Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Zombiez_'s Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiez_

Strange
User name: Zombiez_

Name
Zombiez_

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:46257302 (https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zombiez_/)

Your DiscordID
Zombiez_#8347

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I have played on the (Australian servers): x100, high(er)tower, dustbowl, classwars dustbowl, and jailbreak. I'd like to moderate the jailbreak.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
In my time of playing on the jailbreak server, (being the most played at the #1 spot in terms of points) I have never seen an admin/moderator on, even if I calladmin to report free killers or wardens not having mics/being appropriate. I have been an admin on quite a popular minecraft server and was so for over a year before resigning, so I have some experience dealing with and helping new and old players out. I know most, if not all of the rules and guidelines for jail break and have been playing the servers for quite a long time, not just blackwonder. Through my observations, the server is most popular when everyone is obeying rules and I've seen major losses in players when there are wardens and guards free killing, free hitting and abusing their full crits.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
Mostly on the weekends and from 5-ish to 9-ish pm ACST on weekdays but this may fluctuate some days.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
If a player was to be on Blu and was randomly selected to go Warden but did not have a mic or had one that was impossible to understand for prisoners, I would give them a warning to not go Blu next round, and if this is not followed, then temp ban for a day or two, or perm ban them from Blu until they proved further evidence that they fixed this issue.

If a player was mic spamming, I would warn them verbally in chat or voice chat to refrain from doing so, and if this is not followed, then temp mute for an hour, or perm mute them if it is that bad, so that people can hear and follow the Warden's orders.

If a player on Blu was constantly free killing (not talking about one time things where they slay them self afterwards), I would give them two warnings as chances to redeem themselves, then temp ban or perm ban them from Blu (this is the most prominent one I have observed not happening due to lack of staff on the Australian servers). If the guard/warden mass free killed even on one occasion, I would temp ban them from blue for about 5 days (if there is a system in place for staff to ban for certain lengths of time).

If I weren't doing these examples, I would just play the server like a normal player, as staff should still have fun, no?

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Just a suggestion, a lot of players have been getting annoyed at the Blu team having full crits, as this doesn't allow the aspect of rebelling to be possible. A thought I've had for a long time is to change this to mini-crits, as it still allows Blus to keep Reds in line but is not brokenly overpowered to where most single shots can one-shot prisoners.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
I have been an admin on quite a popular minecraft server and was so for over a year before resigning
Could you name the server?

Just a suggestion, a lot of players have been getting annoyed at the Blu team having full crits, as this doesn't allow the aspect of rebelling to be possible. A thought I've had for a long time is to change this to mini-crits, as it still allows Blus to keep Reds in line but is not brokenly overpowered to where most single shots can one-shot prisoners.
You know, Suggestions subforum exist for a reason, plus this suggestion has been rejected countless times, BLUs cannot handle a team that is 3x (and in some cases, 4x) bigger than them without full crits, specially if the whole enemy team got ammo/it's Warday.

By the way, you don't really know how the punishment system works here and your punishments are incomplete.
But looking at the bright side, you're pretty active.

About your chatlog... ugh... I will try to get some patience before i can analyze all the 120 pages on it, but for now~

Sincerely, your application needs as much improving as your behaviour, your app just looks like you were in a rush, -support.

Though, i still wish you luck on your app.

Zombiez_

Strange
Also, with the chat log about swearing, are you not allowed to say that word or?
Alongside this, most of those could have been passed off if there was an admin/moderator to get the person off blue that was breaking the rules. The use of harsh language kind of helps when all the players on have no permissions and power to make gameplay better for everyone.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Yes, you can say "Fuck" once or twice, but you have 4 pages of that word in less than 6 months, and you also used it as an insult a couple of times.

Also,
The use of harsh language kind of helps when all the players on have no permissions and power to make gameplay better for everyone.
How exactly would it help?

Last edited:

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Also, with the chat log about swearing, are you not allowed to say that word or?
Alongside this, most of those could have been passed off if there was an admin/moderator to get the person off blue that was breaking the rules. The use of harsh language kind of helps when all the players on have no permissions and power to make gameplay better for everyone.
Due to this I will have to -Support you. This is not ideal way to handle users who are breaking rules. You clearly don't have a grasp of how an admin should act like.

Zombiez_

Strange
Due to this I will have to -Support you. This is not ideal way to handle users who are breaking rules. You clearly don't have a grasp of how an admin should act like.
[This is for everyone btw, not just for the reply]
When users are not following rules, and in nearly every instance I have come across do not change their ways and oblige by the rules or change team even when 95% of the server requests them to do so. Yes, it's not an ideal way, but what else are we supposed to do in the event of a mass free killer. I have in numerous times reported them on the discord through all of the proper formatting and all of the admins either do not join and help, are reluctant to come or come when it is too late and half of the server has left already due to ruined game play. Again, I am not applying for admin, I am applying for moderator or some rank/abilities that have actual permissions to help fill in the obvious gap in staffing and attention that the Australian servers get, and the people on there, most of the frequent players, deem me to be a very good player/prisoner/guard/warden that rarely ever free kills, breaks rules and warden abuses. Alongside this, I am able to defend myself and calm the current situations etc without the use of swear words/profanity as I have done for the year that I staffed the minecraft server, and I am sure the admins are looking into and asking Sporky or Ditto, (not sure who the current owner is) about my previous history as they dm'd me about. If you do not find this message useful then feel free to deny my application, but I am not that bad of a guy in person, and am just trying to help the server in the points listed above. With some help and assistance from a member of the staff team (such as Wanka as I met today when I reported a free killer, who got banned, (nice name btw, suitable for staffing I guess, nothing against you bruv)) but yeah. Players just need a way to vote to punish / move people off blue that are rulebreaking because our current solution is to FF and have fellow guards kill them which is against the rules and sometimes does not work if someone in the BLU team is friends with them or themselves become warden. That concludes it I guess. Yeah. Hope you re-consider your view on me as a person.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
but what else are we supposed to do in the event of a mass free killer.
Idk, maybe !calladmin, calling an admin on #requesthelp (Pinging them) or recording and reporting them? Offending him will just make you also reportable.

Sporky or Ditto, (not sure who the current owner is) about my previous history as they dm'd me about
Not sure about other admins/mods, but i asked the current head moderator and he could confirm you were an admin on CascadeMC/BoostedNetwork and that you also voluntarily resigned, thankfully.

Players just need a way to vote to punish / move people off blue that are rulebreaking
Donators exist for a reason, you know.

No offenses, but i'm still wondering, is that how your behaviour were when you admin-ed on CascadeMC?
Anyway, you should try again when you mature a bit, you probably is just not very used to how rules are different on our server, there's always a hope.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

The reason for all the swears in chatlogs is down to it just being part of his vocabulary. Very little of it was directed towars people (with what little context can be seen, of course) and when I was hanging back on AUSJB without my presence being known, I heard hardly anything mean-spirited. Basically the same deal as me where it holds very little meaning and is used mostly in jest.
Does that excuse it? Not exactly. If you want to leave a good impression for admins then you do have to tone down the language.
The use of harsh language kind of helps when all the players on have no permissions and power to make gameplay better for everyone.
This part is a bit stupid though. Trying to control the situation by swearing vigorously at someone can just lead to you being reported and does not set a good example for normal players. Though it perfectly encapsulates why AUS needs powerusers if all anyone can do is verbally poke the offender.
As for the application, your punishment section needs an overhaul in appearence, content and detail on punishment lengths. You can't hand someone a permanent mute for a first-time offence. It can be longer than the usual time but not that long. Other than that, it's alright.

tl;dr Zombiez's sailor tongue only needs a snip and it isn't really being rude and the application itself is a bit "meh". I know you want the best for the server and there is potential here, but it's just not good enough. -support. Patch up a few things and your next application should be good.
A thought I've had for a long time is to change this to mini-crits, as it still allows Blus to keep Reds in line but is not brokenly overpowered to where most single shots can one-shot prisoners.
Been discussed several times before. Mini-crits just aren't powerful enough when the BLU to RED ratio is usually 1:4 or higher. Maybe if there was random bullet spread so you wouldn't have fucking sniper shotguns but I dunno, I'm operating on four hours of sleep here.

Pkay

-------
Hello Zombies_,

thank you for applying, I read your application and you really did not invest much time or effort in to making your application, from all the jailbreak rules
you mentioned only 3 rules, the 3 rules that would be most annoying for a player when playing the server normally; but the rules in the jailbreak server is not limited to only those 3, by limiting yourself to such a small sample for an example works against you in your application, it makes me think you know little about the rules. Further emphasizing that you invested little time to make your application is the fact that you are neither clear nor have a clear idea on how the commands you are striving to obtain work when you mentioned how you would punish the rule breakers in the given examples. A good way to research and improve on those aspects is to read older applications from other players, by seeing the examples of good(accepted) and bad(declined) apps you will have an idea of both how much you should expand on each topic, you will also see that it is normally good if in your app you mention most, if not all rules for the server you are applying to, specially if that server is jailbreak; better yet would be to go beyond that and mention specific examples for variables and how that would influence your judgement. The last section is a location intended to be used for further explanation on yourself and why you should be accepted, in your case specially all you did was complain about something that has been discussed several times on different occasions and so far the conclusion is that the blue team needs the crits.

Nonetheless this is but my opinion and I still wish you good luck on your application and in the event that you aren't, then good luck on the next one as well and give it some time before applying again.

best wishes,
~Pkay

tl;dr: -support.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning Zombiez_

Most of the other staff have touched on the more important aspects of this application very well so I won't have much to say on this.

Disrespecting players is not the best way to "get them in line" so to speak, so your chat logs do need work. Swearing is fine however like wanka said, it's not needed to be used in such ways.

The application itself is very rushed. I can't comment on all the JB rules, so I will leave that to those that are knowledgeable in that area but I know there are a lot more then what you have listed here. The ones you did list are either incorrect or too harsh.

In my time of playing on the jailbreak server, (being the most played at the #1 spot in terms of points) I have never seen an admin/moderator on, even if I calladmin to report free killers or wardens not having mics/being appropriate. I have been an admin on quite a popular minecraft server and was so for over a year before resigning, so I have some experience dealing with and helping new and old players out.

My advice? Given the times you are available, this same comment about not seeing a staff member will be aimed at you as well. The staff can only handle what they see or are informed about. Shadow briefly touched on this, using !calladmin, the request help channel in discord, making a report are all things the staff uses to help the community. We encourage and thank community members who use the features because it helps us out since we can't be everywhere all the time. Also claiming negligence on the staff, bragging about your rank, and then stating you are an admin elsewhere is not the best way to describe "Why would you like to become a moderator? "

My suggestion is to go and take a look at the accepted applications, which we can tell you did not do. This will help you gain an understanding of what it is the staff looks for in these Apps. Perhaps take a look at the declined ones as well so you know what NOT to do.

For the moment -Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom