Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Vote to restart servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hello, I'd like to suggest a voting mechanism which would allow admins to restart servers that are broken.

In my head it looks like this. If sourcebans is working (or you can somehow identify admins, with steamid idk) and 2 or 3 admins are on the same broken server. They could start a vote (which only shows up to them) to restart the server. If it gets passed, the server restarts and all the plugins restart with the server and everything is fixed, hurray, the world is safe again.

Also, if it's not possible to start a vote that only admins can see maybe that button (in admin menu) to restart the server could only be pressed if 2-3 admins are on the server, otherwise it'd do nothing.
Found this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=633808
As far as I understand one can create custom votes with this. Maybe it could help.

Thank you, have a nice day!

Last edited:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Some plugins tend to break when I play on certain servers (example being that RTD likes to go up in smoke on most servers half of the time) so it would be an alright addition in my eyes. Only issue I see is that the chances the plugin/s decides to break whilst 3+ admins are on at the exact same time seems somewhat farfetched to me but nonetheless, a good idea.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Some plugins tend to break when I play on certain servers (example being that RTD likes to go up in smoke on most servers half of the time) so it would be an alright addition in my eyes. Only issue I see is that the chances the plugin/s decides to break whilst 3+ admins are on at the exact same time seems somewhat farfetched to me but nonetheless, a good idea.
I believe most of the time you can invite 2-3 admins onto one server. From your friends list, discord c:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Why would it need a vote from two or three admins?

I'd prefer every admin to have the access to that "restart server" button instead. SourceMod allows you to configure that.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

In my opinion it is not necessary. You might need to restart a server once or twice a week because some plugin crashed. We might as well make it a much safer, unique procedure.
Besides, you're aware that people can make bad choices, do stupid stuff. We had a few incidents where admins made some questionable choices and sure, that can happen sometimes, not a huge deal if someone makes a mistake every once in a while, but this solution rules out unnecessary restarts ever happening which is why it appeals to me.

Last edited:

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
I say if we can't do that atleast have the ability to restart some plugins, such as using rcon, but not access to all if that's possible? IDK I'm just putting that out there because if we can't do that then do this.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Think I made a similar suggestion to Ben ages ago about this... though not about voting.... can't remember, but I was talking about installing TCAdmin for admins to use .. idk something about TCAdmin tool any way xD

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
When will this thing come true? :(
I was asked today by a dozen of players why are we even admins if we can't do such a simple thing like a restart by ourselves without having to tell the owner...
Our reputation will be compromised at this rate, not the first time I get questioned about being underpowered.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I was asked today by a dozen of players why are we even admins if we can't do such a simple thing like a restart by ourselves without having to tell the owner...
Our reputation will be compromised at this rate, not the first time I get questioned about being underpowered.
Actually I don't know a single community that allows their admins to vote for a server restart

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
I Think it would be really good to also stop the afkers from making it look like the server is almost full but there are only 5 people playing the game

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Katze, do you feel discriminated?
Cheer up! Here's a couple of pictures of cats:
IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG
IMG_2600.JPG

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I'm going to decline this myself since it's very situational and not that useful since we have Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom