Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined VSH Rule Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

VSH RULE SUGGESTION

So, as it currently stands, there are only 3 rules outlined specifically for the Verses Saxton Hale gamemode.

What I would like to address with this is that there is no explicit rule stating you must do damage.

While this is not inherently a problem, it can cause some issues when it comes to reporting players that are active in the round, but are (repeatedly) not attacking the Hale when able to.

Now, I am aware there are situations where you cannot attack the Hale such as bad positioning, laggy/awkward Hale movement, or when you are being chased and need to focus on dodging the (incredibly long range) melee attacks.

It is painfully obvious when someone is actively avoiding the Hale and refusing to deal damage, but is not being ‘friendly’ with the Hale; the Hale player being more than happy to kill the user.

I am aware that not dealing damage and avoiding would first fall under Friendly, and then as the timer drew on and the RED player count diminished, it would also fall under Delaying, but some users may argue this.

To sum it up, I would like to propose a fourth rule to be included in the VSH Ruleset:

----------
Actively participate in the round
You must be active and fighting during the round, regardless of team or player count.
----------

This is a simple rule to follow, and ensures that players are actively fighting during the round.

RED/BLU AFK players are obviously exempt from this as they might have legitimate reasons for needing to AFK suddenly.
Spectators are also clearly exempt as they’re in Spectator.

Feel free to bash the suggestion or give feedback/thoughts on it.

I guarantee someone will say some stupid shit about common sense, and I know it's common sense to need to deal damage but some people don't have common sense and it baffles me to no end.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
If I had a nickel for every time a scout or a spy survived until the very end dealing zero damage, I'd buy out a small third world government. It's way too common. I like this idea. My only concern is 12 year old wannabe admins yelling at everybody when they go 5 seconds without dealing damage, but I'm sure they can be dealt with.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Kind of redundant since it falls under common sense :haha:.

But... it does.

TF2 is a shooting/fighting game as is the Saxton Hale gamemode. It is expected that players on a Saxton Hale server will be playing the game as it is meant to.

I suppose if adding this is necessary for some corn muffins to understand I don't think it's the worst addition possible.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

The poll has closed with a vote of 4-1 in favour of the implementation of this rule.

I feel like there are not enough votes to warrant this being added to the current VSH rule set, and a large amount of the active VSH player base did not view this thread to give their opinion or vote.

I believe this rule should not be added at this time, despite the outcome of the poll.

This can be closed as Declined unless it will be implemented regardless of the total votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom