Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application for Ori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
Personal Information

Name
Holmes

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:82147569

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
Intox gaming

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
JB LA, NY, TX
Achievement LA
MGE LA

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Blackwonder is the only community on tf2 I’m invested in. I spend a lot of time in the servers because it reminds me of the times I had on intox. The regulars are fun, and the servers are taken care of well. Unfortunately it’s too common to find the servers toxic most of the time, and with nobody there to do anything about it. I realize admins have lives, and can’t be there at all times, but I hope with my time zone difference and potential availability I can make a difference in that regard. I also want to help donors reinforce the fact that they can solve issues with rulebreakers themselves without needing an admin present 24/7.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Noodle ball
Paragon
Mark
Heyya

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
M-F 13:00-02:00 HST
SS-S 06:00-23:59 HST
Time zone will change in a few months(EDT), as they are moving me back to the mainland.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

General Rules/Punishments

Chat spam: It's important to remember during Jailbreak that people can get excited and sometimes will release that with unintentional spamming. That's fine. It's better to recognize the difference between unintentional spam and malicious, intentional ones(like racism). Keybinds are a stable of tf2, along with most source games. Spamming binds are obviously not okay. Such, my punishments will go as follows.

A clear and firm warning, with another one after a few seconds if persists. Then 60 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | If after this point they show no remorse for spamming, I may elevate it to perma, or a month. 3-4 punishments in a row should be enough for someone to figure it out.

Voice spam: Going off what I said in chat spam, tf2 is a rather kid friendly, at least tame game in comparison to modern triple A titles. It's easy to find kids on the servers having a blast, and ultimately that's what keeps the community active and fun. Like before, malicious spam is easy to identify and will go as follows:

A clear warning via admin chat if I cant do it over voice without being heard. Then 60 | 720 |1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma. Outside clear voice spam, such as Virtual Audio Cable(micspamming music) or using a soundboard will result in a quick warning, then insta mute. Micspam is intentionally disruptive, so I wouldn't handle it on the same level as voice.

Racism: Not acceptable. Instant gag or mute 1440 | 4320 | 10080 | After this point, I have zero remorse for them. Permanent.

Hacking: I'd gather evidence via shadowplay then give a permaban. I'll submit the report on the forums myself along with the video so it's clear to everyone.

Advertising hacks/links: Generally the people doing this are using free versions of the hack they are using. It can be pretty obvious to identify them. Shadowplay to grab video evidence of the advertisement and silence them. If they are found to be hacking as well, which most of the time they are; a permaban will follow.

Exploitation: Sometimes maps break during mapchange, and some breakables simply wont be there or will not work correctly. Depending on the situation, id rather move the player out of the area if they are stuck as a result. I think this is a better alternative than simply slaying them, especially if they have no clue what's going on. Other than that, if the player is intentionally exploiting the game to their advantage, such as the ammo glitch then I'll handle it:

Slay with a firm warning. If it is continuous then ban for 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma.

Revealing an admin when undercover: gag/mute 60 | 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma.

NSFW Spray: No more sprays for you bud.

Jailbreak Rules/Punishments

Ghosting: As the rule states, if nobody is eligible for lr and there are reds NOT actively rebelling, simply by hiding or delaying the round then ghosting is acceptable. Otherwise, calling out prisoners location while a game is active that can result in lr will result in:

A clear warning to the individual(s). If persists a gag/mute for 60 | 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma.

Latespawn: I'll ask them to slay themselves. If they do not comply I will do it for them.

Ammo Glitch: Slay with a firm warning. If it is continuous then ban for 60 | 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 |2-3 week or Perma.

Sticky Traps: As long as the user is sticky spamming, with immediate detonation there's no problem. If they purposely set up a sticky trap, I'll tell them to detonate safely. If they are unresponsive I'll just slay them. If they continue the next round:

Blue: team ban 60 | 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma.
Red: slay with a clear message not to sticky trap. If continued will follow same as Blue with a kick before issuing regular bans.
If said individual already has a team ban on Blue, but does the same on Red regular bans will follow.

Armory Camping: Warning, then a slay if unresponsive.

AFK: Unless you are on blue, being afk does not hurt anyone except yourself by losing points. Unless the server is full, then you'd be preventing someone else from being able to play.

Blue: Confirm they are afk, then kick with warning.
Red: If server is full, and they've been afk for a few rounds, kick to make space for a player. Sometimes you gotta get your dog at the door, or you need to grab the mail. A little lenience is okay.

Round Delay: Players will most likely ghost them, as it is legal to do so at this point. If it drags on for too long, I'll slay with a warning.

Talking over Warden: A firm warning via admin chat, or voice depending. If continued, then mute 60 | 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma. It's easy to be lenient with this as it can be hard to find a server where nobody ever talks over warden, especially when something exciting happens. Still people need to hear the Warden clearly, as not to bring confusion over orders.

Talking over admin during a mic-check: Before I even begin I'll announce that I'd begun a mic check, and to speak only if I call their name. If players want to be rowdy, I'll politely ask them to be silent. If they do not stop then mute 60 | 120 | 720 | 1440 | 10080 | 2-3 week or Perma.

Red Specific Rules/Punishments

Freeday abuse: A clear warning. Like to not block wardens path, block doorways, or enter blue side areas with zero intention of rebelling in that instant(unless they have wardens permission). If they are unresponsive, they will be slayed.

Blue Specific Rules/Punishments

Bad mic/no mic : I will warn them to leave blue until they can either fix or get a mic. I will wait until 9:30 for them to comply. If they do not respond, they will get a perma team ban. I will tell them they can appeal on the forums, or prove to me/another admin that they have a working mic.

Freehit: A firm warning to quit it. If they ignore, and simply continue they will be slayed. If they do the same the next round, a 1 day team ban will follow. This is for intentional freehit of course. Sometimes a stray bullet can hit a red, especially using a shotgun, it just happens.

Freekill: Assess the situation and tell the individual to slay themselves. If they are unresponsive I will slay them myself. If they continue the next round, I'll team ban them for 1 day or more depending on how many they attempted to kill. If its at the start of the round I'll simply revive those reds.

Mass Freekill: Immediately slay them to prevent more deaths. If accidental and they are actively apologizing, I might shorten it but otherwise 1 week teamban. If intentional, perma.

Griefing/hitting breakables: Slay. If continued they will receive a 1 hour team ban.

Favoritism: This has always been a touchy subject in Jailbreak. I personally think its okay for a warden to allow heavies for example to run up to the rest of the group if they are crouch walking somehere, as long as they dont stray or delay. However, more obvious examples like ignoring force baits or being 'friendly' with Reds is clearly not acceptable.

The individual will be warned. If they do not respond or fix themselves they will receive a slay. If that's not enough, then 1 day team ban will suffice.

TK/Team Killing: Tell them to slay themselves. If they do not comply, they will be slayed and receive a 1 day team ban.

Intentional Bait: They will receive a warning. At this point Reds will have feasted on their bones, so it's their loss.

Warden Specific Rules/Punishments

Illegal Unwarden: Unless the individual has been warden 2-3 times in the past rounds ill confirm if they have a mic. If they do and simply didn't want to be warden I'll slay them and tell them they need to be prepared to take warden or not to play blue. If they do not have a mic, I'll issue a perma team ban.

Illegal FF: Turn off ff myself, and slay the warden. If anyone was killed I'll revive them depending how far into the round it is. If it was clearly an accident, and the warden apologizes I'll leave it that, but if they are not compliant they will receive a 1 day team ban. To me it's the same as freekilling as that's the intent.

Ignoring Reds asking for a repeat: Warn the warden to respond, if they do not they will receive a slay. Continues effort will result in a 1 hour team ban.

Illegal minigames/days: I'll inform the warden that those days aren't allowed. If the warden complies then happy day, otherwise they will receive a slay.

Warden Hogging: If the user force wardens over 3 times, I will inform them not to do so, as per the rule. I'll give them the chance to unwarden without a slay, but otherwise if ignored they will receive a slay. If continued they will receive a 1 hour team ban.

LR denial: I'll inform the warden of the lr via voice or admin chat. If they respond than hopefully they can fix themselves. If not, I will resolve it with a slay, and issue a freeday to whoever may be the victim as a result. Currently, the lr no longer appears on the bottom of the screen, at least on LA, so I can be lenient in that regard.

Trick orders: I will clarify to the warden that the order is impossible. If they ignore or persist they will receive a slay.

MGE Rules/Punishments

Point farming: I don't think we have an issue with this here at Blackwonder but it was common on intox a few years back. There are no specific rules that I can find for this, but I don't think this should be allowed anyways. If I can get some feedback on what you guys think of this, that would be great!

Achievement/Idle Rules/Punishment

Spamming Trade Binds: Warn them to wait until their bind first disappears before sending the next. If ignored will result in a gag 60| 120 |1440 | 10080.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

First and foremost, please understand my availability is due to my current profession. I work active duty Army, in a rather small team with not much to do outside deployments or field exercise, so my hours are extremely generous. This also means something can kick off at any moment, and I could be gone for 6+ months. If push comes to shove, I'd resign from the community if that come to be. Trumps' peace talks reassures me that wont come to pass anyways. Thanks for understanding.

As for the finishing punishments where I state 'Perma or 2-3 weeks', at this point I'd ask the other admins what they think of the situation/their personal experience. Leading up the that point is 3-4 punishments, which I think is plenty of time for someone to know whether they should be doing that or not.

I entirely admit using scripts to gain speed advantage in csgo. I have no clue why I did it, but it's been nearly a year now and I haven't looked back since. I also have one for Rust, but that could have been 3-4 years ago when the account was made. I have no clue what I used, or did but I've long left that life behind.

For a soldier I think my logs are relatively tame to my knowledge. If there are any issues you have with me in terms of logs, please let me know and we can fix that.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

I've been an admin for intox gaming for about 3 years and I can testify that I have never seen you as a member of the official team at intox let alone an administrator for intox. None of the recruitment waves in the archives has your name on them. The intox background is incredibly dubious.

EDIT: Please read the entire thread before making any judgments.

Last edited:

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
I've been an admin for intox gaming for about 3 years and I can testify that I have never seen you as a member of the official team at intox let alone an administrator for intox. None of the recruitment waves in the archives has your name on them. The intox background is incredibly dubious.

Sorry, I should have clarified; I went under a different name back then. I think I remember seeing you before. I was Chen.

Even if you don't remember me, you could ask sentron/flynns discord. All the guys in there will vouch.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
you didnt click the button like everyone else usually does to go through the app system, did you?

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
you didnt click the button like everyone else usually does to go through the app system, did you?

No. It shows up for me, however I didnt see any formatting options on that page. Im pretty unfamiliar with html commands to input manually so i just copied the application format and used the thread formatting to give it some color so when it posted it wouldnt look too bad.

Edit: I see what you mean now. Issue resolved.

Last edited:

will5023

applicant proved to me he had it available will just got suspicious having seen the old format, it should be noted he handled my questions maturely :)

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Sorry, I should have clarified; I went under a different name back then. I think I remember seeing you before. I was Chen.

Even if you don't remember me, you could ask sentron/flynns discord. All the guys in there will vouch.

Oh if you were Chen, then that's an even bigger red flag. We had a member & admin named Chen who was removed and subsequently banned after being caught on tape several times for hacking. I don't know what Blw's policy is towards that, but I definitely should bring that event up. I will say that if you are Chen, you were a nice fellow on intox JB (especially on Chretien). I was surprised at first to hear that Chen was banned for being caught cheating.

EDIT: The event happened in either 2014. So 4 years have passed since it happened. Other members are also saying you've admitted to cheating many times.

This is the list of Chen's bans: https://intox.gg/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:41744229&Submit

His steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[U:1:83488459] He received a TF2 VAC ban in 2014

EDIT #2: Keep Reading

Last edited:

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
Oh if you were Chen, then that's an even bigger red flag. We had a member & admin named Chen who was removed and subsequently banned after being caught on tape several times for hacking. Other members are also saying you've admitted to cheating many times.

Yep, as I stated in my app, I admit cheating. It's been almost a year since my latest ban, and I've left that behind me. I've been active in this community, and enjoy it quite a lot. It's better I be honest about my past with cheating than not.

I will say that if you are Chen, you were a nice fellow on intox JB (especially on Chretien). I was surprised at first to hear that Chen was banned for being caught cheating.

Kinda surprised you recognize me, it's been a long while. I hope life is treating you well, Blizz.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Yep, as I stated in my app, I admit cheating. It's been almost a year since my latest ban, and I've left that behind me. I've been active in this community, and enjoy it quite a lot. It's better I be honest about my past with cheating than not.

Kinda surprised you recognize me, it's been a long while. I hope life is treating you well, Blizz.

I'm glad you're changing from how you were years ago, but getting cheating in a video gaming community is like getting caught taking steroids as an athlete. I'm not sure what will happen as a result of this, but I'd be in favor of your application being approved. My interactions with you on the Blw JB servers have always been positive, and you've definitely seemed to have turned a new leaf.

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
I'm glad you're changing from how you were years ago, but getting cheating in a video gaming community is like getting caught taking steroids as an athlete. I'm not sure what will happen as a result of this, but I'd be in favor of your application being approved. My interactions with you on the Blw JB servers have always been positive, and you've definitely seemed to have turned a new leaf.

I'm glad we were able to catch up in PMs and came to understand each other. I look forward to playing with you in the future.

Looks good and you’re a nice person to play with and talk to. I hope you’ve left the past in the past and can look to the future despite whatever Jim says
+

Thanks for the support, heyya. I'm looking forward to future mvm carries. :p

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
It’s been a while so I might as well

Looks good and you’re a nice person to play with and talk to. I hope you’ve left the past in the past and can look to the future despite whatever Jim says
+
I haven't seen any mention of him expanding on his abuse and Puddin-like behavior at Intox that he intentionally didn't mention until it was pointed out. It wouldn't be an issue given how long ago it was but you aren't explaining it, so I don't really trusto you with admin powers.

-Support

Last edited:

will5023

can you please explain what happened with the cheating/abuse on intox? it doesnt sound very much like you give a good representation of how an admin should act knowing you've been like that as an admin i cant support you now -SUPPORT

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
I haven't seen any mention of him expanding on his abuse and Puddin-like behavior at Intox that he intentionally didn't mention until it was pointed out. It wouldn't be an issue given how long ago it was but you aren't explaining it, so I don't really trusto you with admin powers.

Fair enough, thanks for the input.

can you please explain what happened with the cheating/abuse on intox? it doesnt sound very much like you give a good representation of how an admin should act knowing you've been like that as an admin i cant support you now -SUPPORT

I didn't abuse my powers, or rank. In fact, the other admins were so active around that time I didn't use them very much at all, I think. I very much understand where you are coming from though. Sorry if my explanation is a little lacking, but in all actuality it's simple. I played on a trade type server, someone recorded me sniping people and I got beaned. If you think I used my rank to avoid getting punishment, that's not how intox is. They didn't care who it was. That's the story.

Thanks for your input and while you two may not support me, I hope one day we can change that.

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

Ill throw in what I have to say because I have interacted with Ori more than anyone else here at the current moment.

I do believe that you have changed from the way you were four years ago, you are honest with what you do and don't hide anything negative or bad from your past. I have never seen anything bad from you and you have a great knowledge of the rules, me and a few other admins that interact with you often never need to correct you. While forum activity and the past are things to consider, I do believe the way you are in game and the current time is ignored and your past is used against you more than what you do at the current time.

Good luck Ori and I will see you around.

+

Last edited:

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

I didn't abuse my powers, or rank. In fact, the other admins were so active around that time I didn't use them very much at all, I think. I very much understand where you are coming from though.

And from the one person who poined it out

I'd be in favor of your application being approved. My interactions with you on the Blw JB servers have always been positive, and you've definitely seemed to have turned a new leaf.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
And from the one person who poined it out
Almost as if I heard Blizz's opinion before I personally pointed this thread out to him and then formulated my opinion based on that and other correctly verified information.

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

Almost as if I heard Blizz's opinion before I personally pointed this thread out to him and then formulated my opinion based on that and other correctly verified information.

Good job replying in a place where everyone on the outside will have no context, we already dealt with this yet you still want you continue after being called out. How about we not continue?

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Jim, you seem to be handling this application in an immature manner.

You didn't hear my opinion about the incident before pointing me to the thread. You just asked me to give my insight about the claim of an intox background. I found out that it was Chen and I did what you did. I instantly thought about the hacking incident (mentioning that it was a red flag since Chen was involved in a hacking incident in 2014). This is what that post I made earlier in the thread was referencing. Afterwards, I did what you didn't do according to this thread and PMs on Steam. I thought about how he has changed since then. Instead, you merely swept his personality under the rug and treated it as if he'll never change. And that's a terrible mindset to have on anyone here. These are ordinary people looking to have fun on a gaming community, not serial killers.

Even if you hadn't pointed his claim of an intox background to me, it wouldn't have made any difference towards how I'd think of him now. Ori is not the same guy as Chen was 4 years ago. He's much older and more mature. Although it is important that his background on intox is brought up, the past is in the past. We are all human and we continuously make mistakes, even as kids (below 18). I don't doubt that you've made mistakes that you now regret years later. I've definitely made errors as an admin on intox, but I'm able to be honest with that fact, learn from them, and become a better person later on. People do change and that's part of coming of age.

Last edited:

will5023

seems there's a lot of misinformation around and misunderstanding from my side regarding the abuse part. ima go ~neutral till there's a somewhat clearer picture again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom