Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application for Ori

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Your application is thorough, well organized and doesn't induce headaches, so +1 for that. I don't really care about your vac bans, but just searching for a few words in your chat logs causes me to pause any support. I am not as picky as some people, when it comes to chat logs. Typically, I automatically give negative support if there is more than one punishable instance found in an applicant's chat logs in the last few months. These are by no means inclusive, its just the few words I tend to search for, and you had things listed for all of them, this year.

gay.PNG fuck.PNG fag.PNG dick.PNG pussy.PNG
2018-05-18 19:10:08 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori but they are retarded, only nerfed the range
2018-04-11 21:27:51 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori mitch why are you so retarded
2018-01-31 12:29:08 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori youre fucking retarded
2018-01-26 14:16:47 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori i think hes retarded

2018-06-22 00:02:55 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak just disable vacc you dumbass
2018-05-31 00:20:45 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori are you dumb?
2018-05-21 23:03:48 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori dumbass warden
2018-05-17 22:05:42 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori ur dumb
2018-04-08 01:27:30 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori i dont agree with it, but people are pretty dumb
2018-04-03 18:12:39 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori are you dumb
2018-01-26 14:44:10 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori over ur dumb
2018-01-21 03:15:59 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori they dumb

2018-05-17 22:08:22 BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak Ori im surrounded by autism

If it was JUST the edgy/toxic logs OR the previous multiple VACs, I would look beyond it. But its both, and I wouldn't trust that your behavior on mic is any different than what you spend the time to type. -Support

Last edited:

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
If it was JUST the edgy/toxic logs OR the previous multiple VACs, I would look beyond it. But its both, and I wouldn't trust that your behavior on mic is any different than what you spend the time to type. -Support

I appreciate the response and feedback. As I stated in my app, I acknowledge I might have some dirty logs, and If there was an issue then to bring it up; which you have. A bulk of my logs can be seen around the first few months of the year, about the time I started playing on the server. To be totally honest, just being a player dropping in to play I'm not really thinking about the chat logs. It's also really important to know the context of some logs, though I'm not saying that excuses it. Like calling mark something for example, could have been when he freekilled someone on accident, or just jokingly as something friends do to one another. The more malicious ones could be when there's mass freekillers on and people would noticeably get upset. I realize there's a more spike in words the following months after simply because I became more active. I'm not saying it's excusable by any means but I didn't really take becoming an admin a thought in my mind until about a month or two ago.

I've been looking to change my logs for better, as I'm applying, but sometimes I may slip; I'm only human. Again, thanks for your input, and besides what you think now I hope I can change that for the better sometime soon.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Hello Ori.

I don't weigh in on a lot of these because the rest of the staff have a better handle on them. However, after it was brought to my attention I grew concerned and then quite irritated.

Now I have read the responses from the other staff and the few that offered their input on yourself. As far as you applying I have to lean in heavy agreement with Rob on the chat logs, but not for the same reason.

I work active duty Army
For a soldier I think my logs are relatively tame to my knowledge. If there are any issues you have with me in terms of logs, please let me know and we can fix that.

This makes no sense to me. I was Army for 10 years. After 4 tours, I ended as a E-6 and I have great pride in the fact I put on that uniform. Your terminology has me questioning a lot of this but perhaps you aren't great at English? Claiming that your chat logs are relatively tame...for a soldier, is disgraceful, shameful, pathetic, and frankly quite insulting. Where is your Military bearing? Your respect for the people you are meant to serve?

Nothing I have seen or read from anyone in regards to this application has me thinking you are Active duty Army, much less even Military. The fact you throw it out there like a punch line irks the hell out of me. If you truly are what you say you are, I have half a mind to ask who your C.O. is and contact him. Again IF, you are Army or Military at all then you need to stop using it as an excuse for anything other than being respectful to those you serve.

With those chat logs, attitude, and the fact I simply can't believe what I read I am going -Support

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
AFK: Unless you are on blue, being afk does not hurt anyone except yourself by losing points. Unless the server is full, then you'd be preventing someone else from being able to play.
Red: If server is full, and they've been afk for a few rounds, kick to make space for a player. Sometimes you gotta get your dog at the door, or you need to grab the mail. A little lenience is okay.

Having AFK players on red disrupts the blue:red ratio. So it is important to remove AFK players, and not only when the server it full.

Bad mic/no mic : I will warn them to leave blue until they can either fix or get a mic. I will wait until 9:30 for them to comply. If they do not respond, they will get a perma team ban.

They already know they are required to have a mic, if they do not have one, they should be automatically perma team banned, They will just go back to blue when you leave, if you don't.

Mass Freekill: Immediately slay them to prevent more deaths. If accidental and they are actively apologizing, I might shorten it but otherwise 1 week teamban. If intentional, perma.

How will you track the teambans in the future. As of now, we have no way to do this without using a web browser.

Illegal Unwarden: Unless the individual has been warden 2-3 times in the past rounds ill confirm if they have a mic. If they do and simply didn't want to be warden I'll slay them and tell them they need to be prepared to take warden or not to play blue. If they do not have a mic, I'll issue a perma team ban.

The answer is 3 times, as it is clearly stated in the rules.

Illegal FF: Turn off ff myself, and slay the warden. If anyone was killed I'll revive them depending how far into the round it is. If it was clearly an accident, and the warden apologizes I'll leave it that, but if they are not compliant they will receive a 1 day team ban. To me it's the same as freekilling as that's the intent.

So if someone intentionally allow everyone to kill each other and then ignore you, you treat that as a normal freekill?

I don't MGE so I won't comment on those.

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
Again IF, you are Army or Military at all then you need to stop using it as an excuse for anything other than being respectful to those you serve. With those chat logs, attitude, and the fact I simply can't believe what I read I am going -Support

I only mentioned my career as something of availability, in regards to time being able to play and what not. I am proud of the uniform that I wear. Do not try to call me a fake. We both know very well that the bct, high speed boot mentality does not stuck with you every hour of the day after 3+ years of service, especially on down time. I have PM'd you separately regarding this because its information I'm only willing share with you, especially if you're a veteran.

As for Rob:

Having AFK players on red disrupts the blue:red ratio. So it is important to remove AFK players, and not only when the server it full.

Okay, thanks.

They already know they are required to have a mic, if they do not have one, they should be automatically perma team banned, They will just go back to blue when you leave, if you don't.

You've been a jb admin yourself. You know very well not everyone joins blue with a mic. See how many perma team bans happen daily, and it's not because the people bothered to read the rules. Either way, you're correct, they will be auto perma.

How will you track the teambans in the future. As of now, we have no way to do this without using a web browser.

At the current moment, admins are the only ones who have access to teambans. The normal page to get to teambans are unavailable. The question is kind of counter productive since admins only have access to it currently. So saying how I would track team bans is simple, as you said it yourself in the question.

So if someone intentionally allow everyone to kill each other and then ignore you, you treat that as a normal freekill?

I see what you mean. I'd like to say it's bad wording on my part, but obviously i'd have to count it as mass freekill, to a 1 week ban.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin

At the current moment, admins are the only ones who have access to teambans. The normal page to get to teambans are unavailable. The question is kind of counter productive since admins only have access to it currently. So saying how I would track team bans is simple, as you said it yourself in the question.

I'm saying that in-game, it's not practical to close out and check the team bans on the admin panel.

You've been a jb admin yourself. You know very well not everyone joins blue with a mic. See how many perma team bans happen daily, and it's not because the people bothered to read the rules. Either way, you're correct, they will be auto perma.

...yes, I was stating the reasoning. Which you aren't agree with.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

I only mentioned my career as something of availability, in regards to time being able to play and what not. I am proud of the uniform that I wear. Do not try to call me a fake. We both know very well that the bct, high speed boot mentality does not stuck with you every hour of the day after 3+ years of service, especially on down time.

You claimed your chat logs were tame for a soldier. Nothing to do with time or your availability. Your claims to being Army doesn't match your behavior or conduct. It comes across like two opposing sides of a magnet. This is what irritated me that you bring disrepute to who the Army is. This is the reason that I am responding now. I feel that strongly. (Context for others, bct = Basic training)
Basic training has nothing to do with your Military bearing. Keeping that "bct, high speed boot mentality" is what keeps Soldiers alive and makes you worthy of the uniform. Army is not a job, its your lifestyle.

For those needing more Context on "Military Bearing"
Army military bearing is posture, gestures and behaviors that are consistent with standards expected of U.S. Army soldiers. Military bearing includes presenting a professional appearance, being courteous, projecting enthusiasm and confidence and having a positive outlook.

None of this was displayed in your chat logs. This is only what we have seen. We have no clue what you have said/done outside of that. What you say/do with fellow Soldiers is not whats being discussed. You know you can't deny that if your NCO's or even your CO knew you were calling civilians the things you have in your chat logs, you would get written up. You simply can't do it. Army does not need a black eye because someone wanted to spout off in a video game. You are ACTIVE duty Army. You live it everyday. You are representing the Army with everything you do.

It does not stop because you hang up your uniform at night.

Not sure where your PM at, but I don't have a message from you on any resource at this time.

Last edited:

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
I'm saying that in-game, it's not practical to close out and check the team bans on the admin panel.

To my knowledge there's no way to physically check it in game. I'd have to manually update it afterwards on the panel.

...yes, I was stating the reasoning. Which you aren't agree with.

At no point did I disagree...? Everyone with common sense would agree that it is mandatory to have a mic on blue, but what I'm saying is that we both know not everyone follows that rule. Either way, it ends in a perma team ban.

You claimed your chat logs were tame for a soldier. Nothing to do with time or your availability.

First and foremost, please understand my availability is due to my current profession. I work active duty Army,

It's right there at the front. I'm guessing you either skipped over it, or simply did not see it. As for you taking offense to my 'for a soldier' comment. It was purely a joke. I apologize if you take personal offense to it. I realize people outside the trash talk culture need the context for it to make sense. They don't get the stuff we say to each other. I'm guessing that's the point you were pushing at. I just typed it naturally, as it would be something we'd say. It would probably honestly be better if I just worded it differently to 'for a soldier in the field', but even then they'd need the context. I apologize, that would be my honest mistake. I do not wish to argue about this anymore. I have PM'd you on the forums messaging system.

Last edited:

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

It's right there at the front. I'm guessing you either skipped over it, or simply did not see it.

Ok, I will put this another way to maybe help. Your availability to play or when you are able to help with issues is irrelevant to your chat logs. Whether you can play for 4 hours a night or only 20mins has no bearing on what you say in the servers.

As for you taking offense to my 'for a soldier' comment. It was purely a joke. I apologize if you take personal offense to it. I realize people outside the trash talk culture need the context for it to make sense. They don't get the stuff we say to each other. I'm guessing that's the point you were pushing at. I just typed it naturally, as it would be something we'd say. It would probably honestly be better if I just worded it differently to 'for a soldier in the field', but even then they'd need the context.

First off, I do take personal offense to you making a joke out of it. You joke about being a Soldier who calls a bunch of random people "fag", "Faglord", "faggot", "moron", or simply "gay" is why it's extremely offensive. Not only morally but ethically as a member of the Armed Forces.

Ori, I was a SSG. 19D 1st Cav. I was attached to the 3rd Ranger Battalion for 3 tours in Iraq. I spent my last 2 years of service as Cadre at
Ft. Hood, Ft. Cambell, and Ft. Knox.

Your ability to be a Soldier is not what I questioned. It was your behavior. It would be the same if you were to apply for a job anywhere. You don't speak to "customers" or "civilians" the way you speak to your fellow staff. You need to be respectful and have a level of professionalism if you are going to speak to them.

I grew up at the start of the trash talk culture but what you are doing in those chat logs is not trash talk. Its hate speech. Something you swore an oath to fight against. No, not a lot of people will understand what Soldiers say to each other, however that is not what is on the table nor what you wrote on your application. It's what you say in the public eye. You are a public servant applying for a public servant position with a history of Homophobic remarks at numerous people while representing the Army.

"The Army Values. If you spell out leadership as LDRSHIP, each one of those letters spells out the Army values:
Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal courage."

You are asking to become a leader in this community. You are asking to help serve this community but you have displayed very poor examples of the Army values. If you aren't showing these while being in the Army [for which you are required to live out on a daily basis as an Active Soldier], how can we expect you to show them here as a leader?

You don't get to wear that flag on your shoulder and then justify how you mistreat others.

I've been looking to change my logs for better, as I'm applying, but sometimes I may slip; I'm only human

You shouldn't be trying to make up for whats been said in your chat logs. It should have never been said in the first place. You are being held to a higher level of accountability because you are already a public servant. This is not an argument, this a critique on your application.
And no, you are not human, You are a Soldier. Honor that.

Last edited:

-[ML Owner]- Sir Matrix

Australium God
So i'm going to based on what @Kerknor has said above and through the words i have seen from rob and your app itself. So to put it simple. Ill put it like this, you want to be an administrator for the servers. But that fact that there are tons of foul language that came from you makes me think you don't deserve the position. It was stated above that you want to be a leader in this community. Why would anyone want you if you can't even prove to be a leader in the military. It's not hard to learn the LDRSHIP Acronym.

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
This is not an argument, this a critique on your application.
And no, you are not human, You are a Soldier. Honor that.

Fair enough. Thank you for your input. I hope sometime in the future your opinion of me can change.

So i'm going to based on what @Kerknor has said above and through the words i have seen from rob and your app itself. So to put it simple. Ill put it like this, you want to be an administrator for the servers. But that fact that there are tons of foul language that came from you makes me think you don't deserve the position. It was stated above that you want to be a leader in this community. Why would anyone want you if you can't even prove to be a leader in the military. It's not hard to learn the LDRSHIP Acronym.

Good point. My logs are said and done, nothing I can do about it. All I can do is better myself as time goes on. Thank you for your response.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy Ori, I hope you are having a good day. As I stated last week, I think you did a fine job with the application itself, and I think you have truly tried to work on certain things as there has been a change in your chat logs. I cannot really comment on what @Kerknor or @Matrix discussed with you, and I have 0 military experience they are a veteran and an active serviceman. I would only say that it appears as though it would lend toward your character which leads me to this quote.

Good point. My logs are said and done, nothing I can do about it. All I can do is better myself as time goes on. Thank you for your response.

I have no reason to doubt you when you say you are working on bettering yourself. But it is not merely the chat logs that are currently blighting your application. You have the bans on your record, as well. Although there has been some time since your last ban it all compiles into a bit of a concern. I can't speak for how you play in-game, and there does not appear to be many people jumping in to vouch for you on that account. With that in mind and the need to keep a cohesive group together we are going to need to decline your application at this time. Now, I rarely do this, but I want to add some advice. You had mentioned in a couple of your responses that you hope some people's opinion might change in the future. I would recommend waiting a couple of months to make sure your logs clear up, but also join servers where other admins frequent, and provide a reason for their opinions to change.

Enjoy your summer!

-Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom