months and I can't help my family and personal life preventing me from doing what I love. I did look at other admin apps including Alex, Drax and suicide. Other admin apps I looked at had none to 3 sentences of extra info as well.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
In the thread you listed I state "I am back I renewed my Donor and going to try to make the server a better place." what I intended to say was I wanted to make the server a better place, then I state A way for me to better help the server is becoming admin. I did not intend me joining back was only for the admin Position. I understand I have been gone for a few months and I can't help my family and personal life preventing me from doing what I love. I did look at other admin apps including Alex, Drax and suicide. Other admin apps I looked at had none to 3 sentences of extra info as well.
Even then, that proves my point. You could have looked at the accepted applications and tried your best to make your own even better.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Your reason to become an admin sounds too simple, so try making your reason more unique. Only 8 rules? There are way more rules than that! I don't really know you, but your admin application looks okay (will probably look even better if you fix a couple of things here and there)

I'm ~Neutral for now.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
Your reason to become an admin sounds too simple, so try making your reason more unique. Only 8 rules? There are way more rules than that! I don't really know you, but your admin application looks okay (will probably look even better if you fix a couple of things here and there)

I'm ~Neutral for now.
I appreciate the constructive criticism, I didn't want to make my app too long with unnecessary rules.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I appreciate the constructive criticism, I didn't want to make my app too long with unnecessary rules.
Every single rule is necessary! It gives us, the admins, an idea on how you'll punish people, and if you're going too light or too hard. What will you do if someone doesn't have a mature voice, ghosting, not speaking English on the mic, exploiting, racism, advertising cheats, donor abuse, and the list goes on from there.

You don't have to put every game mode's rules with a punishment...just the games modes you play on. (If that makes sense)

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'll leave a longer critique later, but I wanted to add something. I actually told him that it annoys me sometimes when people list every single rule, as it makes me think people are just trying to make their application look longer. So that may have contributed to the short application.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

cd5531f7061d7ad63952e125cc016cbb.png
Since you didn't fix any major spelling or grammatical errors in this post you made last week, I can only assume you moved around a few words to make it look less like you were active only for an admin position.

Regarding the application, it doesn't stand out at all to me. It's got below average grammar and punctuation and it doesn't engage me nearly as much as other applicants up for grabs right now, and even some denied ones. It looks rushed as if you only spent about 10 minutes rushing through the categories as fast as possible.

You're also not a mature person and though you're fully aware of the rules and try on occasion to enforce them as a donator, you still choose to break them. With the recent clusterfuck report, you explicitly overtalked the warden (osome_oil) because you didn't like him, chanting "oli's dead" over and over. Would this be acceptable if you were representing the team? Clearly breaking rules and being an annoying git? Not in the slightest.

Though it's a short reply, it should be very apparent where I stand. Your attitude is poor and gives off a bad aura, and the way you handled the application was rather poor. Therefore, I do not see you fit as being an admin. Good luck regardless.

Copyright

Uncharitable
I have seen you a few times and the fact that i dont recall anything negative about your attitude is a good sign however your punishment section is a bit short bearing in mind how many rules there are for Jailbreak alone.
All this in consideration i am going to be ~Neutral
P.S: Quick question though, when you say JB do you mean the EU jb?

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I have seen you a few times and the fact that I don't recall anything negative about your attitude is a good sign, however, your punishment section is a bit short bearing in mind how many rules there are for Jailbreak alone.
All this in consideration I am going to be ~Neutral
Jailbreak <-- Jailbreak EU
Well, just wanted to clear that up, I wish you luck with your application seal.
Ow... welcome back as well.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
30b9b946702ff0154a3b36fbcd96fe0a.png
d467d7396f7a26cbb44246c352f03974.png

You were reported and punished yesterday and you think you're fit to be an admin?
You have been very immature, both on servers, (stated by other admins) and forums. e.g.
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/wtf-is-this-gay-shit-do.5509/#post-24460
Your forum activity goes from being very active within a week from being completely inactive over the pass of time.

Regarding your application, the only piece of information we're getting from you apart your incomplete punishments list are that you have a brother, that you suffer from anxiety, (which I don't know if that will blend itself with having admin powers, being immature + the general environment of JB) and that you play basketball.

-support

P.D. Don't forget to remove me from your list of known admins, I've never talked with you before and I've never seen you in game, thanks and good luck with your admin application.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

(if this has already been mentioned then my apologies)

So I just have to bring this up but a while ago you started being really toxic on the forums and then disappeared for a bit (don't know if that was because you got banned off the forums for a time or you took a break) <-- if you did take a break then that's good but then still it wasn't necessary to act like that.

When you returned you basically stated that this was all because of some issues with your parents, what worries me is that you're a person who will take out his personal problems (in this case the issue with you parents) against the people on the servers/forums.

I don't really see that as something a admin should do, I honestly felt like I should state this but for the rest good luck with your application.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
I have seen you a few times and the fact that i dont recall anything negative about your attitude is a good sign however your punishment section is a bit short bearing in mind how many rules there are for Jailbreak alone.
All this in consideration i am going to be ~Neutral
If you look at Robs post he told me that he doesn't like seeing so many unnecessary rules put in

Josh_

Gore-Spattered

So I just have to bring this up but a while ago you started being really toxic on the forums and then disappeared for a bit (don't know if that was because you got banned off the forums for a time or you took a break) <-- if you did take a break then that's good but then still it wasn't necessary to act like that.

When you returned you basically stated that this was all because of some issues with your parents, what worries me is that you're a person who will take out his personal problems (in this case the issue with you parents) against the people on the servers/forums.

I don't really see that as something a admin should do, I honestly felt like I should state this but for the rest good luck with your application.
I see where you come from and I have learned from my mistakes I now have many other coping mechanisms like writing that makes me not have to take it out on other people

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
cd5531f7061d7ad63952e125cc016cbb.png
Since you didn't fix any major spelling or grammatical errors in this post you made last week, I can only assume you moved around a few words to make it look less like you were active only for an admin position.

Regarding the application, it doesn't stand out at all to me. It's got below average grammar and punctuation and it doesn't engage me nearly as much as other applicants up for grabs right now, and even some denied ones. It looks rushed as if you only spent about 10 minutes rushing through the categories as fast as possible.

You're also not a mature person and though you're fully aware of the rules and try on occasion to enforce them as a donator, you still choose to break them. With the recent clusterfuck report, you explicitly overtalked the warden (osome_oil) because you didn't like him, chanting "oli's dead" over and over. Would this be acceptable if you were representing the team? Clearly breaking rules and being an annoying git? Not in the slightest.

Though it's a short reply, it should be very apparent where I stand. Your attitude is poor and gives off a bad aura, and the way you handled the application was rather poor. Therefore, I do not see you fit as being an admin. Good luck regardless.
Thanks for the criticism, could you inform me with the spelling and punctuation errors so I can adjust them.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered

Anyone I had targeted in my toxicity I had sent a conversation apologizing

Attachments

• IMG_0710.PNG
    IMG_0710.PNG
    119.2 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 12)

Top Bottom