Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Utilizing the Steam group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Sometimes, I actually do think, so I want you all to savour this moment and cherish it forever.

So I was talking With @Grizzly and @will5023. What I really mean is I was talking and they said "Mhm" and Grizzly ignored me, but hey, it's the thought that counts. But the group itself has nearly 2400 members, and even if a fraction of these people join the servers, or come on the forums, it could actually populate the servers more than usual, or get more people to actively use the forums etc.

Not a single announcement has been posted on the group, so maybe we could use this feature? Even if it's just updates, or invitiations to join a certain server, or an advertisement to something. Nothing spammy though, we don't need to do things like that. Maybe 3 or 4 times a week?

We could also organise the forums on the group itself a bit more, by stickying posts which could be useful to people. If you go on the group forums, people are posting about ban appeals, suggestions, reports, feedback (complaints mostly), so maybe we could make some posts on there to direct them and expain how to do things like that.

Also they allow you to make events, which people get small notifications about, even if this is used once a week, it still might get people to rejoin BlackWonder after leaving for a while, or bring new members.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts or feedback about this, please comment below and vote on the poll. Always helpful.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I doubt a group would bring in new members. If you play on a server once, you don't immediately sign up for their Steam group. That being said, as long as spam is kept to a minimum, I see absolutely no problem.

Just try not to spam about VSH too much it has the perfect chill vibe I look for in a TF2 server and I don't want no try hard normies with rustled jimmies ruining the perfect aesthetic vibe

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

How is that spam? If you cut it down, 168 hours a week, so thats about 5 seconds per announcement notification, so 15-20 seconds per week of being told about BlackWonder.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Sooo uuuh.. who is going to make announcements and organize events 4 times a week?

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
How is that spam? If you cut it down, 168 hours a week, so thats about 5 seconds per announcement notification, so 15-20 seconds per week of being told about BlackWonder.
I also don't want to waste 20 seconds of my time going to the door to talk about our lord and saviour.

But seriously, it's a nice idea. But for some people it could get spammy and they'll leave( mostly because they ask themselfes what that group is and when the hell they joined that).

Then there is also the question regarding who does that. Like, are you willing to organize everything and do it 3 times weekly? That would be awesome of course and could help to populate the servers a bit.

It's just, most of those ideas i see get abandoned after like 2-3weeks and it will return to it's current inactive state.

Then there is also the variety. Always making announcements to just go and join a random server will bore people after time and eventually quit the group.

If we are still doing this, it must be well planned to actually have a chance to work out well in my opinion.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

The Plan

3 Announcements per week. Unless it's a personal announcement or update.

Wednesday: 18:00 - 20:00

Will advertise some sort of thing for the forums, for example if someone needs to report someone, or about the FAQ, make sure they have read the rules, etc. (Mid-Week Announcement)

Friday: 18:00 - 21:00
Offers different servers to play on, choose 5 different servers, one from each region. TX, NY, LA, EU and UK. Choose a sort of populated server, 60% or less so there is room for people to still join, but people on there to make it look interesting. Try not to advertise Jailbreak though, it's normally always got people on and we never have issues with getting people on these servers. If we get a new server though, best place to advertise it would be here to get some people to go to it.

Saturday: 18:00 - 21:00
Game night? Where we could get a bunch of people to go on The Hidden, or Stop the tank, etc.. Advertise Discord to see if we can actually work as a team of sorts. (But if Bene could sit on a server for 5 minutes, people would probably stay because of having THE OWNER ON OMG LOLZ XDDDDDD YOU IS SO FUNNY.) Preferably a server which doesn't require much admistration. If someone is on a server, they are enjoying it, but need more people, they could use this.

Personal Announcements/Updates: Any day apart from Wednesday and Friday. Must be during main active period which is most likely 18:00 - 21:00.
Mostly used for things like Giveaways, events, server updates, when an admin gets accepted to congratulate them.

Wednesday would be used as a Mid-Week announcement specically because most people hate Mondays as they still have that hangover from the weekend or school is a right pain for them, tuesdays a weird mid-week day, so Wednesday it is. Friday is always good, people love Fridays. Saturday is the day where you don't really have to worry about anything. It's just peaceful. (Apart from Jailbreak).

Group Forums would include:
  • How to make a player report. - Basically a small guide with links to the correct locations.
  • How to make a suggestion. - Link to the page on the forums, teling them how to sign up and then make the suggestion.
  • How to report a bug. - Link to the page on the forums, teling them how to sign up and then make the bug report.
  • Where to post feedback.- Link to the page on the forums, teling them how to sign up and then how to give the feedback.
  • Admin list - List of all the admins, profiles of admins who are willing, and activity times if the admins are willing.
Events
Whenever there is an event on, if it's on the forums, or testing a map, playing a game, anything. We will make an event, wouldn't exactly need planned in advance, but if we could occasionally do it, maybe once a month?
Game Together V2 could be useful here^

If people abandon the group, we haven't really lost anything. Sure, the amount of members goes down, but since the group didn't really do anything, not really a big deal? We get the active members to join unpopulated servers, making them more popular. We might get some new faces on the forums and Discord who might actually stay, and they might invite there friends to the group, who invite there friends, it's a cycle which just gets bigger and better the more it happens. If the people who joined the group, but then forgot about it come back, we attract more and more people.

I'm happy to do it, and I'm sure I can rope @Grizzly into it aswell, he might argue, but offer him eclairs like you give a baby a dummy (pacifier for you Americans) and he will do anything.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own

Wednesday: 18:00 - 20:00

Will advertise some sort of thing for the forums, for example if someone needs to report someone, or about the FAQ, make sure they have read the rules, etc. (Mid-Week Announcement)

Your plan sounds pretty solid, but I think Wednesday might be a little overkill.

Long time members of the group are gonna look at that message and think, "Yes, I know how to report somebody, yes I know the forums exist, etc etc." and I'm afraid that may become annoying. I'm not saying that every once and a while would be okay, say like once every couple of weeks to a month, but every single Wednesday might be a little much.
I'm not a member of the Steam group (lol xd I didn't know we had a steam group) so I don't know what information is on there currently, but I think just having a FAQ in the group description or a FAQ thread will be enough for new members to get a grip of how to report people. Besides, if they ask it's not like nobody will answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom