Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Update] the final update for dr_nighttown_v1_3

sunstep

Truly Feared
Even though I declared this project as "no longer maintained" in my previous thread. I still decided to finish changes that I've been planning but never managed to implement before, or changes that I've considered but not implemented. Consider this update as a proper way to finish this project (and this is just a hobby project, so I just felt like finishing this up properly).

Soon the following changes will occur in the map dr_nighttown_v1_3, for Blackwonder:

The final update:
  • [Announcement] Whenever blue presses a trap, more time gets added before boss gets locked. This does not mean pressing a trap will re-unlock the boss. Once the boss is locked, it is no longer possible to play it. This has already been in place for a while I believe, but I do not recall announcing this before, except for the fact that boss gets locked again.
  • [Addition] added a notice when the boss fight gets locked.
  • [Addition] Bhop is fully disabled at the escape part of the Act I boss fight, to make players play it as intended.
  • [Addition] If the map changes after pressing bonus mode (and there is no next round), then bonus mode will activate the first round the next time the map gets played. Note that this progress will always be reset if the server restarts/ crashes.
  • [Addition] added an invisible wall. It is not necessary to know where it is placed.
  • [Fix] The map no longer starts when nobody is spawned yet. So that means if you have a fast computer and are one of the first people to join, it used to be that you would hear the music that normally plays at the start of the map, before you actually get spawned in (Because you're still waiting for players.) This no longer occurs.
  • [Improvement] Thanks to the improvement of Nighttown's Vscript, cosmetics/ players/ weapons can now be hidden consistently at the start of the boss fight. (A lot of tests has been done, that seems to be successful.)
  • [Adjustment/ announcement] nerfed the shake of the Act I boss fight (escape part). The nerf has been reverted to stock which means that the previous buff has been undone. I'm not sure if this was already done in a previous version or not, so I'm still announcing it.
  • [Adjustment] made the timings of the doors that close during the Act I boss fight more tight. This means the doors will close earlier.
    • Tip: to get past the doors in time, optimize your parkour skills, try to jump from platform to platform quickly as possible, and make use of the map to save time. (Hint 1: it's near the surfing area, it could either save or reduce your time or straight up kill you. Hint 2: The second point where you can save time by making use of the map is at the part where you need to crouch).
  • [Adjustment] Beating Act II now prints out: "The End...". Since I have no plans for adding any new chapters/ bosses, there is no point in foreshadowing anything.
  • [Adjustment] Look on the top left of your screen while the administrator is counting down at the start of the round in the prologue chapter to see for your self.
  • [Removal] The map no longer starts at Act II when the map changes right after beating Act I.
Last but not least:
  • [Addition] Added debug information to the map. Starting from Act I, you can walk to the right corner of the spawn (far right as possible, near the tunnel). To get information about the stripper such as which version, latest update date and the amount of lines. This is mainly added for me but if anyone is interested, anyone can access it. The update date could change, even if nothing was announced like in this thread. Then it's probably nothing worth announcing.

This is all that I have in store. I truly had fun the past year or 2 working on this hobby project. And as always: the changes will be applied to the server, downloading a new version of the map is not necessary for the players.

There is no exact date planned for this update, it mostly depends on the administration of this server on how long it will take before it gets added.

Criticism/ suggestions/ (bug)reports? Contact me on Discord: "thesunstep". Or just reply in this thread. Do not add me on Steam for this.

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
The changes should be live on Blackwonder since yesterday. If there are no bug reports then this is final.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Nighttown Vscript V2 --> V2.0.1

Soon the following changes will occur on dr_nighttown_v1_3 on Blackwonder:
  • Fixed a bug where dead players were unable to spectate alive players during the first part of the boss fight, while the players were invisible.
    • Technical details: using the DisableDraw function on the player entity seems to make the spectator camera unable to find the players. The DisableDraw function has been replaced with NetProps.SetPropInt function to set the rendermode. This still makes the player invisible but allows dead players to spectate alive players.

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 17)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom