Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved why are the tf2 mge servers so stuttery?

reece

Strange
i was going to post this on teamfortress.tv but i dont know if any of the blackwonder mge server owners browse there. the blackwonder mge servers are nearly always stuttery/jittery. this is really disappointing because the blackwonder servers are the only places you can find decent games of public mge. everyone i know agrees that the servers aren't very good. will there ever be a server migration? or will there ever be a fix for this?

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello,
we run 5 MGE servers. Could you specify which one of them is stuttering? We also have no relation to teamfortress.tv so posting their would certainly not be seen by any of us

reece

Strange
Hello,
we run 5 MGE servers. Could you specify which one of them is stuttering? We also have no relation to teamfortress.tv so posting their would certainly not be seen by any of us
all of the blackwonder mge servers ive played have been stuttery. ive played the texas one and the LA one.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
That's very odd. Those servers do not suffer from any performance bottleneck. What is the var like when you type net_graph 4?

reece

Strange
heres a screenshot of my net graph from a few mins ago
ss.png

edit: from the tx server

Hugges

Dude I've been experiencing the exact same shit. This server performs so bad it tanks my comp's performance causing insane fps stutters. I didn't even know that was possible but it does

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I think this might be because of the lag bot crisis or the servers are being D-DOS'D, that could be too, but it could be random people having bad internet as I saw a large influx of people from other countries having really shoddy wifi.

reece

Strange
I think this might be because of the lag bot crisis or the servers are being D-DOS'D, that could be too, but it could be random people having bad internet as I saw a large influx of people from other countries having really shoddy wifi.
i dont think so. the lagbot crisis seemingly has only affected valve servers. its also definitely a server issue, not a client issue. i can be playing on one private TX mge server just fine and then connect to blackwonder and its super choppy.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Just gone to the texas server and the server is running smoothly. Our servers restart daily. By chopy do you mean that you are experiencing packet loss once in a while or constantly at a regular rate?

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom