Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined VSH- do not allow certain classes to be revived

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Swimmer 23

Strange
I'm new to Blackwonder servers, but I have been playing VSH for over 8+ years and I have extensive experience with each of the current hales (except robo-hale). However, I have never been on a server that allows medics to revive people. That is ok with me as a concept, however, there are some classes that are extremely problematic for the hale, and allowing them to be revived makes the life of a hale that much worse. This leads to a severe unbalancing and will result in less people wanting to be hale. We currently have a VSH where the reds win 90%+ of the matches. These matches are often won within 2 minutes, and are not truly fun for everyone involved after a while. (This is when the server has 20+ people btw).

The classes that should not be able to be revived are Engineer, Medic, and sniper.

Engineer is a tough class to beat if you don't kill them early on in the round. They often "nest" with other engineers and its almost impossible to reach them due to severe knockback without using rage. Even then, medics can uber or revive them, and they can destroy your health bar fairly quickly with other people shooting at you. Allowing them to be revived is simply OP.

Medics are a huge nuisance and tough to kill with everyone around. Even if you can kill one medic, they can be revived by other medics and heal everyone else. Even with a rage, uber can revive them and make your rage feel like a waste. Medics often heal each other, making them require 2 hits to be killed, and one of them usually has uber so it makes it that much harder to kill.

Snipers (with any aim) are rather difficult to kill, and if you don't kill them early on, they will take away your health and stop all your super jumps. Its near impossible to hit a sniper that is jumping with their melee, but if they are revived, they can demolish your health while you fight off other players.

As a hale, you have to learn to prioritize these 3 targets, however, you only have very little time to kill these classes before its too late. Even with class limits, such as 3 snipers and 3 medics, this can escalate into having to deal with up to 6 of each, and most hales (myself included) do not have the time nor skill to deal with them in a given round.

I am open to other suggestions to solve this issue but this is my solution.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I´m not sure about these changes, since i don´t play VSH, but if it´s a real annoying problem, i think removing ability to revive only medics would be enough to balance it.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
maybe not remove the ability to revive medics, maybe add a revive limit?

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

maybe not remove the ability to revive medics, maybe add a revive limit?
Every player can only be revived once, the second death is definitive. And even then a medic is required to perform those revives

it would make sense if medics were the only ones who only had 1 life. 2 medics on red team is always plenty to keep the game going hard against the hale given that they are skilled enough

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Every player can only be revived once, the second death is definitive. And even then a medic is required to perform those revives

it would make sense if medics were the only ones who only had 1 life. 2 medics on red team is always plenty to keep the game going hard against the hale given that they are skilled enough
If i´m right, there is a limit: you can´t revive someone who was revided before.
I meant for example allow only the first medic to be revived, the other deaths are difinitive.
The first medic that dies can be revived, while all other medics that die after that cannot.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Honestly, outside of medic, you picked some strange classes not to revive. Engineers cant be rough and whittle down your health, and so can snipers, but I've never considered them trouble enough to really be upset by their revival.

Maybe things have changed since I last played, but Soldiers and Scouts tend to be the classes I wouldnt want to be revived. They're both great at making rounds last an extra 10 hours, and are able to output some solid damage too. A sniper may top score because a Hale ignored them for too long, but a Soldier will top score consistently as soon as the Hale learns to take down the sniper early. Scouts can be up there too, usually behind the soldier that refuses to touch the ground, but are equally as good at stretching out a round and chipping off your health.

Truthfully, I feel like somebody making a case for almost every class not being revivable. Pyros can be annoying with their air blasts, even if they are worth instant rage, and a demo knight with 7 heads can be as obnoxious just as obnoxious as a scout. A talented demoman can just as easily stay alive as a good soldier, even if they are slightly more difficult to play, and a spy can just prolong rounds with the invisiwatch as well as dealing some pretty solid damage. So long as you're not a heavy, you have something potentially super annoying for the Hale going for you.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Not being able to revive medics sounds good on paper, but in a server where people are often reluctant to play them as it is, medic being a one and done deal when every other class can be revived makes it even less desirable to play. That's really the only class that an argument could even be made for being unrevivable, as @Festive Steve H Oswald stated a good player at pretty much any class can pose a massive problem if revived. Also something that hasn't been mentioned at all is that meds have a 20 second window to revive people before the marker despawns completely, even if they're actively trying to revive the target.
We currently have a VSH where the reds win 90%+ of the matches. These matches are often won within 2 minutes, and are not truly fun for everyone involved after a while. (This is when the server has 20+ people btw).
This may be true, but the other 10% usually roll the red team anyway. If we reduced the impact revives had on a round there would be almost no challenge left for a good player. Even I would be very hard pressed to actually lose a match as hale if engies, meds, and snipers stayed dead.

Kiri

Australium
Seems like your just going up against noob hales that just w+m1 into the reds. It's a lot different when a hale knows what they're doing.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I'll be denying this suggestion due to the large amount of negative votes and responses. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom