Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What if the Medic had a Medigun that could also heal Engineer Buildings?

Uberdrive

So here's a baseline context of what I am thinking:
  • Heals Buildings, however cannot Ubercharge them (that would be too op)
  • Some sort of reward within the stats for healing engineer buildings on the condition that your team actually has an active Engineer.
  • Fair downside(s) that would make the Medigun balanced due to its increased aforementioned healing variety factor.​
  • A unique Ubercharge type that can be used on players.​
I came up with this idea for the purpose of maybe in the future to be used as a weapon to increase the help towards engie's as they also have a very important support role.

If you want to, in the comments you could list some stats and mechanics for the medigun and discuss the topic.

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
It's certainly an interesting concept, but in an actual competitive mind set healing and building uber charge are medics sole gimmicks to keep their allies alive, and save up charge for a push/defend against a push. Having a medic waste their time gathering metal/ammo, repairing/upgrading a building, buffing just the engineer when their teammates could be dying would be extremely detrimental especially if the other team has their own medic healing them. In other words, medic has other priorities more important than being a medbro for engineer.

Even if the ability was passively healing buildings or buffing the engineer, sadly I can't say it'd be worth since the other mediguns actually serve a purposes and different playstyles of medic whose ultimately just the healer dude.

The only reason I can't completely bash the idea is because it'd probably have great use in MvM. Theoretically if it was like a primary item that was a cross between the crusaders crossbow and rescue ranger, or had a passive buff/heal mechanic like the amputator upon taunting that'd be interesting.

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom