Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Underscore's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
User name: Underscore

Name
Underscore

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:1:206971843

Your DiscordID
#Underscore5456

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
A Garry's Mod server called The Sandbox. IP/website is thesandbox.tk

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I usually play on vanilla servers. Occasionally, I'll play something else, such as Freak Fortress or x10 mode, but I have no interest in such as Jailbreak or Trading. Not my cup of tea, y'know?

Here's a list of favorites.

favorites.PNG

IPs (in order of appearance on tfstats.tf)

45.35.1.186:27040 - Blackwonder TX | Minecraft World
45.35.1.186:27050 - Blackwonder TX | Hightower | No Carts
45.35.1.186:27055 - Blackwonder TX | Gun Game
45.35.1.186:27095 - Blackwonder TX | Orange | x10 Weapons
45.35.1.186:27125 - Blackwonder TX | Orange | Randomizer
206.221.183.218:27085 - Blackwonder NY | Orange | x10 Weapons
206.221.183.218:27115 - Blackwonder NY | Hightower | No Carts
172.96.160.170:27025 - Blackwonder LA | 2Fort
172.96.160.170:27085 - Blackwonder LA | Hightower | x10 Weapons
172.96.160.170:27195 - Blackwonder LA | Orange | x50 Weapons
85.117.240.3:27030 - Blackwonder US | 2Fort

Not listed on favorites but interested in joining

206.221.183.218:27055 - Blackwonder NY | Hightower | x10 Weapons
206.221.183.218:27050 - Blackwonder NY | Minecraft World
206.221.183.218:27030 - Blackwonder NY | 2Fort
45.35.1.186:27020 - Blackwonder TX | 2Fort
45.35.1.186:27035 - Blackwonder TX | Vs Saxton Hale | Sky-High Resort 24/7
45.35.1.186:27045 - Blackwonder TX | Freak Fortress 2
45.35.1.186:27100 - Blackwonder TX | Orange x3 | x10 Weapons (doesn't work)
45.35.1.186:27120 - Blackwonder TX | Orange x7 | x10 Weapons (doesn't work)
45.35.1.186:27140 - Blackwonder TX | Randomizer | KOTH
45.35.1.186:27185 - Blackwonder TX | Dustbowl | Class Wars
45.35.1.186:27150 - Blackwonder TX | Turbine
45.35.1.186:27160 - Blackwonder TX | Vs Saxton Hale
45.35.1.186:27165 - Blackwonder TX | Vs Saxton Hale
206.221.183.218:27155 - Blackwonder NY | Hightower | No Carts | No Crits
206.221.183.218:27110 - Blackwonder NY | Dustbowl | Class Wars
206.221.183.218:27100 - Blackwonder NY | Turbine
206.221.183.218:27150 - Blackwonder NY | Vs Saxton Hale
206.221.183.218:27135 - Blackwonder NY | Gun Game
172.96.160.170:27075 - Blackwonder LA | Minecraft World
172.96.160.170:27215 - Blackwonder LA | Dustbowl | Class Wars
172.96.160.170:27255 - Blackwonder LA | Slender Fortress
172.96.160.170:27285 - Blackwonder LA | Vs Saxton Hale
172.96.160.170:27295 - Blackwonder LA | Vs Saxton Hale | x10 Weapons
172.96.160.170:27060 - Blackwonder LA | Hightower | No Carts
206.221.183.218:27165 - Blackwonder NY | Vs Saxton Hale | Sky-High Resort 24/7
85.117.240.4:27045 - Blackwonder US | Hightower | No Carts
85.117.240.5:27100 - Blackwonder US | Turbine
85.117.240.9:27110 - Blackwonder US | Dustbowl | Class Wars
172.20.0.6:27100 - Blackwonder US | Turbine

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become a moderator to ensure that the rules are followed and everybody in the game has fun.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
Since school is around, the time I can be on is limited, but I'll still try to be on as much as possible. I usually get home around 3:20 or so. I usually stop for dinner at 7:00 and will be in bed at 9:30. Of course, on weekends, I'm pretty much always available.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
-----Deathmatch------

Greifing - Warn > Warn > Kick > Kick > 6 hour ban > 1 day Ban > 3 day ban > 1 week ban > permanent ban

Spawn camping - Warn > Warn > Kick > Kick > 6 hour ban > 1 day Ban > 3 day ban > 1 week ban > permanent ban

Cheating (hacked clients, scripts that give unfair advantages) - Permanent ban

Micspam - 30 minute mute > 1 hour mute > 6 hour mute > 1 day mute > 1 week mute > Permanent mute

Chatspam - 30 minute gag > 1 hour gag > 6 hour gag > 1 day gag > 1 week gag > Permanent gag

Toxicity (racism, slurs, offensive stuff) - 30 minute silence > 1 hour silence > 6 hour silence > 1 day silence > 1 week silence > permanent silence

-----Versus Saxton Hale / Freak Fortress 2-----

Camping / delaying rounds - Warn > Warn > Kick > Kick > 6 hour ban > 1 day Ban > 3 day ban > 1 week ban > permanent ban

Being friendly - Warn > Warn > Kick > Kick > 6 hour ban > 1 day Ban > 3 day ban > 1 week ban > permanent ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
1. I often sound sarcastic when I don't intent to

2. Since last year I think I've become a completely different person (my chatlogs from back then were hilariously cancerous)

3. I have high-functioning Asperger Syndrome (It's a form of Autism and I wish I didn't have it. The whole "high
functioning" part just means that my strengths are stronger and my weaknesses are weaker, if that makes any sense.)

4. I have Sensory Processing Disorder (It makes talking to people painfully awkward. On the internet it's nowhere near as bad, but it can still be noticeable.)

5. My memory equates approximately to a spilled glass of milk

6. I'm interesting in coding but I don't know any languages except Scratch (scratch.mit.edu/users/theluigiduck2)

7. If you have an issue with something, please be civil and give constructive criticism

(EDITS)
- Added IP addresses
- Got rid of irrelevant garbage in other information
- Cleaned up punishment section
- Added VSH to the punishment section
- Fixed a typo
- I can't connect to certain servers

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Howdy.
Last app for reference.

Your chat logs have noticeably improved which is a good start. Your playtime is good and you have no punishments.

Please tell us which specific servers (IP and name) you would like to moderate.

I won’t get into the specifics because I’m lazy, but your punishment section has many flaws. For starters, you are very inconsistent with times. Some go from an hour to 3 to a week while others start at 20 minutes and to an hour and to 6 hours etc. You should aim for a consistent and straight forward ladder that you can follow for bans and comm blocks. You should also be permanently banning hackers.

You aren’t that active on forums, but I do see you occasionally on discord which is good. I would like to see a revamp of your punishment section before I throw out a fully formed opinion. Thanks for the time.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Underscore! Nice to see you applying again. You already got your chatlogs and punishment section talked about, so I won't bring them up again, except for one thing I found in your last application that a) You should've used in this application, and b) You were quite literally told by an admin about these on your last application
1572204460502.png
Both of these statements, even though they were used on your previous application, apply very well to this application also, so I'm just going to leave it at that
You aren’t that active on forums, but I do see you occasionally on discord which is good
Tax Fraud said this in his reply, so it led me to look into your activity around the forums, discord and servers in game, since you yourself had said this in your application for information we should know.
12. My previous application was declined because I wasn't active enough, but nowadays I've fallen back into the whole TF2 craze so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
1572205106922.png
You knew that your activity around the community was important for applying, so you left our discord after about 2 weeks after being declined, and joined back yesterday, just 1 hour before applying. Along with this, you have had no forum activity since your last application, other than making this application. This is just community based activity, so lets take a look at your in-game activity.
1572205486142.png
Your total playtime is quite good, standing at 11 days and almost 11 hours. Everything above the blue line is playtime in between your 2 applications. There is nearly a 3 month gap from when you got your previous application declined and when you posted this application, and in between that gap, you've played for about 13 hours in game over nearly a 3 month period. Along with this, you still don't seem to take things seriously as you just post random, useless things in our requesthelp channel in discord
1572206040682.png
You then proceeded to say some things in general that just showed that you didn't really care much about it and that your behavior in some ways still hasn't approved.

Overall, if you actually were active in the community, instead of leaving for a few months, coming back, and claiming you are active, and if you decide to take some things seriously when you have to, I can see you being a good moderator, but you still need to improve in some areas. Good luck on your application

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
Time to do some explaining.
In order of appearance, top to bottom.
but your punishment section has many flaws. For starters, you are very inconsistent with times. Some go from an hour to 3 to a week while others start at 20 minutes and to an hour and to 6 hours etc. You should aim for a consistent and straight forward ladder that you can follow for bans and comm blocks.

Yup, this is something that I'm aware of. I did some cleaning up, but, for me, the length of time for punishments is dependent on how severe the rule being broken is. For instance, if somebody is friendly in a FF2 server, I'm going to take that a lot lighter than I would somebody micspamming, because the people micspamming are obviously trolling and sometimes have no regard for the rules. I'm still going to assume that they didn't know that micspam was against the rules, but I'm still going to take it harsher against those who are on the server only to break the rules.
You knew that your activity around the community was important for applying, so you left our discord after about 2 weeks after being declined, and joined back yesterday, just 1 hour before applying. Along with this, you have had no forum activity since your last application, other than making this application.

Yeah, this is my bad. I guess I'm getting desperate, because even from where I'm standing that was a stupid move. Now, about the forum activity, like you said, I only just recently joined again, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. I will say, however, that I've made a number of appearances on the Shoutbox and I've posted a paragraph in reply to a VSH debate, but I don't expect these things to count as "active on the forums."
and in between that gap, you've played for about 13 hours in game over nearly a 3 month period.

Yeah, I fell out of TF2 for a while. Got into Garry's Mod and Minecraft, but the owner of the Garry's Mod server isn't very nice, so I left there and played other things, leading me back to TF2. All of this was only about 2 or 3 weeks ago, so yeah, I'm kind of jumping the gun with this application.
Along with this, you still don't seem to take things seriously as you just post random, useless things in our requesthelp channel in discord

First, about the not taking things seriously, yes, I enjoy being funny a lot. I often try to make people laugh. I think the term is "memer." However, this does not apply to managing servers. When it comes to following and enforcing the rules, I don't usually throw out jokes.
Secondly, about the posting "random, useless things," that only happened once, but yes, I should have read the Discord rules before posting, which is 100% my bad and I did a wrong there and was not the correct decision and I should have known better.
You then proceeded to say some things in general that just showed that you didn't really care much about it and that your behavior in some ways still hasn't approved.

I can see that. My last application was significantly less long ago than I thought, so you would be correct to assume I haven't changed much. I've already listed the "not caring" thing up there, but I'm always willing to improve.

I understand that I probably look like some power-hungry kid trying to earn himself a rank so he can feel good about himself, what with me being autistic and 14, but please ask questions instead of assuming... I'm not going to tell you what to do, of course. I'm just some guy on the internet trying to improve the experience.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I would like to see these things removed from every server, but it appears that people wouldn't like that. I think random crits are BS, other people think they're funny. I think rtd is cheap, some people think it's just extra fun. I'd like to settle on a compromise; whether that be voting, specific servers only, etc.

I am not sure what you want to moderate since you believe some of the core (and popular) features of blackwonder servers after "BS" and "cheap".

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
I want to moderate mostly deathmatch servers. Yes, I don't think randomness is very fun considering how seriously I take the game, but I'm in no position to say that it's right or wrong.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Hello.
I don't have anything revolutionary to say other than the IP list seeming a bit bloated with servers you might moderate and that your punishments jump in scale dramatically, though you've already addressed the latter. Consider this a short summary.
Yeah, this is my bad. I guess I'm getting desperate, because even from where I'm standing that was a stupid move.
I'm kind of jumping the gun with this application.
so you would be correct to assume I haven't changed much.
By your own self-admission, you're not ready to become a moderator. You're activity has been sporadic and you've not engaged with other players aside from a few Discord messages and forum posts. You've played on the servers for a long while and it doesn't seem like you have any ill intent. The foundations are there for a solid mod. You just have to build on them.
I understand that I probably look like some power-hungry kid trying to earn himself a rank
Hardly. Seems more like a well-meaning fellow that wants to help out, but hasn't yet proven himself.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello @Underscore I hope you are having a good day. I have received feedback about you from some staff and it is consistent with the responses provided here. You are seen as a well-meaning player, but not exactly what we are looking for in a staff member, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom