Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why are the Dustbowl Class Wars servers empty now?

Sarsath

Sarsath

Not long ago, they were full of people, but not anymore.

EDIT: I am referring to the two servers with a player limit of 50 and 64 each.

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I mean, we host the servers, but we don't control the players, when people don't wanna play, they kinda just... don't?
and as a result, the server is dead

YellowDice

Strange
My problem with the class wars servers is that its only on dustbowl, impressive that it gets players in the first place if you can play more than 1 hour of it hats off to you.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
My problem with the class wars servers is that its only on dustbowl, impressive that it gets players in the first place if you can play more than 1 hour of it hats off to you.
We do have a map rotation class wars, but it's been proven time and time again that for some odd reason players prefer the dustbowl server as that one consistently fills up before the rotation server gets a single player.

YellowDice

Strange
I suggest changing 2 other servers that don't have players anymore into a class wars "all maps" one for eu and usa with 32 players since edicts can vary for many maps. It could work won't hurt to try. I'd certainly join a server that had class wars on a payload map.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I suggest changing 2 other servers that don't have players anymore into a class wars "all maps" one for eu and usa with 32 players since edicts can vary for many maps. It could work won't hurt to try. I'd certainly join a server that had class wars on a payload map.
That's what I said, we had a server running alongside the dustbowl one that had a map rotation, but it was less popular than dustbowl.

DaggerSable

Bodyshot Machine
Staff Member
Admin
I know I don't join them to play anymore because I encounter problems when there's 40+ players, and I'm on during high-traffic times.

On the subject of the rotating maps, I used to play on that server a lot. People would choose Helms Deep, it would break, and everyone would DC after about fifteen minutes. That certainly didn't help.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Already there. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403_125542_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_125542_Chrome.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 20

YellowDice

Strange
Well I'd rename it to all maps / class wars instead of "dustbowl" "rotation" since its confusing terms for the average dum dum player and have it be on either badwater or upward as the startup map and maybe have these settings:

mp_timelimit 0
mp_maxrounds 0
mp_winlimit 0

with still being able to nominate and rtv to change maps.

If that still doesn't work then, yeah cull the servers who don't have players anymore nothin else to add ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Well I'd rename it to all maps / class wars instead of "dustbowl" "rotation" since its confusing terms for the average dum dum player and have it be on either badwater or upward as the startup map and maybe have these settings:
I kinda agree with this, removing the dustbowl from the title and changing it to "all maps" might help. worth a shot

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom