Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's The Hardest Class To Master?

What's The Hardest Class To Master?

• Scout

• Soldier

• Pyro

• Demo

• Heavy

• Engi

• Medic

• Sniper

• Spy

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
All classes take skills (Yes Even Heavy :D....) each with their advantages and disadvantages so which class would be the hardest to master?

I want to hear what you guys have to say any thoughts, reasons, etc. on why you chose that class?

TheLoudMan

One class, in particular, has a VERY high skill ceiling. And it's Demoman. Why? Well, in order for Demo to get the best DPS he can, he has to directly hit someone with his weapons, unlike Sniper, which he is all hitscan. And since both his stickies and Grenades are projectiles, he's very fragile. Especially in close range combat or when fighting a scout, and that he has to predict where the enemies are going to go so he can actually hit his pipes.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Loudman has a pretty good argument for demo. On top of having to hit every shot, demo can still do complex jumps and also has the subclass of demoknight which can also be used for complex jumps.

Soldier is similar, but I would say not quite up there with demo.

I'd also say medic is relatively high up, given that you need to know what the best medigun is for a situation, need to know how to aim the crossbow, and just generally needs to be able to keep themselves alive. Harder than it sounds when everybody is aiming at you so they can kill the dude you're trying to heal. There are so many strategies people use just to trick people in various ways. For ecamole, everybody knows about masking the "ready to charge" medic cries out whenever he's "ready to charge" but there are other tricks people use such as tricking snipers into thinking you left by letting the person you are healing go ahead of you in front of their aim and unhealing them while they are in the snipers sights, then running after before the sniper realized you didn't abandon the person you are healing.

I'd say the skill ceiling is lower than demo, but there are a bunch of little tricks to medic that people use in order to make their doctor shaped target harder to hit.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Loudman does make compelling arguments, but IMO once you can play demo pretty decently it's pretty easy to sail on up. The class has two primaries, for heaven's sake.

IMO spy is the hardest class to play. For starters, the class is only played in HL (because you MUST have a spy). In 6s, playing spy is considered a form of disrespect to your opponent; that is how bad spy is. Anyone with half of a brain would spycheck their teammates. While interesting, spy isn't really good for much other than gathering info; but even then there are classes that are arguably better than that. Spy is a trash tier class (I would argue that pyro is currently below spy in terms of utility, but I digress, that has nothing to do with how easy/hard it is to master), however still very interesting to play.

DC Chroma

Sufficiently Lethal
Now here's the thing with mastering a class. Even if you put in all the time and effort practicing and getting really good at the class' mechanics, you still have to keep in mind one other factor that isn't always a constant; other players.

No matter how much time and effort you invested in one class, you'll find problems with it. Say you pit a seasoned Demoman with a new Scout, obviously the Demoman would win because of experience and practice. Now what if you pit a seasoned Demoman with a seasoned Scout, the fight will become more intense as it all comes down to 'who has the better mechanics?'

Now that I stated that, the classes which is hard to master are; Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, and Spy.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Sphee cuz clicky clicky facestebby is hard to learn but fun when you can casually poke people like me c:

Ezra

Mildly Menacing

Ezra

It takes practice to deceive a whole team, besides TF2 has been out for a long time. Everyone spychecks everyone.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom