Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted x1000 needs a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeet McMeat

The Beggars Bazooka really needs a change or a ban, a limited rocket lifetime or even just explosion on the player immediately after firing could fix so many issues. I've personally seen the beggars ruin this server so many times from causing so much lag and crashes/restarts. People have been abusing it on purpose and calling an admin hasn't helped to stop them, every time I've gotten on there someone is spamming the beggars and people always tell them to stop but of course they never do. Its also amazingly easy to get a stupid amount of server points by airblasting someone using the beggars.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Alright, I'll just drop my two cents about this.
Its also amazingly easy to get a stupid amount of server points by airblasting someone using the beggars.
I don't really see why this is a problem, does anyone care about server points on those timesX servers?

I've personally seen the beggars ruin this server so many times from causing so much lag and crashes/restarts
Right. This is mostly the major point. There are many weapons that are broken in x1000. Remember, the stats *should* be multiplied by 1000, meaning by default, it's already a very broken gamemode. TF2 is also a very old game. If we nerf the projectiles to a level where there won't be lag or any crashing, I doubt we can call this server "x1000". Plus, some weapons like the force-a-nature have already been nerfed. Honestly, I don't have enough technical knowledge to know if TF2 can even support a pseudo-x1000, or if the nerfs are gonna turn x1000 into a x500 or something like that.

I'll just put a collection of threads related to x1000:

Yeet McMeat

Alright, I'll just drop my two cents about this.

I don't really see why this is a problem, does anyone care about server points on those timesX servers?

Right. This is mostly the major point. There are many weapons that are broken in x1000. Remember, the stats *should* be multiplied by 1000, meaning by default, it's already a very broken gamemode. TF2 is also a very old game. If we nerf the projectiles to a level where there won't be lag or any crashing, I doubt we can call this server "x1000". Plus, some weapons like the force-a-nature have already been nerfed. Honestly, I don't have enough technical knowledge to know if TF2 can even support a pseudo-x1000, or if the nerfs are gonna turn x1000 into a x500 or something like that.

I'll just put a collection of threads related to x1000:

If the gamemode is supposed to be so broken its unplayable then why are there weapons already banned. The beggars is the only thing that's actually capable of ruining the game for everyone else and I see people complain about it constantly on the server. Every other weapon has some kind of counter except the beggars and it's only used to cause problems anyways. I only added the server points thing if it was a problem I didn't know it it mattered or not. Its already bad enough that the server seems to get no moderation at all, at the least a votekick would suffice.

Voltzz

Unremarkable

Voltzzz

this issue is still present on the server, and i have to say i disagree with your assessment of it.
Yes there are a lot of broken weapons in 1000x; half the weapons are op and half the weapons dont even work. But the problem with the Beggars is not that it it OP. It does no damage (normally) and you cant really control where it throws you. It is not a very good weapon, so the only reason ppl use it, is to crash the server. The rest of the weapons might be unbalanced, but the weird effects in 1000x create really interesting and engaging gameplay. i have had some of my most fun tf2 rounds on this server, but in the end one stupid troll is enough to ruin it. One single guy with a beggars bazooka is enough to crash half the ppl on the server to desktop, and periodically make all equipped weapons vanish.
i dont think you should make large changes to the server. it is already really fun and that is because it is broken, but i think you should just completely remove the Beggars Bazooka, because its only purpose is to stop other ppl from playing and enjoying the game.

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
we're discussing the matter with other staff members to see what action to take about the beggars.

Voltzz

Unremarkable

Voltzzz

Copied stats from x100 to x1000
i have now played a few times with the change, and wanted to give some feedback
since the nerf i have not seen the server itself crash, but this was also relatively rare before the nerf.
on the other hand the frequency of ppl crashing to desktop, and of everyone losing their Weapons and A-Posing, does not seem to have gone down. As far as i noticed, the nerf only seems to have affected the amount of rockets the beggars can store (down to 250). If you include reload time, this would mean the amount of projectiles it can fire in a given time has not changed significantly
The nerf seems to have done less than hoped.
i would still suggest experimentally banning the Beggars ( maybe for 1 week), to see the effect on server stability
I am a bit sick, of building an engie nest only to have it all vanish when my building tool disappears
i was honestly not aware that this was even possible

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
You can only load 30 rockets. This should not cause issues anymore. If it does it must be other projectile weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom