Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ZS maps for Zombie Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack5

Strange

Jack5

ZS maps appear to have a bad reputation around here, and that's definitely perpetuated by what I've done to Blackwonder, but I urge everyone to reconsider, as these maps were updated multiple times to fix gameplay and balance issues during their development.

Below are only some of the maps that can be added to servers with minimal oversight required. If one works, all of them should work.
If any of these prove to be successful, then I can share more potential maps, and assist with adding some of the other maps that do require server-side code.

Broboy4803

Truly Feared
These maps don't work we are different from your normal zs we have perks which really change your normal zs gameplay, maybe if we didn't have stuff like perks, these maps would work, but we are different so these maps just don't work.

Broboy4803

Truly Feared
If you want to see what I mean just play on the US Zombie survival server and just play some rounds

Broboy4803

Truly Feared
The reason this server has a bad reputation is because people who play normal zs find this version too different and don't like, which is understandable, but if you stay patient and learn to play, it is really fun to play.

Broboy4803

Truly Feared
yeah some maps are unbalanced and have a bad reputation, but most maps are balanced and fun.

Venusari

Somewhat Threatening
Staff Member
I'm currently working on pz_borneo_b1 for zs (walker told me to name it this) and i have too add a whole new part to the map because of perks so that every perk on the map is balanced and that one perk isn't over used too much as you can tell i have to base my map around perks so that its balanced

Venusari

Somewhat Threatening
Staff Member
Other maps aren't that great because they aren't based around the perks giving some perks an advantage

Venusari

Somewhat Threatening
Staff Member
A good example of perks being used is rocket ravien or whatever without perks or leap medics can't even get out of their spawn without leap

Venusari

Somewhat Threatening
Staff Member
The server is very unique and thats what makes it hard choosing maps becauae of all the perks and leaps in the server instead of just making a colony and shooting medics its harder because now medics have leap but engineers have jetpack too so it makes the meta of the server to either hide or use perks to fight but sometimes people have to make a colony because of the map, the map might not be good because it just bases around regular gameplay and not perks

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
Jack5 only has 7 hours of playtime in this version of zombie survival, we already have a version of Dustbowl (with a upcoming working patch to block the skybox exploit), most of the bad reputation either comes from people who don't understand jack-spit about the version differences of the gamemode, or maps that have too many good spots, also why couldn't we be allowed to use stuff like zs_hidden and hydro when they could've worked far better than these 5 maps combined, and I'm afraid these maps wouldn't really go well with most of the regulars and possibly just random people, just saying.

What you probably don't understand is how many abilities the medics have in this build of zs, they're far greater than probably every other zombie survival mode out there, maps like these would mostly just get steamrolled, what once worked on Rushy won't always work here, you flagged the whole perk system as garbage and stupid so I dunno.

PS: Stop writing seperated sentences for replies, just make a paragraph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 12)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom