Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Winter uwu's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter uwu

Scarcely Lethal

Al1ce

User name: Winter uwu

Name
Winter or Alice

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:78166276

Your DiscordID
Winter♥#0922

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Airborne Delta for a few weeks while they were setting things up and a smaller server I cannot remember the name of.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Dodgeball AUS, Hightower AUS, 2Fort AUS, Jailbreak Aus

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become a moderator because I see a lack of active moderators, apart from Y3p and Breezie, that are not just actively playing. The only time these other moderators join are when they are asked to in #requesthelp. I play most of the day everyday and I believe I can help enforce the rules of the server to benefit the community.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Y3p and Breezie

When are you usually available to play?
I am generally able to play all hours of the day however school will be starting back in 3 weeks so my hours will be limited.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Jailbreak Rules
Do not overtalk Admin during a mic check- Mute and gag
No talking over Warden- Mute or Slay
No armoury camping- Slay and teamban
No baiting- Slay
No delaying- Slay
No ghosting- 30 minutes mute or gag> 1 hour mute or gag> 1 day> 3 days> 1 week
No continuously calling out false accusations-30 minutes mute or gag> 1 hour mute or gag> 1 day> 3 days> 1 week
No sticky traps-Slay or teamban

Red Team
No cheating- Slay
No camping in unreachable areas- slay

Blue Team
Have a good microphone- Teamban, Slay
Be willing to play Warden- Teamban, Slay
No freekilling- Freekilling will result in a slay or teamban. Mfreekilling will result in slay, Teamban and possibly a temporary ban.
No pardoning reds- This will result in a slay and possibly teamban

General Rules
Mic Spam-Warning> 30 minute mute>1 hour mute> 2 hour mute> 4 hour mute>6 hour mute
Cheating-Permanent Ban
Exploits-Warn>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week> Permanent Ban
Calladmin abuse- Warning>Mute>1 hour ban>3 hour ban
Calling out an undercover admin/mod- Warning>Mute>1 hour ban>3 hour ban

Dodgeball Rules
Stealing-Warning>Slay>1 hour ban> 3 hour ban> 5 hour ban> 1 day ban> 3 day ban
Suicide-2 warning>kick>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week? Permanent Ban
Delaying-Warning>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week> Permanent Ban
Player blocking-Warning>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week> Permanent Ban

Deathmatch Rules
Spawn Camping-Warning>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week> Permanent Ban
Exploiting-Warning>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week> Permanent Ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
This is my second time applying due to a error in my judgement last time. I have done my entire application myself this time. I apologise about last time.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Konny

Notably Dangerous

Konny

Hello winter, just quickly pointing out:

General Rules
Mic Spam-Mute

Please add times like you have done with other punishments.

Dodgeball Rules
Stealing-Slay>ban
Suicide-2 warning>kick>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week? Permanent Ban
Delaying-Warning>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week> Permanent Ban
Player blocking-Warning>Slay>1 day ban>2 day ban> 3 day ban> 1 week ban> 2 week>3 week>4 week> Permanent Ban

Again, add times for the "stealing" punishment. For delaying, suicide and stealing, the first punishment should be 1 hour, then 1 day ect.
Also, what would you do for calladmin abuse and calling out undercover admins/mods? Also, i can't judge the jailbreak rules since i don't mod jailbreak.
Your chat logs seem fine, however the odd swearing here and there, very RARELY at other players, do be sure not to offend others!

Thats all i had to point out, Good luck!

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
You are disrespectful on servers and do not have a basic grasp of the rules. You ignore staff and show a lackluster attitude when it comes to being a staff member.

Winter uwu

Scarcely Lethal

Al1ce

Tax Fraud, I am only seriously disrespectful when being disrespected. Otherwise Im jokingly "disrespectful" with people who know I am. Could you explain on how I do not have a basic grasp of the rules please? According to others and Moderators, I have a fair grasp on the rules and am good at enforcing them with the powers I have with Donor rank. I have only been told of "Donor Abuse" when the people I have slayed/muted or tbanned dont understand the rules and accuse me of it. I dont ignore staff and if I know they are staff (I obviously dont know all the moderators/Admins) I try and be nice and greet them, I also listen to them when I make mistakes. As towards my attitude I dont see how I have a lackluster attitude towards being a staff member but that is up to you and your opinion.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning Winter,

After I had an encounter with Winter last night and they informed me they were applying to be a Mod, I thought it best to add my 2 cents. I do have to agree with Tax Fraud on some points. Being disrespectful at all is not allowed, which is actually the very first rule listed under the General rules tab.

According to others and Moderators, I have a fair grasp on the rules and am good at enforcing them with the powers I have with Donor rank.
Who?

I dont ignore staff and if I know they are staff (I obviously dont know all the moderators/Admins) I try and be nice and greet them, I also listen to them when I make mistakes.
This was not demonstrated in the slightest last night. You believe a Staff position gives you "rights' to tell other players to "Shut up". When I warned another player to stop Mic spamming because they were singing (Very horribly I might add), you jumped in to inform me I was wrong. Your defense in this was "I know the rules, I am applying for Mod". When trying to explain to you that someone singing, using a soundboard, or making obnoxious sounds falls under Mic Spam, you did not have the attitude of someone wanting to learn this. You instead simply responded with "It was only for 10 seconds" and thats not Mic spam.

This leads me to your chat logs.
Winter.PNG

Yeah...You can't run around calling players a dumbass. This does not come across like you were retaliating. Seems more like you were attacking others based on criticism aimed at yourself.
I am only seriously disrespectful when being disrespected.
If you can't handle criticism or being called out for something without lashing back in an angry fashion, a position with power is not what you need.

https://tfstats.tf/player/403031 After our conversation, you decided to pick my brain about the rules. Simple things such as spawn camping, spray-bans, etc. This made me wonder if you had even looked at the rule list at all.
https://blackwonder.tf/wiki/tf2-rules/ I will provide that for you here.

winter2.PNG

You were also very recently punished for calling out an admin. This is also in the rules.
Also, what would you do for calladmin abuse and calling out undercover admins/mods?
You were even asked this question prior to being punished on the same day.

Could you explain on how I do not have a basic grasp of the rules please?
I think everything above demonstrates the answer to your question. You need more time to familiarize yourself with the rules and what they mean. It would be my suggestion that instead of having this app declined, you take some time before applying.
I do not believe you are ready for a staff position.

Winter uwu

Scarcely Lethal

Al1ce

I wish to give my input on what has been said momentarily. I believe you failed to point out situation that a lot of these were in. As for the moderators who have stated I have a fair grasp on the rules, that would be Y3p and Breezie. I never stated the Staff position gives me the right to tell someone to shut up, In that situation the other person in the incident had asked me to giver input then promptly overtalked me with no sign of stopping. As to regards with the kid 'Micspamming', He was singing, if you can call it that it was more speaking, for 2-3 seconds at both minimal length and volume with no background music to speak of. The person did have a bad microphone but it wasnt bad to the point of micspam. I stated that I do not believe it was micspam as for the duration being 2-3 seconds. As for the chat logs you have mentioned. This is in retaliation to someone either slaying me or not knowing the rules and not listening to me on input and being rude about it. And a lot of those instances are towards friends who know im joking. I asked you about the rules as you have a clear understanding of the rules so I wanted to compare what I've heard and read to what you say, Nothing more than that, Am I not allowed to ask questions regarding your standards of the rules? As regards to the calling out of breezie, I was unaware he was under a different name as multiple people had just been calling him Breezie and so did I. However I was the only one who typed it in chat so I got gagged for it. Im never generally angry as you put it. I rarely get angry, being disrespectful to disrespectful people is not a form of anger. That is just my opinion on your statement.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

As for the chat logs you have mentioned. This is in retaliation to someone either slaying me or not knowing the rules and not listening to me on input and being rude about it. And a lot of those instances are towards friends who know im joking.
I can get jokingly messing around with your friends, calling them certain things for the laughs but you then brought up that it was 'retaliation'.

@Kerknor mentioned about your chatlogs because he wanted to point out that the way you behave isn't acceptable. It doesn't matter if you've said it to your friends. It doesn't even matter if they knew it was a joke because nobody else would've cared to even take it into account. I certainly wouldn't. I would've just seen you as someone with a short-temper.

You are actively displaying toxicity which could influence others to join in thinking that it's alright. You saying that it was 'retaliation' already says plentiful about you, and I wouldn't want someone going about calling people 'dumbasses' (jokingly or not) to be a role model and example of our community.
being disrespectful to disrespectful people is not a form of anger.
Correct. Disrespecting those who have been disrespectful to you isn't necessarily a form of anger. It's a form of immaturity. If someone calls you a piece of shit and you 'retaliated', what do you think would happen? It will spiral into an argument and it will ABSOLUTELY cause these "disrespectful" people to continue with their behavior because YOU have given them an indirect thumbs-up that their behavior will have an outcome they wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom