Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Warrak's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrak

Rage Inducing

Warrak

Personal Information:

Name

Victor

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days?
No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days?
No

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Your SteamID
| steam3ID: [U:1:371430698]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:185715349
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198331696426

Your DiscordID
?Warrak#1581

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I was a Moderator for a rather small community and it’s server: “UHM Gaming”. At the time I helped keep the servers clean and did my job to the best of my ability when I had the time to do so. The community was decently sized and was worthwhile to be apart of. I felt comfortable in my position and did pretty decent on dishing out punishments to hackers and the occasional rule breaker.
The community has since gone dormant.
Group Url: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/UHMGaming
My mod application I made on their group page (accepted): https://steamcommunity.com/groups/UHMGaming/discussions/1/2741975115064140034/

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
> BlackWonder UK | Orange | Uber Upgrades
> BlackWonder TX | Orange | Uber Upgrades
> BlackWonder TX | Orange | Uber Upgrades | No Cap
> BlackWonder NY | Orange | Uber Upgrades
> BlackWonder LA | Orange | Uber Upgrades
> BlackWonder | Orange | Uber Upgrades
> BlackWonder BR | Orange | Uber Upgrades
> BlackWonder LA | Slender Fortress (lesser active but still occasional activity)
> BlackWonder | Slender Fortress (lesser active but still occasional activity)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Questions:

Why would you like to become a moderator?

I’ve been on and off within this community for quite a few years now and had thoughts of applying ever since early 2017 and late 2016 but was pretty busy with other stuff. I was involved in other communities that did or didn’t have servers at the time. Never felt motivated to really dedicate much of my time to more than one specific community. Towards the end of 2018 I’ve decided to just report people in order to kinda keep my free will in game and not dedicate myself to a position until I feel it was appropriate. 2019 my activity was pretty flushed due to personal reasons. So here we are 2020, stuck at home during quarantine and bored out of my mind.
It’s a selfish thought but I never liked the idea of being obligated to an additional sets of responsibilities and guidelines as I’d rather just play the game and enjoy it rather than spend half that time monitoring players and looking at confusing calladmins. However, I find myself time and time again having to respond to people that can completely ruin the fun for others or myself; so here I am. I feel I would be a good representation for the community and it’s standards. I’m pragmatic and emotionally sound so my judgment in situations would be clear. What this position means to me: The position that would be a channel for my efforts in serving the better of the community by being a first responder to imminent situations rather than having reports sit in purgatory with people not getting punished for my inability to do so.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members?
Would’ve said Cake, but he’s gone however. I’m familiar with some staff on the forums and discord; but that doesn’t mean I’m comfortable enough to say that I know them and add them to my application.

When are you usually available to play?
Pacific Time Zone / Pacific Standard Time:
Mon - Fri: 5:00-10:00PM
Weekends: Almost any given time if really needed

▷Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you wish to moderate◁
No warning at all:
Permanently gagged or muted (I have never seen cheats be advertised by VC but who knows)
I will conceal myself and spectate the hacker(s) and record a demo and get at least a solid 10-15 seconds long of clip of evidence, also ask other people if they have the same suspicions that I do.
If I am near positive that they are hacking: it will be a permanent ban. Later I will provide the demo to other staff on request or if there is an appeal being filed.
I will conceal myself, gather evidence of or how they are exploiting by taking screenshots, recording demos, and any other means necessary. I will then kick them once as a warning If it’s blatant. If they don’t listen, I’ll hand them a ban:
1 day ban » 3 day ban » 1 week ban » 3 week ban » 1 month ban » Permanently banned
I will later provide the evidence of the exploit to staff that either manage or play on the server(s) so that it will help them identify any possible exploiters in the future, if I know the process of how the exploit is committed I will forward it to Benedevil and other very select staff.

I will give them a small hint to cut it out, afterwards 1 warning saying that doing so is punishable.
2 hour mute » 8 hour mute » 1 day mute » 3 day mute » 1 week mute » 3 week mute » 1 month mute » permanently muted
I will give them a small hint to cut it out, afterwards 1 warning saying that doing so is punishable.
2 hour gag » 8 hour gag » 1 day gag » 3 day gag » 1 week gag » 3 week gag » 1 month gag » permanently gagged
Unacceptable, No warnings.
1 day gag or mute » 3 day gag or mute » 1 week gag or mute » 3 week gag or mute » 1 month gag or mute » Permanently gagged or muted
If they find a way to still express racism through unconventional means like: name changes or other creative means. It will be a ban in place of the duration(s) above.

No warning; I will take a screenshot of the inappropriate spray as evidence and just spray ban them.
Slay the people that are spawn camping, display a /csay message telling them it is punishable, that will be their one and only warning, if persists:
1 day ban → 3 day ban → 1 week ban → 3 week ban → 1 month ban → Permanently banned
Warn them once with a kick telling them to cut it out. If they persist:
1 day gag or mute » 3 day gag or mute » 1 week gag or mute » 3 week gag or mute » 1 month gag and mute » Permanently gagged and muted

Not cool, there will be no warning as it would ruin the purpose of being undercover in the first place:
1 hour gag or mute » 3 hour gag or mute » 8 hour gag or mute » 1 day gag or mute » 3 day gag or mute » 1 week gag or mute » 3 week gag or mute » 1 month gag or mute » Permanently gagged or muted
I will hint at them to cut it out, if the continue I’ll will say that it’s punishable if they continue. Persisting in doing so will result in:
2 hour gag or mute » 8 hour gag or mute » 1 day gag or mute » 3 day gag or mute » 1 week gag or mute » 3 week gag or mute » 1 month gag or mute » Permanently gagged or muted
I will attempt to warn them in whatever language they are speaking in, afterwards
1 hour mute » 3 hour mute » 8 hour mute » 1 day mute » 3 day mute » 1 week mute » 3 week mute » 1 month mute » Permanently Muted

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Sure, here’s my tfstats if you want to see my chatlogs and activity:

Here’s my SteamRep info:
| steamname: What's new scooby doo
| steam3ID: [U:1:371430698]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:185715349
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198331696426
| customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Warrak
| steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198331696426

Here’s my Rep.tf

Are you proficient in languages other than English?
Yes, Portuguese

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Your activity is what immediately comes to mind, as you mentioned above.

So I decided to look at your logs and I was initially pleasantly surprised to see you have over 5 days logged. Then I realized a not-insignificant amount of that time, you were afk. In-fact, you had no point change for the vast majority of your connection time since your most recent return.

Sorted by connection duration
Screenshot_20200705-004504.png

Sorted by most recent connections
Screenshot_20200705-005111.png

Warrak

Rage Inducing

Warrak

Your activity is what immediately comes to mind, as you mentioned above.

So I decided to look at your logs and I was initially pleasantly surprised to see you have over 5 days logged. Then I realized a not-insignificant amount of that time, you were afk. In-fact, you had no point change for the vast majority of your connection time since your most recent return.

Sorted by connection duration
View attachment 18840

Sorted by most recent connections
View attachment 18841
Alot of variables play into this.
Accumulatively I've got around 3 and a half days of playtime total of me being actually active out of the (5+ days it says I have,, yeaah that kinda looks bad haha)

For the most recent connections:
- I also have found the repetition of the gamemode getting to me as there's nothing new being presented, no suggestions going through or simply nobody on the server to play with leaving me waiting and hoping for at least 1 other person to join. ( I probably shouldn't do this)
- Most recently, it was virtually impossible to kill anyone due to the fact that all weapon upgrades were broken leaving people with the only option to buy resistances.
- Additionally, I have been finding it bad that I always seem to make people leave the game when I play casually, so I just suppress my self to just interacting with people in chat, being friendly, and playing when my team is getting stomped.
/\
The last couple of weeks I've been spending my time doing alot more talking than playing, not gonna lie.​

For the longest connection durations,
I admittedly do go away some days with my computer left on unintentionally without closing out of tf2, so yeah that's totally on me.

Last edited:

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
Quick look at your application and it looks fine,

You seem like a player with great knowledge about UberUbrages and it would definitely benefit the team to have a player like that, but I do have some concerns.
Your activity on the servers as Rainbowrobb also pointed out but I guess your explanation covers it, even though it was a bit meh

I also remember a topic about you intentionally pushing players into spawncamping only to report them and get them banned from the servers. It was a long time ago, but hopefully something we will never hear again.

Good luck with your application.

Warrak

Rage Inducing

Warrak

I also remember a topic about you intentionally pushing players into spawncamping only to report them and get them banned from the servers.
hm...yeah that kinda sounds bad....I'm not sure of the context and details behind that story and I'm not sure if this is really the place to have a conversation about it either. I Might know what you're talking about but I'll just pm you and ask for some more info about it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

As for the activity issue, I'm planning on patching that up and simply playing on other servers other than UU to shapen up my activity.

Thanks for checking out my app.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'm not sure if this is really the place to have a conversation about it either. I Might know what you're talking about but I'll just pm you and ask for some more info about it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

To be clear, this is exactly the place for such conversation.

Lox

Totally Ordinary

Loxi

Punishment info:

Commblocks (Mutes, Gags, and SIlences)BansTeambans (For Jailbreak)

1594168132980.png

Warrak

Rage Inducing

Warrak

To be clear, this is exactly the place for such conversation.
Alright, want me to post the conversation I had? I can do that, if you'd like.
Here it is:
1594235777783.png

1594235803819.png

1594235840586.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Punishment info:
oh, yep I see. Definitely wasn't mature back then.

Attachments

• 1594235555529.png
    1594235555529.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 1594235600428.png
    1594235600428.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Above all else, Bene demands his staff be respectful to players. This is especially true of new players and people who are new to the community.

1594441473218.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom