Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed VSH needa tune up.

whynot

there's a slew of problems plaguing blkwonder vsh (i mainly play in the US server on reservoir)

heres a small list:

1. robo hales rage range (can kill half the map with one rage)

2. general mele range of all the hales (litteraly been hit like 40 up in the air and even with his back turned to me, this isnt a ping issue either.)

3. airblasting pyros (ive seen rounds last over 10 minutes bc of them and they're just overall annoying)

5. cbs is too flimsy and can easily be smacked across map which is very annoying. Also, idk who thought giving this man a bow was a good idea.

6. no map rotation (tbh i dont really care about it but it'd be nice)

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
2 and 5 aren't an issue. Ping is always going to cause hales to have more range than they should, and CBS's knockback vulnerability balances out his extremely powerful ranged weapon rage.

1 is less an issue of range and more an issue of Robo Hale still being able to rage while airborne, which was supposed to be fixed but never happened, I guess?

There's no way to limit 3 without heavily nerfing pyro. If they're intentionally doing it to give hale rage you can try asking for an admin in our discord to remove them, otherwise I suggest just not reviving them if they die.

Lastly 6. We have several rotation servers, and all of them are dead. The 24/7 servers are the only ones that can consistently keep players unfortunately.

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
I haven’t been playing much lately, but I’ll give my input since it’s VSH.

1. I don’t really think The Robo Hales rage-range is an issue, but rather the fact that you can rage while super-jumping giving you the ability to move while holding your rage.
If that is fixed then you have (in my opinion) plenty of time to escape it or hide behind an object, but it wouldn’t hurt to reduce its range.

2. This is already addressed by @10000 Cold Knights. Ping will always be an issue and Hale should have range as an advantage.

3. I completely understand how annoying airblasting pyros can be but if I remember correctly The Hale is too gain a percentage of rage when airblasted which can be used to kill that same pyro.
I also understand that this can be annoying towards other Reds since the pyro gives free rage percentages to The Hale that can be used against them. However as said in above comment, it will be hard to solve this problem without heavily nerfing pyro. Here are some “minor” fixes that could be implemented and somewhat reasonable.
- Make it so airblasting cost 2-3 times more (pyros can however still camp a dispenser, so is it really a “fix”?)
- The class-limit on pyro is 2 which could be reduced to 1.
- Make it so every 3-5 rounds, the person sitting on pyro is moved to another class so another player can take it. (However I could imagine this would be complicated to implement and also “kill” the server if players are randomly moved to another class.
- Give airblasting a cool-down (not sure if that’s possible, that’s something for the developers to look into.)

5. It’s kinda a contradiction. The CBS Hale being too “flimsy” is a negative thing, and having a ranged weapon a positive thing. They should cancel out each other, no?

6. As mentioned in above comment we do have several non-24/7 servers. As far as I’ve seen only one of them is doing somewhat good so in conclusion the 24/7 servers are the ones attracting players.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

If the issue with Pyro airblasts is delaying rounds (presumably them being the last alive, running away while spamming ABs) then maybe something could be put in place that would make them weaker and slower when used too often.

Liberty Mann

Unremarkable
I don’t think pyro should be nerfed again, he’s already the worst class in vsh without a doubt. To stop air blast spam pyros though, would it be possible to make consecutive air blasts less effective, so the first airblast would be 150% of normal airblast knockback, and then halve the knockback for every airblast after that? Also remove the rage on airblast given to hale, that way hale can’t just bait stupid pyros into gifting him rage. There’s only 2 pyros that can do this anyway, probably not enough knockback to annoy hale and it would maybe make pyro somewhat decent.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
1 should have been addressed,

We can play around with rage on airblast more.
Or someone can open a new thread with a different solution to airblast

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom