Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined VSH, Toggling hale, AFK players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo!

tobu!

Every player must toggle hale when joining VSH server, automatically turns off when leaving the VSH server.

There's :
Players saying "Kill me" or "I don't want to be hale" just delays the round, despite telling them to toggle off being hale.
Players who delays the round by being friendly and doing stupid "hide and seek" games.
Players who are inexperienced, just doing W+M1 and delaying the round.

AFK players taking up slots for certain classes, also a problem

I don't know what's the best solution for this,
but change it in a way so this doesn't become a problem.
Kick players for being AFK in 3 to 5 minutes maybe?

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Automatically toggling Hale off makes a saved 'queue points' system completely pointless. Some people like to disconnect when they have high points so they can be Hale immediately upon their next connect. Having to manually toggle the queue every time you join will slowly frustrate players, and I guarantee there'll be some kind of uproar when people join and don't realise their queue has been auto-toggled off.

Kicking AFKs would be a bit impractical since it could detect someone who died at the start of a round as AFK and kick them when they're clearly not away. A better option would be to move them to spectator only if they are alive and AFK.

Players being friendly/"kill me"/"I don't want to be Hale" are reportable. Make a demo and report them here on the forums. The players that play 'hide and seek' are also reportable unless its an Engineer in his nest, or a Sniper on a perch that is actively sniping. I believe players that are camping at the Engineers nest are also exempt from the no camping rule, provided they are engaging the Hale when he shows up, but I'm not 100% on that.

Inexperienced players are inexperienced players. Nothing that you, me, or anyone else can do about that. Use them as fodder to keep yourself alive.

Boo!

tobu!

Automatically toggling Hale off makes a saved 'queue points' system completely pointless. Some people like to disconnect when they have high points so they can be Hale immediately upon their next connect. Having to manually toggle the queue every time you join will slowly frustrate players, and I guarantee there'll be some kind of uproar when people join and don't realise their queue has been auto-toggled off.

Kicking AFKs would be a bit impractical since it could detect someone who died at the start of a round as AFK and kick them when they're clearly not away. A better option would be to move them to spectator only if they are alive and AFK.

Players being friendly/"kill me"/"I don't want to be Hale" are reportable. Make a demo and report them here on the forums. The players that play 'hide and seek' are also reportable unless its an Engineer in his nest, or a Sniper on a perch that is actively sniping. I believe players that are camping at the Engineers nest are also exempt from the no camping rule, provided they are engaging the Hale when he shows up, but I'm not 100% on that.

Inexperienced players are inexperienced players. Nothing that you, me, or anyone else can do about that. Use them as fodder to keep yourself alive.

I meant the "players" are the hale, not the red team (my bad)
I meant "kicking players" as moving them to spectator (my bad)
Nevermind the "toggle off when joining", default should be toggled off, not on
(If it gets updated, toggle off the hale for all the players, then the player must toggle hale)
Other than that, I agree, your suggestion is nice

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
We do move AFK players to specator, but maybe the rounds are too short for the timer to trigger.

Also if we require hale to be opt-in instead of opt-out I'm afraid that we will more often than not, not have a hale at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom