Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Warden Model Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper

Unicake

All the reasons for removal stated below:

1. The model doesn't support some of the animations.
  2. You can't really tell what class the warden is
  3. It turns your cosmetics black

I think you should replace the model with some particles or something else to recognise warden.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

The point is that you stand out so the reds can easily tell who the warden is. There would need to be some other way of telling which blue is the warden, if for example you say "crouch walk follow me," so particles would be pretty good, similar to a freeday maybe, though this would get confusing. There isn't a real need to know what class the warden is or what cosmetics he has unless you're going to ask questions about your cosmetics during jeopardy.

As for the black cosmetics and the animations, these aren't really an issue as a whole. Unless there's something out there that has all 9 classes as wardens, you can't fix the class or animations.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Unless you want to create 8 other models for the other classes, I don't see why this should be changed. The point is so warden stands out, not to make him aesthetic.

♥Natsuki♥

Mildly Menacing
I don’t see any probs with the model. Like what heyya said if for an example warden says “crouch walk follow me” the prisoners may follow the wrong person and get killed due to misunderstanding. And the cosmetics being black isn’t a problem unless ur doing jeapordy but you can always ask other questions. And finally its not important for the prisoners to know what class the warden is. If you want to change you can help yourself and create one on your own but please make sure its obvious who the warden is.

Doctor Hexmask

Wicked Nasty

Hexmask

If we are going to make it so there is no warden model and just particles, don't make it so the warden always can see particles on them as this can fill up their screen and become annoying as well as not being able to see the reds very well. But I am still + for the particles.

jourrapide

Uncharitable
All the reasons for removal stated below:

1. The model doesn't support some of the animations.
  2. You can't really tell what class the warden is
  3. It turns your cosmetics black

I think you should replace the model with some particles or something else to recognise warden.

Also add that sometimes you can't understand: How is he aiming, where is he aiming, what weapon is he holding since it blends with the model file and makes it in a wrong position, and lastly (since its a model for soldier) if you don't play jb a lot, you can't tell where the head is when sniping (Again, just if you don't play jb a lot or you are just new to tf2 in general).

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I say YES, giving the warden a particle effect would do the job whilst also allowing the reds to know which class he is, this would also solve the issue of trivia "whats my cosmetic/weapon" issue and would mean that people who didnt notice they were warden would see the particle in first person so they'd know quicker. thus saving some time. maybe even a marker over their head saying WARDEN

Dell

Truly Feared
I like the idea of getting rid of the warden model and using something else as an indicator. The model is glitchy; some wardens try to do stuff like "what is the name of my hat" for Trivia, and obviously you can't see half of what they have on due to the black color and the model itself. It doesn't work with most class animations, be it taunts or just simply holding a weapon. (For example, a heavy doing a pow kill taunt is seen as a stock soldier animation). That can be an issue for a rebelling red in a sense, when they can hardly tell what the warden is doing or what class he is. Half the time, I can't tell what class the warden is, especially when the warden is using some kind of all-class weapon.
While it is to stand out to the reds, there are PLENTY of other ways to "stand out". Some kind of particle like the freeday particles seems like the best option though. That, or an indicator over the warden's head or some kind of coloring system (that might be difficult with the fact donators can color themselves though.) I say yes to removing the model and replacing it with some other kind of indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom