Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Yass's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yass

Strange

Yass

Username: Yass

Name
Yassine, you may call me Yass though.

Your Age
17 years old.

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. I am not too sure about this one, but I am quite definitely sure I have not. No.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:131795318

Your DiscordID
Yass#6294

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Team Fortress 2:

- Muddgaming, and old community I used to love so much. Sadly, the owner stopped funding the servers due to personal reasons. Probably loss of interest. I was a Moderator in a VSH server. I was very young, and learned to deal with people and learned to express myself whenever it was necessary. I learned a lot during those times. I learned to punish people if necessary, I learned to take control over the server when I needed to. I learned to hear people out when they had an appeal about someone, when they needed help.. etc.

Now, here comes the confusing part... I told you before that the owner stopped funding the server, right? Well, guess what! The owner found someone suitable in taking over his servers (VSH Skyhigh 24/7 & VSH Resservoir 24/7)

- This next owner had a brand new community called War3vo. And in this community, the owner melted the Jailbreak, VSH and Deathrun community together in which I yet again was a moderator on. I later on do get to have the honor on being a staff member on not only the VSH servers I used to moderate on, but also the Jailbreak server! I had a very good time. But sadly, all good things came to an end. I finished my duties there as a Senior Moderator, on the VSH server.. the highest rank I have achieved, was Admin.

Now, do bare in mind that this was quite a while ago. But that doesn't mean that the stuff I have learned from these two communities, are not taken with. Because I definitely have taken every single experience with me, and am not afraid to prove that to this community. :)

Garry's Mod:

There's yet more! After the sad end of the lovely Team Fortress 2 communities, I sadly had to move on from it. So, I decided to wander around in Garry's mod. I found this lovely place called Skillzworld, and to keep this story nice and short. I did everything what I could to achieve staffmembership, and.. it worked out far greater than I ever expected. I flied through the ranks, and after a year of playing. I managed to have the rank of Head-Admin. I ran the entire staff-team and made sure to do my job well. If there were any concerns/questions, I would answer them asap. I would let every single report know to my staff-team and the community. Including news, player reports (This to obviously only staff), etc. This community, by the way.. was a Pedobear server, which also had a Deathrun server. But I was not a staff on the Deathrun servers.

And that basically sums up my great journey of staffmembership. :)

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
The VSH ones, as I am mostly acquainted to VSH. Since it's the place where it all started.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Because I want to be able to do something productive for a Team Fortress 2 community, I want to be there to support players with their problems and make sure to run the servers as efficiently as possible..

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members?

Yes, and I was allowed to mention only of them:

CometPM
Herzog Widukind

Pkay has been with me in-game as well, but I am not going to count him like Comet because I am not sure how much Pkay knows me and don't have any permission to. But I have been with him in the server and had a laugh with him and some players.

How often do you play TF2?
Quite often to be fairly honest, I've started getting back into it recently.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Friendly hale:

I would verbally warn the player about their action, and kindly ask them to actively try to win against the RED team. if the hale occurs to not listen to these warnings. I would punish them with a slay next round. Because in my books, not following the rules as a hale and ruining it for the others, would be justified by them also missing a full round as a RED. So that they wouldn't do this action next time. This punishment used to be very effective on our old community, and if the player still doesn't bother with following the rules/guidelines. I would sadly have to move to more drastic measures.

Micspamming/chatspamming:

I would work with a 'three times is the charm' system. This speaks for itself, warn the player 3 times before muting, gagging or silencting them. Silencing would only be used if the player is known for both actions. (Constantly spamming his mic + in chat.)

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Not too much, really. Maybe the fact that I am quite busy with school sometimes. Especially nowadays with my exams. But that shouldn't bother my playtime too much.

Also, please mind the fact that I am aware of most commands. But some may be new to me as I haven't hosted a VSH server for quite some time. Please do bare that in mind, but I will do my very best! :)

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Dutch, German and somewhat Moroccan (Arabic).

Last edited:

Oak

Gore-Spattered
Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. I am not too sure about this one, but I am quite definitely sure I have not. No.
Hey Yass, you currently have only 2 hours worth of playtime, which I would suggest to improve if you want to become a moderator.

yassplaytime.png

Your DiscordID
Yass#6294
I would suggest joining the BLW discord, as you currently aren't in it. ( https://discord.com/invite/vnXQgED )

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Friendly hale:

I would verbally warn the player about their action, and kindly ask them to actively try to win against the RED team. if the hale occurs to not listen to these warnings. I would punish them with a slay next round. Because in my books, not following the rules as a hale and ruining it for the others, would be justified by them also missing a full round as a RED. So that they wouldn't do this action next time. This punishment used to be very effective on our old community, and if the player still doesn't bother with following the rules/guidelines. I would sadly have to move to more drastic measures.

Micspamming/chatspamming:

I would work with a 'three times is the charm' system. This speaks for itself, warn the player 3 times before muting, gagging or silencting them. Silencing would only be used if the player is known for both actions. (Constantly spamming his mic + in chat.)
Is it possible if you could also add ladders to this, I would like to see how long you will punish people for if they break the VSH rules and General rules, and can you also add what you will do if they're camping and delaying the round. You can use accepted apps to get an idea of what to put in your ladders but don't plagiarize.

Nothing to say about your chatlogs, they're looking good.

Also you have no priors, which is also good.

yasspriors.png

But like I said, I would highly suggest you improve your recent (2020) playtime if you ever want to be a mod. I do believe you will, and I'm looking forwards to play with you in VSH UK and US in the weeks to come.

Last edited:

Yass

Strange

Yass

Greetings Herzog, and of course!

What I would do with a delaying hale is quite simple, I would ask them to actively try to kill the Reds, you could consider this my first step of the ladder, in this procedure. I would make sure to tell the player what they are doing wrong, make sure to tell them about the rule. And try and assure that the action, which is in this case delaying as a hale; Will not be commited again. I will also make sure to tell them to try /nohale or !nohale next time.

if they happened to take it a step further, which would be ladder step 2. I will take more action, the Hale shall be slayed and shall be slayed next round as a RED. Which again, hopefully makes the player understand that if you don't want to be hale, to type /nohale or !nohale. If the player has done this, but still got Hale? Then they simply need to try. As being Saxton Hale isn't about winning, but about the experience for you, and all the others.

Now, the last ladder. And I don't think this is a nice one. I don't know if hale/teambanning is a thing on your community, but it's a method we used to use on our old community. This makes it so that the player won't be able to be chosen as hale, and therefore miss out on some things like the amount of credits they receive per RED kill. That's the procedure I'd use if it was there. Another way, would be kicking/banning the player. I am not sure if this action is used for this sort of problem, but if it is. Then I'll use it, if it's not. Then I'll stick to procedure one.

EDIT: I saw the way you guys described your ladders, so to give you a better look at what I would do in certain situations, here you go:

Camping Hale: > 1 warning + refering the player to the rules > slay them as a RED + Hale, since in my books: Not volunteering in everyone's fun when you are being hale, means that you shouldn't have the right to then follow up with a RED round either. As both parties are important to the gamemode. > From this point forward, it'll just be the 2nd part over and over again till the player understands. If it would occur that the player doesn't seem to ENJOY playing as hale, I would also refer them to the !nohale command. But, sadly.. this command doesn't always turn out the way you always want. Because if too many people have it set as /nohale, someone will be chosen. > If the player keeps however breaking this rule, then this will lead to a 1 hour ban > 3 hour ban > 7 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 3 days ban > 1 week ban > possible perm.. (At this stage, I will discuss it with fellow staff-members, especially higher ups.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With general rules, it really depends on what exactly they would have broken. People that for example are being racist. Usually instantly end up in being silenced, because their intentions are clearly there. Obviously first warn them before actually punishing them, but I wouldn't treat racism as leniantly as a player micspamming. Because it could inflict serious damage on a community player's well-being. Because racism is a rather complicated topic. And for some people, something they'd rather not witness or hear out. Especially during these times with a pandemic, what I am exactly striving for is a community where people can come together and have fun. And to be able to feel distracted from what's going on in the real world. Because it's a whole mess, but the BlackWonder servers could ease that feeling of stress, by a simple helpful and cheerful community.

EDIT, ONE MORE SITUATION WITH THE PROPER LADDER SYSTEM! Disrespectful/toxicity: 2 warnings + refer them to the rule > 3 times is the charm, mute/gag for 1 hour. > mute/gag for 3 hours > player would be known too wel for this action, so a mute/gag for 8 hours. > mute/gag for 12 hours > mute/gag for 1 week > Silence (perm) with reports to the staff-team about said behavior. With discussion this player shall be released from said silence, but only when discussed, to see if the player has made any progressions in his behavior.. And whatever happens after shall be decided with more opinions about the topic, which I will not decide alone.

HACKING/CHEATING: > Observe the situation at hand, are they REALLY cheating/hacking as the report states? + Demo of gameplay > Permanent ban if the reports are correct, and will provide the staff-team with recorded footage.

And about my playtime, I do agree that I will definitely have to up that by a lot. But I will assure you that if by some chance, I get accepted. I will do my best.

I am sorry for this late response, I had two exams to take today and therefore went to bed early yesterday. I hope that this response will still be taken to account, if not. Then that's a bummer, but better luck next time! :)

I hope to have given you enough information, I will make sure to check out the Blackwonder Discord, my apologies for the lack of playtime. And thank you so much for the response. I wish you all a pleasant day!

Last edited:

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Hi Yass,

My experience with you in-game indicated your knowledge of the rules encouraging players to follow them while remaining respectful and friendly.

I think once you get more involved with the community you would make a good addition to the team.

Yass

Strange

Yass

Hi Yass,

My experience with you in-game indicated your knowledge of the rules encouraging players to follow them while remaining respectful and friendly.

I think once you get more involved with the community you would make a good addition to the team.
Thank you so much, Comet.

I will do so, I have been telling players to follow the rules whenever possible. And have made sure to keep the 'energy' in servers positive. I by no doubt can promise that I will not ever fail in doing so. Because positivity is one of the most important aspects of a good community such as this one. I will keep striving towards a save environment where players through-out the globe can come together and enjoy their matches with others. Jokes are always welcome (In a certain category, racist jokes of course not included) as long as those that are involved, find it as funny as everyone else.

~ Yass

Yass

Strange

Yass

Edited my app a little bit, it has to do with the Moderators I have spoken to / I am allowed to mention.

Yass

Strange

Yass

Edited my app once again, have added Herzog to the staff I am allowed to mention as he has given me his approval to do so.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom