Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weapon Comparison Wednesday #1 (WCW)

Which Weapon Is Better?

• Total voters

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
The Liberty Launcher vs The Airstrike

"Both Mean Green Machines Of Somewhat Destruction"

The Liberty Launcher

+25% clip size
+40% projectile speed
-25% blast damage from rocket jumps

-25% damage penalty

The Liberty Launcher is a unique weapon with different mechanics compared to the other primaries. First, it has the second least amount of blast damage to self with first being the rocket jumper usually losing 15-25 HP per jump but when paired with gunboats it's reduced to 9-15 per jump which on many occasions useful this weapon can keep you in a fight longer due to the fact you can rocket jump through the map losing less HP unlike The Airstrike and the other weapons.It's extra clip can be useful and makes up for the damage penalty though it would be so much better if you there was a reload speed deduction on this weapon due to the fact you have to reload 5 shots instead of four.Going back to the extra clip size yes in 1v1 fights with other soldiers having that +1 extra rocket can be a help also it raises the chance of you getting a random crit (and don't we all love those ;) with its 40+ projectile speed it's able to make the rockets go significantly faster and does damage quicker than The Airstrike(when on the ground) though with all these wonderful upsides the damage penalty is an arm and a leg. Having less DPS is crucial downside and you need all 5 shots output a little more damage than The Airstrike(Depends on how many kills you have) Though when compared to stock it's sorta put to shame the stock almost does as much damage as the Liberty Launcher in 4 shots but when compared to the Airstrike it's 5 rockets out beats it if u have less than 2 kills.Liberty Launcher isn't a bad weapon at all but it's damage penalty once again can be a pain in the ass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Airstrike

-15% blast damage from rocket jumps
Increased attack speed and smaller blast radius while blast jumping
Clip size increased on kill
-15% damage penalty
-10% explosion radius

The Airstrike is a more of a gimmick weapon than anything else and also very situational due to the fact it's pros is useless when not used with the B.A.S.E Jumper.But when used with the B.A.S.E Jumper it's a force to be reckoned with! First, it has a -15% Blast Damage from Rocket Jumps which is 10% less than the Liberty Launcher, but it has an increased attacked speed which is unfortunately unmeasurable (according to these stats) and it has a smaller blast radius when jumping which will inflict less damage to yourself in general rocket jumping with this is about 25-35 damage which is higher than Liberty but here is where The Airstrike shines damage output (I know there is a penalty but wait I'll get to that) When in the air (most preferably) you gain rockets when you kill someone but you have faster rockets when in air compared to ground.You can go up to 8 rockets which make this weapon an absolute beast going around corners and surprising enemies with barrages of rockets turning them into smithereens.But there are some Heavy(Pun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) downsides first Snipers...Yes they will be a pain and you need to look at for them also you are very vulnerable when in the air Direct Hit and Liberty Soldiers can and will try to Airshot you and will have a more successful rate at doing it (Projectile Speed) also a huge downgrade you literally have to use the B.A.S.E Jumper(You are giving up team support/extra damage i.e Conch, Buff Banner, The Batillions Backup, Shotgun) to use this weapon effectively More Air Time = More Possible Damage and if you don't use it good luck getting kills. Also, there is a 15% damage penalty making it slightly weaker but stronger than the Liberty Launcher.Also -10% explosion radius now this is a situational downside technically if you are going against a group of people and you shoot trying to hit them you basically have a -25% damage penalty due to the fact that you won't hit them all because of the small explosion so you are missing out on more damage.Other than that like I said this is a gimmick weapon but when used right you can have a whole hell of fun.

Once again I can go on about facts and game mechanics I have to admit the Liberty Launcher does come out on top when it comes down to base damage but the Airstrike overshines it when you have 4 kills aka 8 rockets well I better stop typing because all this typing is hurting my fingers So People GO VOTE!VOTE!VOTE!

P.S. If I am missing something or made a mistake don't be afraid to tell me and also LEAVE YOUR OPINIONS DOWN BELOW I would love to hear your guy's thought's, ideas, problems, etc!

TheLoudMan

I like the air strike for MVM but besides that I find it really sucks unless you're using it on like a group of the enemy team all in one spot like payload or king of the hill. For me I prefer Liberty Launcher but both shit really Direct Hit ez.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom