Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed VSH Robo-hale explosion bug

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
As many know, the hale has an explosion bug. If you're knocked back while in the explosion animation, you can move before you explode.
Who thinks that this should be patched? Is it really that unbalanced that it has to be patched?
Yes, I'm aware it's a bug, but then again, if it doesn't make the game unbalanced, then honestly it's not that big a problem.
Just made this post to see the sentiment about this bug.

(Upvote if you think this should be patched, and downvote if you don't really care/think it shouldn't be patched)

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
As I say every time this issue comes up, if you're going to prevent Saxtron from detonating while airborne, you have to get rid of that horrendous end lag on the explosion animation. It's ridiculous that a hale can get punished by multiple backstabs, gardens, and potentially a huntsman stun lock just for using their rage.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
As I say every time this issue comes up, if you're going to prevent Saxtron from detonating while airborne, you have to get rid of that horrendous end lag on the explosion animation. It's ridiculous that a hale can get punished by multiple backstabs, gardens, and potentially a huntsman stun lock just for using their rage.
lag? can you go into more detail? does the explosion cause lag?

starm0nster

As many know, the hale has an explosion bug. If you're knocked back while in the explosion animation, you can move before you explode.
Who thinks that this should be patched? Is it really that unbalanced that it has to be patched?
Yes, I'm aware it's a bug, but then again, if it doesn't make the game unbalanced, then honestly it's not that big a problem.
Just made this post to see the sentiment about this bug.

(Upvote if you think this should be patched, and downvote if you don't really care/think it shouldn't be patched)
You can also jump and press m1 to activate the explosion and since you are airborne the taunt animation gets ignored and the boss can just walk near players so they have no chance to escape the radius, it's frustating at most, players are unlikely to escape cuz they are
stunned, it would be gamebreaking if you couldn't survive by breaking line of sight and pray that the boss don't come close.
And there is another bug, if you activate the rage before the round ends the sentry buster sound keeps playing and the rage doesn't get cancelled, so you basically give the next person who chooses Robo-Hale free rage at the start of a round with no downside. If the next boss isn't Robo-Hale then nothing happens.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
The plugin was since updated.
Is the issue solved?
Can confirm that both bugs are still working. Goomba_off is also still floating around apparently.
If the next boss isn't Robo-Hale then nothing happens.
I was testing with a bot and was able to duplicate this even though the bot was selected as hale in between rounds, as a normal Saxton. I think it works for as long as you can stay alive, or until Robo-hale gets picked.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom