Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Update Achievement_engineer suggestion

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Username: StenRodd

Which map is the suggestion about? Achievement_engineer

What is supposed to happen to the map? Update

Add a link to the updated map attached

Why do you want this map change? Took me a while to find a way to fix these issue since nobody bother fixing it so i decide to do it myself here are
few exploits fixes:
1. Fixed exploit were you can kill players with lazor by switching to spec
2. Pyro won't able to open doors from the outside with detonator and scorch shot now
3. Pyro's flames won't hit players through glass doors

If you got any question reply or contact me on discord: Rodd#4079
edit: Bene said he will add plugin to stop cleaver going through walls

Attachments

• achievement_engineer_blw_fix3.bsp
    8.6 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

o3dx

Strange
Seems to be already fixed since I try that on normal version but it never worked for me
The pyro detonator buttons are not fixed maybe the same fix can apply to the glass near the buttons also I’m liking this idea

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
glass in tf2 is wonky. The thing is, it's partially inherited from half life 2, which involves some spaghetti about bots iirc. I think the buttons could be either reinforced with a non-glass material on the side facing the glass, or just relocated entirely. I wonder if the reinforcement idea would work.

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Updated the map:
added flame block to doors
added a wall to block detonators

Last edited:

SuperGaben

Mildly Menacing
had a look at the map and i can confirm the detonator exploit is fixed the cleaver on the other hand there are areas that the cleaver can use to still grief the player iv recorded a video highlighting these locations will post in 20min

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Bene said he will fix it by plugin
to elaborate: this is an inherent source bug, where the cleaver and gas passer can pass through quite thick walls as the projectile is spawned inside them. We're investigating the possibility of a code-based patch for this, as preventing this through mapping is quite difficult and tedious considering how many walls can be shot through.

SuperGaben

Mildly Menacing
the detonator is still a problem the cleaver is definitely fixed but the detonator is not iv got footage of it will post very soon

SuperGaben

Mildly Menacing
to elaborate: this is an inherent source bug, where the cleaver and gas passer can pass through quite thick walls as the projectile is spawned inside them. We're investigating the possibility of a code-based patch for this, as preventing this through mapping is quite difficult and tedious considering how many walls can be shot through.

SuperGaben

Mildly Menacing
Did it worked on ground floor room?
nope the detonator can still open all the rooms a player by the name of basscat has been abusing the hell out of it
mocking the person who did the changes in an arrogant manor i believe you heard of him he tried to stop you from making the changes so he can abuse it the clip above is one portion of the that

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom