Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending w1200441's Moderator Application

w1200441

Username: w1200441

Name
w1200441

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? 346.49 hrs

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? No

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/268822

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:23984400

Your DiscordID
w1200441

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
BlackWonder SG | Orange z7 | 100% Crits | Homing Reflect

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Ash Shaw is the only active admin I met in this server, after successfully cooperated with him for map glitches fixing of server, I think should try to join the moderator team to make this server be better.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Ash Shaw

How often do you play TF2?
>=10 hours per week

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
This server is peaceful enough, just sometimes aimbots appears (Players will autonomously be united to a group to fight the cheaters, but if there's an admin to solve it will be faster).

-Hacking/cheating: Permanent ban.
-Advertising hacks/cheats: Verbal warning, if really have clear intention to advertising (post link/name etc.) then give permanent gagged after verbal warning.
-Exploiting: No punishment. (No more major exploit in this map)
-Spawn camping: No punishment.
-Mic/Chat spamming: Verbal warning (I don't oppose to player's freedom of speech), if over offensive then give 1 week banned/once after verbal warning.

Punishment must have attached video/photo according to.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
A little bit sourcemod plugin knowledge, supported plugin and was approved for this server: https://blackwonder.tf/threads/fix-orange-z7-100-crits-homing-reflect.36705/#post-136019

I had been banned 1 week by a player unreasonably report and it got inexplicable approved. Here is the explain how I killed him: First kill was his teammate soldier points out his location (always have players do this to invisible spy teammates in TF2), so I randomly shot there and got him. Second kill was he walked on glass floor, and I can hear the footstep from my headphone: https://blackwonder.tf/threads/repo...der-sg-orange-z7-100-crits-homing-refl.35782/

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Traditional/Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese

Last edited:

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi, just gonna go over your application real quick.

1708002399121.png

Good playtime, active sessions

Chatlogs are fine
You seem to advertise your own servers a lot

One ban on record from 178 days ago
1708003660927.png

-Exploiting: No punishment. (No more major exploit in this map)
If an exploit is discovered in the future, you will probably need to take some action against players who use it to their advantage before it is patched. Please don't excuse exploiting

-Mic/Chat spamming: Verbal warning (I don't oppose to player's freedom of speech), if over offensive then give 1 week banned/once after verbal warning.
- 1 week for spam is very harsh
- For mic/chat spam, our punishments are usually mutes and gags, respectively

I would like to know how you would deal with the following:
- Toxicity/Racism/Harassment
- NSFW Sprays/Objectors

That's pretty much all from me. Application is fine. Would like to see more forum activity from you
Feel free to edit your application to include any missing information. Please reach out to us if you have any questions. Thanks

Attachments

• 1708003643672.png
    1708003643672.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 21

w1200441

Hi, thanks for your kindly reply.
After viewed your feedback and my edited accordingly as below:
If an exploit is discovered in the future, you will probably need to take some action against players who use it to their advantage before it is patched. Please don't excuse exploiting
If new exploits discovered and players start to use it. At first, I would announce for the exploit punishment (1 week banned/once) and give an improvement period for players to share the announcement in game. the period given would be basically 1 week. During period will give verbal warning to players who use exploit. After period is over, the punishment will begin active.

- 1 week for spam is very harsh
- For mic/chat spam, our punishments are usually mutes and gags, respectively
I know it is harsh for ban 1 week, but this punishment will give to players who still offensive spam after verbal warning. In basically, mic/chat spam without offensive active I will just give verbal warning only.

I would like to know how you would deal with the following:
- Toxicity/Racism/Harassment
- NSFW Sprays/Objectors
Toxicity/Racism/Harassment: 1 week banned/once after verbal warning.
NSFW Sprays/Objectors: Permanent spray ban after verbal warning.

In my opinion to manage players, giving verbal warning is the start before punishing to a player. After 3~5 times verbal warning, then it is no more chance to that player anymore. Will punish harshly.

Thanks for take your time to viewing and wish to receive your feedback again.

Yours sincerely,
W

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi! Just a couple of things:

I know it is harsh for ban 1 week, but this punishment will give to players who still offensive spam after verbal warning. In basically, mic/chat spam without offensive active I will just give verbal warning only.
All of our punishments scale up for users who repeatedly break rules, starting from smaller times and doubling for each infraction. For offenses in chat/voice, we only need to pull out bans if the user has already progressed their punishments beyond permanent. Commblocks (respective gags/mutes) usually suffice

NSFW Sprays/Objectors: Permanent spray ban after verbal warning.
Feel free to just sprayban

That's all from me for now, thanku for your patience :)

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Hey W1200441, about time I finally leave a comment.

Our interactions with each other have been pretty pleasant. Not much to add on your application itself. There are a few other punishments we account for but I'm confident you'll quickly learn them on the job if your application is accepted.

I would personally love to see you interact with our forums and discord a bit. As you already mentioned above you made a several suggestions/bug fixes that I submitted for you. Credit all belongs to you as you took the initiative to not only show me the exact issues but built your own plugin to fix it through sourcemod. Additionally you've been working further to make entirely newly themed orange crit maps that you'd been asking for feedback and hopefully will be submitted through suggestions since they look awesome. If our interested I'd also recommend checking our other servers and trying them out since SG | Orange z7 | 100% Crits | Homing Reflect is only alive for at most 6-7 hours every few days.

Overall just stay active and good luck!

w1200441

Hi Ash,
Far as you know the SG | Orange z7 | 100% Crits | Homing Reflect server was peaceful enough, also the major glitches has been fixed. But, In the fact, there still have 1 glitch which was keep the gun fire immunity even leave melee area. It happened to me once and no one knows how to trigger it until now, I'm still figuring out how was it triggered. If one day someone or me figured out how it works, then I will start to update the plugin to fix it.
To be honestly, my purpose for moderator application just simply want to make SG | Orange z7 | 100% Crits | Homing Reflect server can have 1 more admin to deal with cheaters immediately.

About the new themed orange cirt map, you were welcome to use it and it was exist in workshop now. Still keep updating if I get some new ideas.

Yours sincerely,
W

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom