Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

update ba_amazonjungle_v2c to ba_amazonjungle_v2e

Status
Not open for further replies.

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
also, for the current version the cell door don't open via warden menu or button. I haven't tested the admin command to open cells but I don't think it would work. I'm pretty sure I was able to open them as warden once but no one else was able to when they were.

no username

Unremarkable
Map will be receiving an additional v2e patch to fix some other various errors. I only requested v2d because I thought it would be needed as a quick patch. You can disregard v2d, as v2e should be available very soon.

also, for the current version the cell door don't open via warden menu or button. I haven't tested the admin command to open cells but I don't think it would work. I'm pretty sure I was able to open them as warden once but no one else was able to when they were.
The cells opening is half dependent on the map, half dependent on the plugin. You actually have to go into a tf2jail config, and for each map, define what the cell door entity is. When the map first got put onto the server, it seems it was done incorrectly (though I don't fault the owner, after doing this myself on a private server I found it to be a pain to get right most of the time).
Tinkering with the tf2jail redux plugin configs gave me some nice insights into the map design - such as freeday and warday teleports being entirely server-side and not map side. If you have a spare machine to make a test server on, I'd encourage it, you can get some great knowledge on how the tf2jail redux plugin works and how these servers get configured. Of course I still only have base level knowledge, but it's enough for me to at least help with the configuration aspect of the map.

I believe the plugin locks the cell doors button, so I'm changing the name of it in v2e (since I think open_cells might be checked by default by the plugin) and will discourage using it in the config file to allow people to use the button. You can still put it in the file if you decide to disable the button.

I discovered another annoying bug with the cell doors, so they're getting an "overhaul" of sorts for v2e. And yes, it is intentional that the cells can't be closed. It's a personal design choice to prevent wardens from leaving cells closed the whole round, and prevents rounds from being soft locked.

no username

Unremarkable
v2e out, a few more bug fixes than I had in mind but it should be fine. I don't see any other bugs to fix for the forseeable future, fingers crossed this is the last version for a long time.

Important note in case you don't read the update logs on gamebanana, cell button name changed from open_cells -> open_cells_button just in case the plugin looks for the name as a default.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Admin open cells wouldn't open the cells but once the map update is up on rotation will make sure to check.

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
admin open cells works.

edit: never mind.

Last edited:

no username

Unremarkable
You can close this thread, v2e is on the servers now. I didn't notice any performance issues on the servers so it seems like it's fully functional.

Reactions: est
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom