Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed VSH suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
MALZ TIME

So there are two things that players have been complaining to me about in VSH. Those two thing are:
  1. The Round Timer
  2. The Point Cap Possibility
Now I know that these two additions were made to prevent players from delaying a round. And that is ok.
But there are really good players on the VSH servers (like me) who find it annoying that there is a round limit.

The best example is the rocket-jumping solider on military area. The map is very small, has well places ammo and health kits and overall a very good map for soldier. One time I even solo'd a 18k health hale. But with the timer, that becomes impossible. If the hale has more than 5k health, it's either lose the game or get a drawn.

What I'm now asking it NOT to remove these two things, since they are proven to be useful! But instead give hale the option to start a vote to disable the capture point and timer option.

As for how, I am open to suggestion:
  • a command, like !vshc - for example "!toff" (timer off) and "cpoff" (caputre point off)
  • a popup for the hale at the very beginning of a round. For instance, it could have 2 question that ask the player "Turn timer off" and "Turn capture point off"
  • a message that notifies the hale about the commands if there are less than 10/5/2 players alive. Of course, that could mess up the gameplay of either of the players a bit, but it's only a suggestion
Note: IF we decide to include my suggestion, I still have a request for the vote: Make it that the first option of the vote is "No", since especially the younger audience tends to spam "1". That way this plugin will only activate if the majority of players know and agree about what this vote will do (couldn't phrase it better, sorry).

Opinions? Suggestions? Please leave a comment!

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I kind of don't see the point. The capture point and the timer are there to avoid long rounds and delaying. Why would a regular player vote to turn these off if it means that they potentially have to wait longer for a new round to start

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
As I said, there are skilled player that want a round to last longer because they know that the time isn't long enough for them to possibly kill the hale.

If we do it at the very beginning of a round, every player can ask themselves "Do I want this round to possibly last longer? Is the time enough to kill this hale? Is the risk of delaying worth taking this risk?". I mean, if a very skilled player goes saxton, and the player know that he will most likely survive the whole time, why not give them the possibility to extend the round? Or if only 4-5 people play on the server and most of them are friends, why not give them this possibility?

I know that this plugin, if added, will not be used most of the time. But it will have it's uses for those who wish to play a longer saxton match (with friends).

Personally, I don't have anything against those two, as I previously said. I am merely doing this suggestion because of the amount of complains I am getting from very skilled players.

Sakuya

Trickster
I agree with Malz, I play on a VSH server (Owned by Chdata) and there is no time limit. No time limit works well basically the round depends on how good the Hale is either he can slaughter everyone in seconds or be completely obliterated by the opposing force. In terms of the capture point, I do not care for it. Basically its a surrender button for the Hale honestly, no reason to back out of the battle by capping the point.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

But I had moments where Hale went hiding because he was low and Engies refused to go chase him. So they got forced at some point as the timer was getting lower. So idk

Max blw.tf

Unremarkable

meks

Hi. Here's my opinion on:

The timer:

About 900h of my TF2 playtime was VSH. Because of that, I feel like I know what fits well on VSH and what doesn't.
I definetly agree with @MiyukiMouse that newbies to the game are hiding because they don't want to lose. In that case, the timer has a good functionality and it isn't that big of a deal to wait.
Otherwise, the timer is something that kills a good VSH Server. Well-skilled players haven't got that much time to kill the hale and the newer players won't deal much damage. The timelimit is NOT a bad thing. It's as I said, usefull in some cases but it can be a pain in the ass, too.

The possibility to cap:

The fact that the hale and the last two players can cap, pisses me off.
The goal on VSH is to either win or loose as hale by fighting against the enemy players.
Why would you cap if that's not the point of the game?
It's really annoying, especially if you are the last one alive and the hale doesn't want to fight.

I would suggest to remove the cap possibility and keep the timer and maybe set the timelimit to 10 minutes.

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

I'm not really bothered with the time limit at all, but yeah, 10 minutes might be a good idea

About the capture points, those are part of the gamemode, I don't really see any reason for it go.
Maybe put up a vote for it or something after a certain amount of people have died, although It's just my suggestion, for the rest of it, I'm not bothered with it :p

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Forgot to reply to here, but a while back I changed the round timer to 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom