Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What're your thoughts on the new pyro?

General Zimmer

Store Manager

GZimmer

Well, now that the pyro has been revamped and is now quite different from what the pyro "was", and it's been a few months so people should have had a chance to be comfortable with the new pyro. I think it's time to talk about him(again)

I personally think the pyro has been heavily buffed, because his airblast fits more his role as a pusher, and can now push enemies off cliffs or push ubered people away from each other instead of making people fly stuck up into the air. And the airblast+flare gun combo isn't as effective now, so he requires more aim on that part. His flamethrower is also more reliable, and people can see where the flames are so it's easier to dodge and aim with. Spy also benefits from this update because of the change to the afterburn, it doesn't straight up give you 10 seconds of afterburn if one flame just touches you, so getting away has at least for me been easier. Oh, and people getting healing by a medic is also more vulnerable to the afterburn because of the decreased healing, so having a pyro while fighting a team with a medic isn't that bad of an idea, but all of this is just my personal opinion. What're your thoughts? Is the new pyro good or bad?

Last edited:

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
They somehow managed to make it so you need less brainpower to play Pyro than before.
Just hold down M1, run at people and if they start fighting back, just shake your mouse left to right and the new fire particles will take care of the job for you. Great job, Valve, keep it up. Next up, Sniper will be able to headshot without scoping.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I don't like it at all. They buffed him way too much. The whole "attack the medic first" thing was thrown out the window, so really all they did was make it so M1+W was a good strategy.

The TF2 devs, yet again, made all the wrong changes.

♥Natsuki♥

Mildly Menacing
To be honest, the new weapons for the pyro update do seem “pretty” balanced, mainly because the jetpack allows us to flank behind but it gives such a loud noise that the enemy have a chance to have a clue that there is a pyro somewhere behind. The gas passer allows your team to light people on fire. And the hot hand is just a weird new useless weapon.

General Zimmer

Store Manager

GZimmer

To be honest, the new weapons for the pyro update do seem “pretty” balanced, mainly because the jetpack allows us to flank behind but it gives such a loud noise that the enemy have a chance to have a clue that there is a pyro somewhere behind. The gas passer allows your team to light people on fire. And the hot hand is just a weird new useless weapon.

Exactly! And people should just find out how to counter/fight pyros rather than complaining over how valve made him op or that he don't require skill. Mostly everytime that's been said, it's the persons own fault for not learning how to deal with pyros.

edit: I actually think it's really good that valve buffed pyros, he was quite bad and was lacking some consistency.

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

I feel like Valve is making the wrong choices. Just like when they invented casual and removed pubs. I don't really like pyro and I never did. Reason is that the pyro requires no skill and therefore gets played by many more players. But due to how easy it is to play as a pyro there's also various counter tactics such as being a scout, shooting from a save distance, being a sniper, headshoting pyros who run in a straight line, being a spy, backstabbing an oblivious pyro etc.

IMO the jetpack is balanced due to its delay when either jumping to an enemy or trying to escape an enemy. I've noticed this when playing casual that it isn't so op that I thought it was gonna be. The hot hand is more of a meme weapon for me. Useless. And the gas passer is more of a teamwork weapon. It can help your teamm8s by throwing the gas passer onto the enemy and then lighting it on fire.

I really hate that the airblast got changed cause now the pyros cant use their shotgun and flare techniques. And how many times do we even play on maps that have cliffs? Airblast is pretty much useless unless you like reflecting rockets or like pushing of people of hightower. I want the old airblast back.

As for now, I think that the pyro is ok because I feel that there are still many ways to counter a pyro and I dont want that to change.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom